Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Question for LC . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . Yesterday I went on a 300 mile road trip. And on I95 I saw 2 State Trooper cars passing by, which can be expected on a state highway. However, I also saw several Sheriff's cars seemingly patroling the "State Highway" as well.
The question is: Do sheriff's have jurisdiction on the state highway's, and could they write a traffic ticket? I always thought that they had jurisdiction just on local roads, not state highways.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I hear there are quite a few summons going out lately..........Smiley_emoticons_smile
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
if it's in my florida county, sure i have jurisdiction, but usually leave it up to the staties. Triple A of the highway as we always fondly call them. hahPolicehahPolice

(02-25-2011, 09:41 PM)Carsman Wrote: . . . . . . Yesterday I went on a 300 mile road trip. And on I95 I saw 2 State Trooper cars passing by, which can be expected on a state highway. However, I also saw several Sheriff's cars seemingly patroling the "State Highway" as well.
The question is: Do sheriff's have jurisdiction on the state highway's, and could they write a traffic ticket? I always thought that they had jurisdiction just on local roads, not state highways.

The sheriff deputies have jurisdiction anywhere in the county, including state hi ways.

inside the city limits it doesn't matter the sheriffs are the top law enforcement officers in the county.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Holy shit, I stand corrected, I'm glad I slowed down when I saw those Sheriff's cars coming my arse in my rear view morror!
Live & learn! Smiley_emoticons_fies

Be careful when you cross over into Georgia. We have the Super Speeder Fines now. They will fuck you hard if they catch you going 15 over...
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
what were you going to do Cars, tell the deputy he/she didn't have jurisdiction over you? hah Taser

Attached Files
.gif   lady-cop.gif (Size: 8.96 KB / Downloads: 1,195)

(02-25-2011, 10:05 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: what were you going to do Cars, tell the deputy he/she didn't have jurisdiction over you? hah Taser

Damn that sounds like fun.

But just a little logical thinking is all that is needed, county jail, county courthouse, county sheriff the only elected law enforcement official.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(02-25-2011, 10:05 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: what were you going to do Cars, tell the deputy he/she didn't have jurisdiction over you? hah Taser

I would have told them, LC made me do it! hah

(02-25-2011, 10:04 PM)Cracker Wrote: Be careful when you cross over into Georgia. We have the Super Speeder Fines now. They will fuck you hard if they catch you going 15 over...

Well actually I'm not that bad, I never go over the speed limit much more than 5 to 7 mph, and that's on a high way. On local roads usually do the limit. Have to for slef preservation, as there are so many blind & deaf drivers here that are in a world of their own, driving erratically.

(02-26-2011, 10:54 AM)Carsman Wrote:
(02-25-2011, 10:04 PM)Cracker Wrote: Be careful when you cross over into Georgia. We have the Super Speeder Fines now. They will fuck you hard if they catch you going 15 over...

Well actually I'm not that bad, I never go over the speed limit much more than 5 to 7 mph, and that's on a high way. On local roads usually do the limit. Have to for slef preservation, as there are so many blind & deaf drivers here that are in a world of their own, driving erratically.

I can't drive 5 over on I-95 S. I set the cruise control for 13 over...
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
GA. IS bad on speeders. i was conscious as hell about my speedometer when i had to drive through on my way up here. they are notorious for it. even with a "professional courtesy" Police i assumed nothing.

(02-26-2011, 11:10 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: GA. IS bad on speeders. i was conscious as hell about my speedometer when i had to drive through on my way up here. they are notorious for it. even with a "professional courtesy" Police i assumed nothing.

When I used to still drive down here from up North, I found the Maryland troopers pretty sneaky. I saw them parked on the northbound side of the road across a large meridian between the lanes, shooting radar guns at the southbound cars. They had many many cars pulled over about a mile down the road. Luckily I was only going about 5 over the limit, and they didn't pull me over. Smiley_emoticons_smile