Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Have Unions outlived their goals?
I applaud the Wisconsin Democrats that went MIA, to avoid a vote that they were not ready to vote on. The Republican Governor decides one day to cancel all collective bargaining with the State Unions? I am not a big Union defender, but this is a slippery slope if we allow this to happen.
Democrats country wide need to get some balls and do exactly what these guys are doing! Obama included!
Then you also think that all of the US senators should have waited to vote on health care until they were ready and had read the bill and understood every fucking line of that bullshit bill ,right?

The state senators who left the state to avoid the vote on a legally introduced bill , should be fired and put in prison for fraud, they recieve pay from the tax payer to do the work.

They took money from the unions and didn't want to vote for that reason, not because they weren't ready.

The laws concerning collective bargaining need to change to take away campaign money being paid directly from the unions, if the people of the union want to contribute on the individual level then so be it, but money pooled by the union should be excluded.

It may be time to dissolve all unions, and put this country back in the hands of the individual, power corrupts, ultimate power corrupts ultimately.

I'm pretty tired of elected officials acting on their own behalf for their own gain while fucking the people up.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(02-20-2011, 10:36 AM)IMaDick Wrote: The state senators who left the state to avoid the vote on a legally introduced bill , should be fired and put in prison for fraud, they recieve pay from the tax payer to do the work.

Hallelujah!

I KNOW I could do a better job than many of those people in Washington do.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-20-2011, 10:41 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 10:36 AM)IMaDick Wrote: The state senators who left the state to avoid the vote on a legally introduced bill , should be fired and put in prison for fraud, they recieve pay from the tax payer to do the work.

Hallelujah!

I KNOW I could do a better job than many of those people in Washington do.

Most monkeys could be trained to do a better job with one banana.

The problem in this country is not the official, it's the stupid fucking people that allow them to get away with shit like this, call it the right thing to do, and then wonder why the hell everything is fucked up.

The dems actually want to rewrite the constitution to make it alright for the state to run in debt, how fucking stupid do you have to be to think that is a good thing, that they are doing the right thing by obstructing a vote to uphold a constitution that requires them to be accountable to the people for a balanced buget?

Hey brainiac, how the fuck did the state get such a huge budget short fall in the first place?

The dems were in control of the state with a dem governor, they spent your ass into the poor house and you applaude them?

That is the same shit that happened in this state, our governor knew the jig was up and he spent us into the poor house before he left office, anyone who thinks that shit is not criminal needs to seriously consider getting the fuck out this country.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

That law has passed the house in my state already it is a good collective bargaining law.

This is the Obama way of saving money: Add 2 trillion in taxes, create 1 trillion in spending, look what he did...........saved 1 trillion.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
What the fuck is up with that (the senators leaving town)? Can you imagine if you worked for a corporation and you ran and hid to avoid an important vote? You'd be fucking canned!

Momforlife, I'm waiting for you to meet Misguided. The two of you are a match made in heaven and I'm going to enjoy watching you converse. 57

Can't say that I've spent a lot of time studying unions (I've never been a part of one) but I'm generally anti-union. Get rid of them. I think they fly in the face of a free market economy and basically hold businesses hostage.
Commando Cunt Queen
I'm torn on the union issue. West Virginia coal miners need unions. Someone making $30 an hour to push a broom probably doesn't. I don't belong to a union, but I do belong to a professional organization that has a tiny bit of power, not much. Not all employers are scrupulous. Sad, but true.

As far as ditching the vote, fucking draft dodgers. Who supports that shit? Fucking liberals piss me off. Proof they will run when they are needed most.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(02-20-2011, 10:36 AM)IMaDick Wrote: Then you also think that all of the US senators should have waited to vote on health care until they were ready and had read the bill and understood every fucking line of that bullshit bill ,right?

The state senators who left the state to avoid the vote on a legally introduced bill , should be fired and put in prison for fraud, they recieve pay from the tax payer to do the work.

They took money from the unions and didn't want to vote for that reason, not because they weren't ready.

I'm pretty tired of elected officials acting on their own behalf for their own gain while fucking the people up.

OMG. Is Dick my hero? OMG.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Hey username,...fuck you!
Who the hell are you to say you know jack shit about me,.. bitch.
I agree that the chickenshits should be busted loose and be out of work.
You are a terminal asshole,...again,...fuck you.
Dayum. I think you two got off to a bad start...

I'm surprised more people don't dislike me. I'm very dislikable. Of course, I think I'm the funniest thing evah. Not that it matters. I'm financially independent and I would shoot myself before I married again, so I don't need the love.
Cracker,...i just feel she is a self centered,arrogant POS who thinks she was put on this planet to save all of us.
To me,she's a fucking Troll.

(02-20-2011, 02:12 PM)Cracker Wrote: I'm torn on the union issue. West Virginia coal miners need unions. Someone making $30 an hour to push a broom probably doesn't. I don't belong to a union, but I do belong to a professional organization that has a tiny bit of power, not much. Not all employers are scrupulous. Sad, but true.

As far as ditching the vote, fucking draft dodgers. Who supports that shit? Fucking liberals piss me off. Proof they will run when they are needed most.
I have belonged to a few Unions over the years and what I have found out is they mostly benifit and protect people who would normally be out of work because they are not worth a shit and dont want to work.Most of these are Family members of higher level Union Rep's who got their jobs because of those connections.
Unions also bitch about non-union contractors or workers bidding or getting jobs they feel they are entitled to but dont want to do the same quality work or in the same manner.
For example,..if a Union shop puts a bid up for a job,it is usually MUCH more expensive than a non-union outfit.
Always a non-union shop will have any one of it's workers do any or all aspects of the job,such as one guy could clean up or fit up or grind a part to get ready for welding...and this keeps costs down.
But,...not a Union shop.Only a painter can hold a paint brush.Only a grinder can carry or string out a extension cord to do a grinding job.Only a floor sweeper can sweep the floor.God forbid you ask a Welder to grind his own metal or a Electrician to sweep the area under the junction box he has to wire up!
There is so much time lost in all this bullshit and each guy gets paid different and they all work at a snails pace.

(02-20-2011, 07:46 PM)Misguided Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 02:12 PM)Cracker Wrote: I'm torn on the union issue. West Virginia coal miners need unions. Someone making $30 an hour to push a broom probably doesn't. I don't belong to a union, but I do belong to a professional organization that has a tiny bit of power, not much. Not all employers are scrupulous. Sad, but true.

I have belonged to a few Unions over the years and what I have found out is they mostly benifit and protect people who would normally be out of work because they are not worth a shit and dont want to work.Most of these are Family members of higher level Union Rep's who got their jobs because of those connections.
Unions also bitch about non-union contractors or workers bidding or getting jobs they feel they are entitled to but dont want to do the same quality work or in the same manner.
For example,..if a Union shop puts a bid up for a job,it is usually MUCH more expensive than a non-union outfit.
Always a non-union shop will have any one of it's workers do any or all aspects of the job,such as one guy could clean up or fit up or grind a part to get ready for welding...and this keeps costs down.
But,...not a Union shop.Only a painter can hold a paint brush.Only a grinder can carry or string out a extension cord to do a grinding job.Only a floor sweeper can sweep the floor.God forbid you ask a Welder to grind his own metal or a Electrician to sweep the area under the junction box he has to wire up!
There is so much time lost in all this bullshit and each guy gets paid different and they all work at a snails pace.

I don't have experience with unions, but I think they priced themselves right out of the car-building market. Maybe the time for unions has passed.

What would keep employers honest? Especially if they can hire illegals instead of higher-priced American workers? I think that is my major concern with this issue.
(02-20-2011, 07:05 PM)Misguided Wrote: Cracker,...i just feel she is a self centered,arrogant POS who thinks she was put on this planet to save all of us.

I intimidate you. Just admit it. I'm your alpha, shit-for-brains. I own you. Awink
Commando Cunt Queen
(02-20-2011, 11:34 PM)username Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 07:05 PM)Misguided Wrote: Cracker,...i just feel she is a self centered,arrogant POS who thinks she was put on this planet to save all of us.

I intimidate you. Just admit it. I'm your alpha, shit-for-brains. I own you. Awink

Goddamnit, you never talk sexy like this to me.Smiley_emoticons_bussi

John Adams

(02-20-2011, 11:37 PM)IMaDick Wrote:

I don't think he'll appreciate it as much as you would, Dick.

I don't like it when folks I like don't like each other as much. Awkward. I think he's missing her obvious charms.

You aren't really a snotty bitch, are you user? You are just glib. (I had to pull from the Scientology Playbook to help explain you. hahahahahahaha)
(02-21-2011, 12:08 AM)Cracker Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 11:37 PM)IMaDick Wrote:

I don't think he'll appreciate it as much as you would, Dick.

I don't like it when folks I like don't like each other as much. Awkward. I think he's missing her obvious charms.

You aren't really a snotty bitch, are you user? You are just glib. (I had to pull from the Scientology Playbook to help explain you. hahahahahahaha)

Match maker, match maker, make me a match..find me a find.. catch me a catch....I dunno. Maybe I'm a snotty bitch with a little bit glib thrown in. Or maybe just an enigma. Smiley_emoticons_smile Probably the first, lol.
Commando Cunt Queen
Are you snotty and I didn't notice? Because I think I would have noticed. I hate snotty people.

I think you are just a smartass. I love smartasses. Unless they are under 21. Then they aren't so cute and I want to smack them in the mouth. If you can buy me a drink and be a smartass, that's totally fine with me.
(02-20-2011, 07:50 AM)Momforlife Wrote: I applaud the Wisconsin Democrats that went MIA, to avoid a vote that they were not ready to vote on. The Republican Governor decides one day to cancel all collective bargaining with the State Unions?

Isn't Obama doing what you are stating the Republican Governor is doing?

Think M & M.

Marriage and Mexicans.

And I don't believe ALL collective bargaining is banned.

Did I read something about wages . . . .?

Maybe that's Ohio . . . or Rhode Island.

The elected representatives are cowards.

Instead of fighting the battle for the people they "want" to protect, they leave and make the folks fight for themselves.

Pussies.
I am pretty torn on the subject of unions, on the one hand I believe that the average working Joe should receive some form of independent support so he can't be exploited, on the other hand some of these unions display a annoying sense of self entitlement.

Public sector workers are not selfless public servants, they get more than their fair share of benefits and guarantees.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.