Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HEALTH INSURANCE

Are you happy with your insurance? Are you okay with the cost of it?

It traumatizes me to write the check & the cost keeps rising. There is a 200-300 difference in just the past two years.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
NO. Mine sucks. Costs twice as much and the deductibles are fucking huge and the copay has tripled. I consider it a pay-in-advance-loan in case I'm ever run over by a truck.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
The only good part is that I itemize (FUCK, need to do my FUCKING TAXES GODAMMIT) so you can deduct all that shit. It is a better deduction than a child. Think of your health insurance as your babeh.

I better get my taxes started. That bummed me out.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Smiley_emoticons_stummSmiley_emoticons_biggrin
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(04-03-2011, 11:53 AM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote: Smiley_emoticons_stummSmiley_emoticons_biggrin

hah
If you have insurance you need to use it. For everything, including gym memberships and any free screenings. Otherwise it can feel like a waste of money.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(04-03-2011, 11:58 AM)Maggot Wrote: Otherwise it can feel like a waste of money.

Eighteen thousand dollars a year for two healthy people.

Right now, we're all getting ass-raped by the insurance companies due to their prediction of massive losses because of the institution of Obama care. Which really sucks, as I'd be willing to bet it's going to be repealed before 2014. Here's what I've got @ my workplace.

Pretty much an 8020 policy.
$20 copay for office visits.
$15-$35 prescription plan (depending on whether generics are available)
$2000/family member deductible, $5000 max... Which really isnt as bad as it sounds, as after the first $500/member is paid, my company will reimburse me 90% of out of pocket costs until the $2000/member deductible is met.
Dental $1000 max/person...80/20 plan (semi-annual cleanings are free)
Vision Exams free.. $250/year on glasses (frames are only eligible to get replaced every 2 years).

Now, what's this costing me?

My employer completely pays for my individual health/dental/vision premiums
Thankfully, my wife just last year became eligible for her company plan, so I was able to take her off of mine. But before that, it was costing me $750/month to cover her, and my daughter with the aforementioned policy.
This year, since I'm only having to pay for my daughter, my premium for just her went up to around $400/month (approx a $50 increase from last year). If I still would have had to keep my wife on my policy, it would be running me over $900/month.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

(04-03-2011, 12:00 PM)Duchess Wrote: Eighteen thousand dollars a year for two healthy people. [/i][/size]

My god, that is obscene.

I will never complain again about my National Insurance contributions they are a fucking pittance. And no we don't have perfect healthcare, I don't think anywhere does but for that kind of money I would expect a blowjob from the nurse everytime I took a blood test.

(FEMALE nurse Smiley_emoticons_razz)
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(04-03-2011, 12:00 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-03-2011, 11:58 AM)Maggot Wrote: Otherwise it can feel like a waste of money.

Jesus Fucking Christ. Holy Fucking Shit. Is that COBRA?

Duchess, check with whomever has your farm insurance. If you do have a farm bureau, they offer major medical MUCH cheaper (BCBS). You are getting effed.
(04-03-2011, 11:51 AM)Cracker Wrote: The only good part is that I itemize (FUCK, need to do my FUCKING TAXES GODAMMIT) so you can deduct all that shit. It is a better deduction than a child. Think of your health insurance as your babeh.

Sorry, you cant deduct all of that shit. There is a minimum amount you have to have out of pocket before you can qualify for a write-off. I believe it's around 4K-5K.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

(04-03-2011, 12:11 PM)Cracker Wrote: Is that COBRA?

BCBS

(04-03-2011, 12:00 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Me - about $8,500. Okay . . . $8,324.72.

The price you pay for self-employment.

(04-03-2011, 12:12 PM)thekid65 Wrote:
(04-03-2011, 11:51 AM)Cracker Wrote: The only good part is that I itemize (FUCK, need to do my FUCKING TAXES GODAMMIT) so you can deduct all that shit. It is a better deduction than a child. Think of your health insurance as your babeh.

Sorry, you cant deduct all of that shit. There is a minimum amount you have to have out of pocket before you can qualify for a write-off. I believe it's around 4K-5K.

It's a percentage, I think. I'll remember in a day or two, when I get my lazy ass going on my taxes. I have major medical, dental, vision, long term and short term disability. I meet the standard to deduct each year.
Tiki knows...

Deduct or not deduct?
(04-03-2011, 12:21 PM)Cracker Wrote: It's a percentage, I think.

7.5%. It's not cost effective unless one has major medical expenses.

Please take into account I could be wrong. hah

(04-03-2011, 12:22 PM)Cracker Wrote: Tiki knows...

Deduct or not deduct?

My personal opinion (just to keep my ass outta trouble):

Always minimize your taxes.

Avoidance is legal.

Evasion is not.

As a CPA, I am conservative.

As a tax preparer, I am liberal.

Yes, Virginia - there are two sets of books.
You could have just about any medical problem, fly to India, get it fixed, and stay for a month for that amount.

Always minimize your taxes.

Avoidance is legal.

Evasion is not.

[/quote]

I like Tiki! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin