Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Speaking
I don't like it. I'm fine in front of a small group but stick me in front of a mic...I feel like I'm going to have a stroke.

You?

Maybe I should join Toastmasters. Drinking too much
Commando Cunt Queen
i never had a problem with it. in fact, usually enjoyed it.
i've spoken to a Bar Association meeting and at Police Academy. and a couple other venues.
Soapbox

gave a few eulogies too. 21

Its something you get used to, takes some practice. Toastmasters is a good idea to get your confidence up.
I always enjoyed it as long as I had something to say, few times I just had to wing it.
I envy both of you. I feel like I start yapping like a tard on crack.

I might speak at an event tonight. I'm going to bring notes and hope I don't embarrass myself too much.

I wonder if a Xanax would help or hurt. Maybe a Xanax and a hot bath...Smiley_emoticons_slash
Commando Cunt Queen
relax User, but not too much! hah
i'm sure you'll do well.

(02-15-2012, 08:10 PM)username Wrote: I feel like I start yapping like a tard on crack.

You'll be fine, you possess charm & the ability to laugh at yourself.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I have no problem taking control of meetings or talking in front of people. I used to hate it, now I do it all the time and kind of like it.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I've seen video of myself speaking at conferences. Always feel like I'm on crack for the first minute, then get rolling, and it's much more comfortable. The first minute anxiety was never apparent in the video - all in my head. Bet you'll enjoy it - kinda fun and feels like an accomplishment to face the initial fear. Good luck.
(02-15-2012, 08:33 PM)Maggot Wrote: I have no problem taking control of meetings or talking in front of people. I used to hate it, now I do it all the time and kind of like it.

I don't mind it in a meeting type setting (at all--actually, it's hard to shut me up) but add in a microphone and stick me in front of 100 people or so and I'm a hot mess.
Commando Cunt Queen
(02-15-2012, 08:39 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Always feel like I'm on crack for the first minute, then get rolling, and it's much more comfortable.

This is true. The first minute is the worst.

Commando Cunt Queen
Practice in front of your kids. They will tell you if you are a tard. And don't touch your face or hair.

If you make a joke, laugh yourself in case nobody else does. haha

Good luck!
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Be careful making jokes or funnies, they tend to distract your audience and you lose them. Same thing with euphemisms, they are a distraction and all the people that do not have that one in particular get sidelined and miss the next several words you have for them. just speak naturally and you will be fine
I did pretty well! Better still, I accomplished what I hoped for! Woot!
Commando Cunt Queen
Very cool! Congrats
(02-15-2012, 11:44 PM)username Wrote: I did pretty well! Better still, I accomplished what I hoped for! Woot!

44 Glad you went for it...
You should always start your public speaking with a truthful comment like please don't look at my knees I know they are bumpy.

from that point forward everything you say will be less of a problem and no one will make eye contact with you.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(02-16-2012, 11:22 AM)IMaDick Wrote: You should always start your public speaking with a truthful comment like please don't look at my knees I know they are bumpy.

Pants are a wonderful thing. 86
Commando Cunt Queen
(02-15-2012, 11:44 PM)username Wrote: I did pretty well! Better still, I accomplished what I hoped for! Woot!

I thought about you doing that even when I wasn't in Mock last night. I'm glad it went well.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Politicians can do it best, since you are not one of them, you're gonna do fine and without lying to what you speak on public.
(02-17-2012, 02:41 PM)Nickdaflameperson Wrote: Politicians can do it best, since you are not one of them, you're gonna do fine and without lying to what you speak on public.

I'm thinking Tupperware or Amway.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams