Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Spring Break
Do you celebrate Spring Break at your hizzy? Where are you going?

We have two nights in Panama City right on the beach and will overnight in Huntsville. The rest of the time will be spent on yard work. (I hate the first grass cutting, it officially means I have to get off my ass every Tuesday after work.)

I am mostly looking forward to sleeping late.

We stay here if we can't get the beach house:
[Image: couldn-t-wish-for-a-better.jpg]
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
oh thankyou baby Jesus, i am no longer in florida for drunken spring breakers falling off hotel balconies! thankyou thankyou! Notworthy

[Image: 631379_orig.jpg]

Yeah, I would NEVER stay on Thomas Drive in PC. We stay on Front Beach Road and drink at Dusty's Oyster Bar with the locals.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
spring break in daytona ( i lived a bit north of there for a while) often coincided with bike week. what a nightmare that was. drunken teens, mixing with older rougher bikers, fatal bike accidents, fatal falls off balconies every year. my son made me laugh, he was 16, tall & handsome, could pass for 20, and he'd go to daytona clubs and dance wildly with the college girls, telling them he was from Notre Dame. hahaha~~ i'd see some gorgeous college girl driving him home more often than not. hah

Man, it's times like these when I wish I was a young'in again. My daughter gets 2 weeks off from school....and she just had 1 week off in Feb for "winter break".

Me? We're busy as fuck at work (which is a good thing) so no Spring Break for Da'Kid. :(

Anyhoo...it's only gonna be in the mid 50's at best here in I-dee-ho...barely just proper golfing weather.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

If I lived in a city that had a huge influx of Spring Breakers, I would probably take a vacation somewhere else.
ATL used to have black spring break ~ Freaknik ~

Whar de beach be at?
[Image: freaknik-dreams.jpg]

Because it is missing some hairy whales...
(03-30-2011, 07:26 PM)thekid65 Wrote: barely just proper golfing weather.

Holy shit! We're not even thinking golf in the good ole Twin Cities. We've had 1 day above 50 this March. Last year, we had 14 days above 50. Still SNOW on the ground.

I haven't even thought about golf yet. This (lack of) spring sucks! Our Twins open up in 10 days, outdoors, and it's going to be a reality check for fans. Yikes!
jesus Cracker! :O

i like your new avatart. hah

we had 'black college reunion' in daytona also, and i HATE saying this because it sounds so racist *sigh* but there was so much crime that week that all the local business owners would close for the week and the locals hid under their beds. they were terrified. i don't know if daytona still sponsors that event.

(03-30-2011, 09:42 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i don't know if daytona still sponsors that event.

Doubt it.
Thanks for the lovely new avavtar cracker. I couldn't appreciate the bush till you blew it up! Thanks for the vomit in my mouth! Luv ya!
(03-30-2011, 09:33 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(03-30-2011, 07:26 PM)thekid65 Wrote: barely just proper golfing weather.

Holy shit! We're not even thinking golf in the good ole Twin Cities. We've had 1 day above 50 this March. Last year, we had 14 days above 50. Still SNOW on the ground.

I haven't even thought about golf yet. This (lack of) spring sucks! Our Twins open up in 10 days, outdoors, and it's going to be a reality check for fans. Yikes!

I've gotten to play once, so far this year. Have my clubs in my truck ever since. There's been some days that I probably could have played (upper 40's)..but I've found that the older I get, the less enjoyable it is to get out there when it's cold/windy.

Shit, when I first started playing, I'd be out there in the low 30's..not anymore. It's actually gonna get to the 60's today, so if I can scoot out of work a little early, I might just go play.

Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

Spring Break my ass! We are getting a foot of snow tomorrow.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
The US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville is awesomeness. They've redone the entire thing (moved an entire fucking Saturn V rocket inside). The engines that lift the rockets are massive.
[Image: 800px-Davidson_Center-27527-2.jpg]
(not my pic, we went during the daytime)
It is mind blowing if you are of the nerdy persuasion. I spent hours checking out the intricate hand-machined parts. They have every class of missile/rocket displayed outside, along with the launchers. The SR-71 is still there, but is now dwarfed by an erect Saturn V and a space shuttle, complete with tanks.

My little one got to see who Lt. Col. Ed White was (my favorite astronaut hero) and stand in his concrete footstep. That place really makes you proud to be an American.

They don't let people tour Redstone Aresenal anymore. They finished the linear particle accelerator, so I guess they don't want bumpkins out there spiling diet sodas and shit. Plus, being at war, they probably aren't feeling too friendly.

Huntsville is not what you think of when someone says "Alabama." There are many people with money (the rich folks live out by the lake) and some of the smartest people in the world there. And the German food kicked ass.

Because the beach was chilly this week, we also spent a few days in Tennessee Walking Horse country. It reminded me of Lexington, KY with all the white/black fences and beautiful horses.

Oh, and my dog made a single poo as long as he is while we were gone, so we had something to see when we got home. Fucking dog.
(04-08-2011, 08:19 PM)Cracker Wrote: Oh, and my dog made a single poo as long as he is while we were gone, so we had something to see when we got home. Fucking dog.

hah

Guess the dog wanted to keep the memory of the Blackbird, front and center, in your memory.

Trip sounded great.

Your kids are lucky.
The older one just goes because I pop for liquor when we get back to the room. I didn't raise any fools.
:B..............Did you get laid? Because that makes a difference. Smiley_emoticons_razz
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Gross. No.

I'm a lil' geeky, but I don't actually hump them. Jesus.
(03-30-2011, 09:42 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: jesus Cracker! :O

i like your new avatart. hah

we had 'black college reunion' in daytona also, and i HATE saying this because it sounds so racist *sigh* but there was so much crime that week that all the local business owners would close for the week and the locals hid under their beds. they were terrified. i don't know if daytona still sponsors that event.

Daytona pretty much did away with black college reunion and I can't say I'm sad about it. All the havoc they caused wasn't worth it and local businesses and restuarants actually lost money while they were here. You know it's bad when McDonalds actually shuts down.

(04-08-2011, 09:25 PM)Cracker Wrote: Gross. No.

I'm a lil' geeky, but I don't actually hump them. Jesus.

Hey!...........Not the children for Gods sake ya dimple speck! Smiley_emoticons_shocked
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.