Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ANNOUNCEMENT! a cooking forum at Mock~
Mock has evolved! Big surprise

there are those who will be shocked, appalled, even horrified!
oh the angst! the bitching and whining! Nowhy

but even they have to eat. so Mock is creating the SOUP CHICKEN FORUM! YAY! Woo

post your recipes, questions for others, anything culinary! maybe specific threads such as meats, baking, veggies, seafood, whatever you like. Bon Appetit!

[Image: soup_chicken_lg_clr__st.gif]

please note, Duchess will not be allowed in food forum kitchen except to peel potatoes. 28

find it here:

http://mockforums.net/forum-26.html

[Image: chickens.jpg]

<3
I can't wait to read about QueenBee's boring lame-ass attempts at real cooking.
86 112
(10-21-2011, 08:06 AM)Middle Finger Wrote: I can't wait to read about QueenBee's boring lame-ass attempts at real cooking.

meh...just for that I am going to post about a dozen recipes...all in a row. At least 6 of them will involve Craisins. But NO garlic.

Troll
I hope someone posts a SPAM recipe. I am curious if my thirty year old son is the only one in the world who loves SPAM. PS He is a gourmet cook. Go figure.
Done
(07-11-2012, 02:49 PM)WolfHouse Wrote: I hope someone posts a SPAM recipe. I am curious if my thirty year old son is the only one in the world who loves SPAM. PS He is a gourmet cook. Go figure.

I love spam. Spam and Velveeta sandwich. Mmmm.
Lobster Thermidor Aux Crevettes with Mornay Sauce, Truffle Pate, Brandy, Fried Egg and Spam

Ingredients

4 lobster tails
16 jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
4 tablespoons butter
1 small white onion, diced
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon brandy
12 cup heavy cream, scalded
14 cup grated Gruyere cheese
14 cup grated Parmesan cheese
18 teaspoon salt
14 teaspoon black pepper
12 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons bread crumbs
1 12-ounce can Spam Classic
4 eggs
1 can truffle pate (found in gourmet food stores)
1 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil

Directions

Preheat oven to broil.

Place lobster tails into large pot of boiling water. After 3 to 4 minutes, add shrimp. Cook another 3 to 4 minutes until lobster and shrimp are done.

Remove from pot. Drain and rinse under cold water. Using kitchen shears or carefully with a knife, remove but save lobster shells. Cut lobster meat and shrimp coarsely into 1/2-inch pieces.

Heat 4 tablespoons of butter in skillet over medium heat. Add onions and saute about 4 minutes, until translucent. Add flour and stir, cooking for another 1 to 2 minutes.

Whisk in brandy, then hot cream.

Remove from heat and add Gruyere and half the Parmesan cheese, stirring frequently. Add lobster, shrimp, paprika, salt and pepper.

Arrange lobster shells in a casserole dish. Pour lobster shrimp mixture over shells and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Broil on high until golden, 3 to 5 minutes.

While waiting for the dish to broil, slice Spam into 8 pieces. Fry eggs over medium heat, then remove. Fry Spam slices until light brown.

To serve, place each lobster shell on a plate. Top with one or two slices of Spam and then a fried egg. Serve truffle pate on the side.
TRIVIA: which has more calories per sprinkle?

1- SALT
or
2- PEPPER?

No fair looking it up (or pm'ing Duchess for the answer).
My mom had an obese friend named Fern and I remember going to her house one day and seeing her eat a spam and cheese sandwich with mayo dripping out of the side of her mouth. I've never really had a desire to eat spam after that. I didn't even know it came in different flavors, seems like one would be good enough.
Dear immortals, I need some wow gold inspiration to create.
Where is the "Whats for dinner?" thread? Is that in a totally different section! O M GEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

(10-21-2023, 12:30 PM)MirahM Wrote: Where is the "Whats for dinner?" thread? 

TaDa!

https://mockforums.net/thread-8012.html
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
YOU ARE AMAZING! I swear I looked and looked and looked

I've had coffee tonight.

(10-22-2023, 12:57 AM)MirahM Wrote: I've had coffee tonight.

I've had too much sugar and coffee tonight. 2.5 cups. I'm peeing like a racehorse, awaiting the inevitable sugar crash when sweet sweet sleep claims me.
no sugar crash
is happening
here

(10-22-2023, 01:40 AM)MirahM Wrote: no sugar crash
is happening
here

No sugar crash yet, but I've been awake for about 24 hours, time to try and get some sleep.
(10-22-2023, 12:57 AM)MirahM Wrote:  I swear I looked and looked and looked

A spam bot with his ridiculous posting had knocked it to the 2nd page.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]