Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are people born evil or made evil
or a combination of both? There was a discussion on another forum and I seem to be the only one who thinks a person can be born evil. Of course a baby has no concept of good or bad, but I think there is something in the genetic makeup that differs from normal people. I think a kid who tortures animals is caused by something much deeper than just their enviroment.
I agree with you, some people are just wired differently. It's the old nature versus nurture argument...
an old dilemma...nature vs. nurture. "the bad seed". if people are born with inherent talents, why not a predisposition to 'evil'?

i see Lumpy and i cross-posted! Smiley_emoticons_razz

I used to think that life circumstances "made" someone evil but, my feelings on that have changed...I know someone who adopted a child as an infant & he has been a problem child almost from the beginning...I'm sorry to say that not only do I not like this kid, I don't trust him, nor do I want him in my home...He was born bad & has never known anything but love & kindness, he's an evil little bastard.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I think that BOTH are true. A serial killer is likely predisposed to it. But on the other hand, a man may steal because he has to to survive. So, yeah, both are true.
Stealing is not evil, it's just unacceptable.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Duchess Wrote:Stealing is not evil, it's just unacceptable.
Well, I agree with you, but that does depend on your PoV Smiley_emoticons_wink
sally Wrote:or a combination of both? There was a discussion on another forum and I seem to be the only one who thinks a person can be born evil. Of course a baby has no concept of good or bad, but I think there is something in the genetic makeup that differs from normal people. I think a kid who tortures animals is caused by something much deeper than just their enviroment.
It's a combination.

Where some people might be born with tendencies which cause them to be predisposed to certain behaviors, it's how the caregivers react to those behaviors, and how that energy is channeled, which determines what that person will be like growing up.

Also relevant, are conditions around the person as they grow up, what types of trauma they encounter, etc and how they cope with these conditions.