Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FUGITIVE WHITEY BULGER CAUGHT
WOW! i was stunned to see this when i first woke up this morning! whitey is a legend in Boston. and i thought he may well be dead by now. he's a religion to some in Southie, i'd love to be a fly on the wall in some of those bars today!
Bulger, 81, has been the subject of several books and was the inspiration for "The Departed," a 2006 Martin Scorsese film.

WHOO HOO FBI! 44

BOSTON HERALD

Fugitive South Boston mob boss and once the most wanted man in the world, James “Whitey” Bulger was arrested last night in southern California after 16 years on the lam and to the astonishment of many who held to the myth that he would forever evade capture.

The 82-year-old gangster — wanted for his alleged role in 19 murders during his quarter century reign of terror as a ruthless mob boss and FBI informant — was taken into custody along with his longtime moll girlfriend Catherine Greig just two days after a fresh media blitz aired pictures of him and his longtime traveling companion on daytime TV shows such as “The View” and “Live with Regis and Kelly,” the FBI said last night.

Greig was wanted for harboring a federal fugitive.

The last confirmed sighting of Bulger came in London in 2002, and since then the trail had run cold with multiple leads sending FBI agents around the globe on a manhunt dating back to 1994. Bulger was taken into custody without incident at a residence in Santa Monica, the FBI said, crediting this week’s publicity campaign. Bulger and Greig are scheduled for an appearance today in U.S. District Court in the Central District of California, the agency said.

The gangster fled Boston in December 1994, when he was tipped by his corrupt FBI handler John J. “Zip” Connolly Jr. that he was about to be indicted.

The $2 million bounty on Bulger’s elderly head is the largest reward ever offered by the FBI for a domestic fugitive. Until recently, he and 911 mastermind Osama Bin Laden topped the most wanted list. Bin Laden was captured and killed by U.S. forces May 2.

Greig is a former dental hygienist. On Monday, the FBI doubled the reward for her capture from $50,000 to $100,000 and, for the first time in its hunt for the couple, the FBI launched a national ad campaign seeking information that would lead to their arrest.

Bulger’s reign was punctuated by the particularly gruesome mutilation murders of crime rivals and even young girlfriends.

With the help of Bulger’s cronies, state police unearthed his victims’ mangled bodies in mass graves off the Southeast Expressway in Dorchester and also in Quincy in 2000.

Over the years, the FBI battled a public perception that it had not tried very hard to find Bulger, who became a huge source of embarrassment for the embattled agency after the extent of his crimes and the FBI’s role in overlooking them became public.

Prosecutors said he went on the run after being warned by Connolly, an FBI agent who had recruited Bulger as an informant 20 years earlier. Connolly was convicted of racketeering in May 2002 for protecting Bulger and his cohort, Stephen “The Rifleman” Flemmi, also an FBI informant.

Bulger provided the Boston FBI with information on his gang’s main rival, the New England Mafia, in an era when bringing down La Cosa Nostra was one of the FBI’s top national priorities.

But the Boston FBI office was sharply criticized when the extent of Bulger’s alleged crimes and his cozy relationship with the agency became public.

His younger brother, William M. Bulger, was one of the most powerful politicians in the state, leading the Massachusetts Senate for 17 years and later serving as president of the University of Massachusetts for seven years.

For many years, William Bulger was able to avoid any tarnish from his brother’s alleged crimes. But in August 2003, William Bulger resigned his post as president of UMass amid pressure from Gov. Mitt Romney and Attorney General Thomas Reilly.

His resignation came two months after he testified about his brother before a congressional committee. William Bulger said he spoke to his brother shortly after he went on the run in 1995 but never alerted authorities.

He said he had not heard from his fugitive brother since and did not know where he was hiding out.

[Image: today.jpeg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

his girlfriend's FBI page:

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/additional/cat...dia#images

WHITEY'S FBI WANTED POSTER

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/james-j.-bulger/view

Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) - Murder (19 Counts), Conspiracy to Commit Murder, Conspiracy to Commit Extortion, Narcotics Distribution, Conspiracy to Commit Money Laundering; Extortion; Money Laundering
JAMES J. BULGER
Subject Image Subject Image Subject Image
Photograph taken in 1994 Photograph Age Enhanced in 2008 Photograph Age Enhanced in 2008
Multimedia: Images Video | Audio
Aliases:
Thomas F. Baxter, Mark Shapeton, Jimmy Bulger, James Joseph Bulger, James J. Bulger, Jr., James Joseph Bulger, Jr., Tom Harris, Tom Marshall, Ernest E. Beaudreau, Harold W. Evers, Robert William Hanson, "Whitey"
DESCRIPTION
Date(s) of Birth Used:

September 3, 1929

Place of Birth:
Boston, Massachusetts
Height:
5'7" to 5'9"
Weight:
150 to 160 pounds
Build:
Medium

Unknown

Hair:
White/Silver
Eyes:
Blue
Complexion:
Light
Sex:
Male
Race:
White
Nationality:
American
Scars and Marks:

None known

Remarks:
Bulger is an avid reader with an interest in history. He is known to frequent libraries and historic sites. Bulger may be taking heart medication. He maintains his physical fitness by walking on beaches and in parks with his female companion, Catherine Elizabeth Greig. Bulger and Greig love animals. Bulger has been known to alter his appearance through the use of disguises. He has traveled extensively throughout the United States, Europe, Canada, and Mexico.
CAUTION
James J. Bulger is being sought for his role in numerous murders committed from the early 1970s through the mid-1980s in connection with his leadership of an organized crime group that allegedly controlled extortion, drug deals, and other illegal activities in the Boston, Massachusetts, area. He has a violent temper and is known to carry a knife at all times.
REWARD
The FBI is offering a $2,000,000 reward for information leading directly to the arrest of James J. Bulger.
CONSIDERED ARMED AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS

If you have any information concerning this person, please contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.

Field Office: Boston

August 1999
Poster Revised September 2008

Whitey Bulger?

Wasn't that the caption for Weiner's photo?

Hahahaha! I loved the "walking on beaches with his girlfriend" fugitive info.

one of many murders. she was murdered very cruelly.
Debra Davis disappeared in 1981, when Bulger and Flemmi allegedly lured her to a vacant house in South Boston.
There, Flemmi says Bulger strangled her with his bare hands.

The oldest sibling of the Davis clan — a Boston family destroyed by crime boss Whitey Bulger — told the Herald today she was “ecstatic” to learn her youngster sister’s ruthless killer had been captured.

“I thanked Jesus — he’s finally caught. This is one day I’ll never forget. Never,” said an emotional Eileen Davis, whose 26-year-old sister Debra was strangled to death by Bulger in 1981. “He has to pay for what he did. He’s a very evil man.”

Davis, who lives in Mansfield, was in bed watching the local news before the sun came up today when Bulger’s photo and the word “captured” flashed across the TV screen. She thought she was “seeing things.”

The oldest of 10 siblings — four of whom have died — looked up and said: “Debbie, you and Ma and everyone have a celebration today because we finally got justice. They finally got him.”

Debra Davis was brutally murdered because she had just ended her relationship with her boyfriend and Bulger henchman, Stephen “The Rifleman” Flemmi, and knew too much about the duo’s underworld crimes.

Her body was buried in a shallow grave along the Neponset River and was discovered in 2000.

Eileen Davis admits she had her doubts that the 82-year-old mob monster — who was arrested in California last night and has been on the run for 16 years — would ever be found.

“I thought maybe he was dead,” she said.

Despite his capture, Davis said she doesn’t know if she’ll ever have closure.

“I don’t stop crying. I don’t know what closure is,’’ she said. “It did bring a good lift off my shoulders — just seeing the word ‘captured.’ I’m deliriously happy. I’m thrilled. I couldn’t explain it if I tried.”

She regrets their mother, Olga, wasn’t alive to see this day.

“I wish she was here today. I wish they were all here today,” said Davis, whose sister, Michelle, never recovered from Debra’s death and died from a heroin overdose in 2006.

after bin laden was killed, whitey became the FBI #1 most wanted.

Bulger, nicknamed "Whitey" for his shock of bright platinum hair, grew up in a gritty South Boston housing project, and went on to become Boston's most notorious gangster.

Along with Flemmi, he led the violent Winter Hill Gang, a largely Irish mob that ran loan-sharking, gambling and drug rackets in the Boston area. U.S. Attorney Donald K. Stern said in 2000 that the two were "responsible for a reign of intimidation and murder that spanned 25 years."

Flemmi-->

Am I the only one that's never heard of this guy?

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Nope. I've never heard of him either.
Yep you probably are Duchess, I wish I could find one of these high dollar fugitives, fuckity fuck fuck 2 mil for this guy.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(06-23-2011, 03:22 PM)trixie Wrote: Nope. I've never heard of him either.

You have an excuse, pervs seldom pay attention to any of this shit.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(06-23-2011, 03:06 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Am I the only one that's never heard of this guy?

well not everyone is aware of the FBI 10 most wanted list. whitey was #1.
and a legend up here.

[Image: article-0-0CB0A20B00000578-97_634x448.jpg]

Mock needs the FBI's ten most wanted list posted. Is there a reward for catching EVERY criminal on the list?

I'll go find one, LC. I wasn't implying that you should.
(06-23-2011, 03:36 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'll go find one, LC. I wasn't implying that you should.

i thought i did once before. maybe not here. i'll do it when i get a chance. Smiley_emoticons_smile

here is the site:

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten

QUINCY — The brother of a Massachusetts fisherman allegedly tortured and killed by James "Whitey" Bulger is calling the notorious fugitive a "liar" and "coward."

Christopher McIntyre says Bulger claimed authorities would never take him alive. McIntyre is the younger brother of John McIntyre of Quincy, killed in 1984.

Bulger, who is accused of 19 killings, was arrested Wednesday in California.

McIntyre said Thursday that Bulger "should have stuck a gun in his mouth," adding "he had no problem doing it to other people." Russian

Except for one worth a million bucks, all of the remaining men are only good for a hundred grand reward. Pfft. It's going to take a lot more than that for me to bring someone in.

James “Whitey” Bulger and Catherine Greig in brief appearances Thursday in federal court in downtown Los Angeles waived their right to a hearing on their identity prior to being moved to Boston. They will held without bail.

"Is your true name James J. Bulger?" Magistrate Judge John McDermott asked.

Bulger, wearing glasses and dressed in a white, hooded loose-fitting shirt, said “Yes,” in a calm, matter-of-fact voice.

When the judge asked if he had been advised of the charges against him, Bulger responded: "I got 'em all here, it'll take me quite a while to finish these."

"I know them all anyways," he said.

Bulger, whose mostly bald head was fringed with white hair and had a white mustache and beard, kept his arms folded in front, clutching a thick stack of documents.

Federal public defender Myra Sun, who was appointed to represent Bulger, asked that the judge seal a financial affidavit Bulger filed to be represented by a public defender. The judge granted the request.

the moll

[Image: a38f6f_062411whiteycutout.jpg]

he'll be home in Boston very soon. florida wants a crack at him too. but they'll never get him. he'll be here for good now. :wheelchair:

Los Angeles (CNN) -- More than $800,000 in cash, 30 firearms and fake IDs were found at the Santa Monica, California, apartment of fugitive mobster James "Whitey" Bulger, who will be taken to Boston to face a string of charges, including multiple murders, the FBI said Thursday.

he's home. and the talk of Southie. a lot of the old-timers are in shock and they want their justice for murdered loved ones.
whitey, asked if he could afford a lawyer, said "yeah, if you give me my money back". the Feds want his politician brother to pay the legal bills.

he'll do 20 minutes in prison and then die. end of an era and a legend in Boston for sure.

after a while there will be no more talk of whitey in the South End bars.

[Image: today.jpeg]

Former Massachusetts Senate President William Bulger, the recipient of one of the largest pensions in state history, could see his wallet take as hard a hit as his reputation if prosecutors succeed in forcing him to foot the bill for his accused serial killer brother’s defense.

The elusive William Bulger — once the state’s most powerful lawmaker — finally came out of hiding yesterday and found himself face-to-face with his crime boss older brother, James “Whitey” Bulger, in U.S. District Court. Whitey Bulger’s court-appointed attorney said the South Boston mob kingpin, who reportedly had $800,000 stashed in his Santa Monica, Calif., hideout, was broke and needed taxpayer dollars to fund his defense.

(bottom photo, suit, white hair) HIS BROTHER FORMER SENATE PRESIDENT! ---->

oh hell's bells! i just got a summons for jury duty in Federal District Court in Boston! i could end up on whitey's jury! Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

i was pretty surprised to get it since i am a long drive from Boston. i guess any citizen can get one.

but i'll get out of it, they do not like cops on juries.

i recently got out of State jury duty because of that. 64
but i'm going to have to jump through some hoops.

he's PC in the hole at Plymouth.

James “Whitey” Bulger’s world is now an 8-by-12-foot cell in Unit G, the maximum security section of the Plymouth County Correctional Facility, where inmates are locked up for 23 hours a day.

Built in 1994, the 1,600-inmate hoosegow on Long Pond Road — the largest prison facility under one roof in Massachusetts — houses a mix of county, state and federal prisoners, including accused terrorists and tax cheats.

I always wanted to serve on a jury, been called for federal twice here in NM, both times I was pretty much permanently excused because of the LE background.

I don't think they should be able to ask that question, it's kinda prejudicial.

I have never been called for the state level jury duty.
John Adams