Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Death for Drugs
they are not screwing around.

Daily Mail

Lindsay Sandiford was caught with '4.7kg of drugs in lining of suitcase'
The haul had been hidden under water bottles, according to Bali police
Sandiford, 56, was arrested and agreed to take part in a sting operation

She claimed: 'I carried the drugs because my children were threatened'. (oh sure, it happened at the grocery market.)

Housewife then led police to four other suspects, including a British couple

All five were paraded as a press conference with the smuggled cocaine
Officials told reporters the group was part of a 'big international network'
Maximum sentence for drug trafficking in Indonesia is death by firing squad.

A middle-aged woman was one of four Britons today facing the death penalty after being arrested in Bali for allegedly smuggling £1.6million of cocaine.

Lindsay Sandiford, a 56-year-old housewife from Redcar, was picked up after entering the country from Bangkok with the drugs in the lining of her suitcase, according to police.

Another British woman and her husband, as well as a second British man and an Indian national were arrested later after Sandiford reportedly agreed to set up a sting operation.

She is understood to have taken part in a 'controlled delivery' at an undisclosed location on the paradise island.

Balinese police today paraded all five suspects at two press conferences in the capital city of Denpasar.

Sandiford, who had allegedly been caught with 4.7 kilograms (11 pounds) of cocaine, covered her head and appeared to weep as she sat behind the Class A haul.

She was dressed in a standard-issue orange T-shirt and still wearing her glasses and jewellery.

Customs official Made Wijaya told reporters that Sandiford's innocent demeanor was just an act.

'Despite what you see as a seemingly unassuming appearance, we believe that she has been part of a international narcotics syndicate for a long time,' he said.

'This is a big international network.'.

The package was cut open with a knife during the press conference to reveal white powder.

The other four suspects were 'shown off' separately by police. However, they had their faces covered with balaclavas.

All were dressed in orange prison uniforms while one wore shorts and green flip-flops under his overalls

The married couple, who own a villa in Bali, according to the The Jakarta Post, have only been identified as JAP and RLD.

RLD shouted angrily, 'It's a fit-up', and indicated that the evidence had been planted.

Sandiford was arrested on May 19 at Denpasar airport after arriving on a Thai Airways flight from Bangkok, according to Mr Wijaya.

The drugs were in the lining of her suitcase covered by water bottles. They were found after security staff put the luggage through an x-ray machine.

When Sandiford was interviewed by police she broke down and claimed that her children, who live in the UK, had been threatened and that was the only reason she had agreed to smuggle the drugs.

She subsequently consented to take part in the sting operation and delivered the cocaine to JAP, who was arrested.

If convicted, all five face a maximum penalty of death by firing squad.

Mr Wijaya said that Bali was working hard to stop international smugglers who brought drugs on to the island.

'If this woman, and anyone else who is subsequently charged, is found guilty, the punishment will be the death penalty,' he said.

Bali regularly parades suspected drug smugglers - and their wares - in front of the press in a deliberate effort to shame them.

[Image: article-0-1354C57E000005DC-988_634x927.jpg]

[Image: article-0-13548DCF000005DC-575_634x437.jpg]

[Image: article-2150763-13560BB3000005DC-791_634x468.jpg]

[Image: article-2150763-13560C0F000005DC-510_634x409.jpg]

[Image: article-2150763-13560BBE000005DC-765_634x402.jpg]

[Image: article-0-1354C40C000005DC-134_306x423.jpg]

[Image: article-0-13549103000005DC-139_634x432.jpg]

[Image: article-2150763-07895417000005DC-218_634x436.jpg]

It's like Midnight Express.
When you think about how much damage drugs cause I think the death penalty for trafficking is a good idea.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(05-28-2012, 09:06 AM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: It's like Midnight Express.

they have every right in their country to penalize as they see fit. there are a lot of good reasons for it. crime, death, all the things that go along with hard drugs & smuggling.

more about her:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-Bali.html

Well, it seems demand has gone up dramatically since my brother moved to Bali. No wonder he seems a bit hyper most the time.

But yes, Bali is actually quite funny. Especially looking at its development over the years. First time I was there is about 23 years ago. Kuta was just a wonderful little village with a bit of action here and there. Over the years it has turned into the Mallorca of Australia as well as a huge party hub for that young surfer crowd. I was totally shocked when I returned after many years by the amount of spaced out junkeys all over the place.

Everything freely available and no wonder the Bali boys took such drastic meassures. Good thing is that the island is big enough to still give you the "Island of the God's" feeling instead of that "I AM GOD!!" feeling which is mainly concentrated around Kuta and its wonderfully vibrating nightlife.

I just hope they still got some left over and didn't destroy the whole stash as we're planning to spend 2 weeks there soon.

I shall run thru Ulluwatu while swinging my dullulalu under my sarong and send a sacrifice to the Gods of plenty!
(05-28-2012, 12:15 PM)Mohammed Wrote: I shall run thru Ulluwatu while swinging my dullulalu under my sarong and send a sacrifice to the Gods of plenty!

Hi Mo,

Give that beautiful wife of yours a hug for me.

TIA
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

A hug? Only?

Come on, make it a bit more challenging than that! Like .... "Write my name on her breasts with a purple lipstick and tell her it got a special meaning" sort off.
I reckon if you write I'm a Dick on her boobs in purple lipstick, she'll probably nod and agree.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
I am not convinced that drugs shouldn't be legalized and all the money that was used for the "war on drugs" should be used for education and treatment. It's not drugs but the business of drugs that causes crimes. What if all nonviolent drug offenders that are incarcerated were let out of prison so there would be more room to keep the rapists, murderers, pedophiles, etc in forever.

Amsterdam has drugs legalized but other problems ... addicts on the streets everywhere. no easy answers.

Think if Mexico did it. Those bastard cartels would lose their power overnight
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
[Image: article-2151527-1359A67F000005DC-993_306x488.jpg]

[Image: article-2151527-1359A671000005DC-470_306x488.jpg]

The British woman detained alongside 'suburban smuggler' Lindsay Sandiford for alleged drug trafficking in Bali has been pictured for the first time.

Rachel D, as she has so far only been named, was snapped at an Indonesian police station. Wearing an orange jumpsuit, she looked tired and agitated.

She was arrested, with her husband Julian, after housewife Sandiford reportedly agreed to set up a sting operation following her own arrest for bringing £1.6million of cocaine into the country.

A second British man and an Indian national were also detained.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1wGf1MZaV

[Image: article-2151527-1359C878000005DC-420_634x585.jpg]

Facing the death penalty: Rachel Dougall (left) with her partner Julian Ponder(right) outside the Bali jail where they are being held

Heh. If you look at her shirt quickly it looks like it says RELAXING.

I thought maybe Bali had purchased some surplus Frankie Goes to Hollywood clothing.
[Image: article-2151527-13593531000005DC-16_634x413.jpg]

The couple are likely to be put on death row at Bali's notorious Kerobokan prison if found guilty of smuggling cocaine on to the island.

daily mail

poor kid
A six-year-old girl was left alone in Bali after her parents were arrested over an alleged £1.6million cocaine smuggling operation on the Indonesian island.

Kitty Ponder has been looked after by their maid and gardener since Julian Ponder and Rachel Dougall were detained the day after her birthday.

Mr Ponder,49,and Miss Dougall,38, face death by firing squad if they are convicted of being part of the alleged drugs ring.Their daughter may never see them again if they are taken to the notorious Kerobokan jail to be put on death row.

Unfortunately for the 5 suspects in this case, I doubt that Bali fucks around for 20+ years (like here) waiting to mete out justice.

My guess is, they'll all be taking dirt naps within 6 months.
[Image: article-2153099-13658DDD000005DC-514_634x418.jpg]

[Image: article-2153099-1366376A000005DC-219_634x421.jpg]

[Image: article-2153099-136637EB000005DC-138_634x417.jpg]

Rachel Dougall has not eaten for 5 days and is constantly crying out for her six-year-old daughter Kitty
The 38-year-old's lawyer says she has fallen into a depression

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1wXuctTK6

(05-30-2012, 01:18 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Unfortunately for the 5 suspects in this case, I doubt that Bali fucks around for 20+ years (like here) waiting to mete out justice.

Actually, they do. The Bali nine have been sitting on death row for over 5 years. It took them years to whack Amrosi, dude responsible for the Bali bombings, and he confessed.

I'd bet pinks they aren't dead in 6 months.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
I keep thinking that if all the drugs were legalized the prices would be so low that the dumb asses who use them would all kill themselves with overdoses and then we wouldn't be saddled with overbearing governments who steal our property and liberty in the name of suppressing drugs. We live in an age that the police often wear masks. There seems something very wrong with that.

It wouldn't take many people dying in the streets to serve as an object lesson for young people. I have to belive drugs would go out of style in a few years.

I have a little more sympathy for people who become addicted to drugs than for drug runners who get the death penalty but it's the system that perpetuates this nonsense. The media excuses the drug runners in advance for their murders in this country and being a blackmarket assures high prices and difficulty for addicts to get enough money to kill themselves. No black market and no demand in the history of the world has ever been snuffed out by fiat. The root of the demand is the desire to get high and the root of the problem is that it's illegal. If the problem is eliminated the desire will go away. Some drugs should be highly regulated but this mostly applies to coke and heroin as well as meth. A person should have to sign a waver acknowledging he knows that a single dose might be sufficient to get him hooked and that he will use more and more until it kills him.

I'm confident low prices would make most drugs go completely out of style.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
(06-01-2012, 09:00 AM)crash Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 01:18 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Unfortunately for the 5 suspects in this case, I doubt that Bali fucks around for 20+ years (like here) waiting to mete out justice.

Actually, they do. The Bali nine have been sitting on death row for over 5 years. It took them years to whack Amrosi, dude responsible for the Bali bombings, and he confessed.

I'd bet pinks they aren't dead in 6 months.

Good to know. I figured they'd be like China and as soon as the guilty verdict was read, they'd drive 'em to a field and execute them.

On another note, the 38 year-old mother now depressed and longing for her child makes me sick.

I'm guessing she wasn't too depressed when she was spending all her earnings.

Life's a bitch hon, and then you die.
she sure looks deranged. and of course it was a set-up, they weren't her drugs. it may be a little late to worry about her 6 year old daughter, who has been sent back to England.
we'll see if the Indonesians buy her performance.

-----------------------------------------------------------

[Image: bali1_2237180b.jpg]

UK Telegraph
Rachel Dougall, the 38 year old Brighton woman arrested in Bali on suspicion of drugs trafficking, has spoken of her terror at the prospect of facing the firing squad and fear that she may never see her six year old daughter again.
Speaking to the Daily Telegraph through the barred window of her hospital wing cell, she cut a tragic unkempt figure, weeping and tearing at her hair as she protested her innocence. She claimed she had been "set up" by Lindsay Sandiford, the 55 year old Redcar woman caught last month at Bali's airport with cocaine worth £1.6 million in her suitcase.

Miss Dougall said she had been making last minute preparations for her daughter's birthday party when Indonesian detectives arrived to search their home with her distressed partner Julian Ponder, 43, and his friend Paul Beales, a British property developer.

They were all arrested on Friday last week, along with her Indian friend Nandagopal Akkinemi. Police found two packets of Marlboro cigarettes containing cocaine in Miss Dougall's house – one in her handbag in her daughter's bedroom.

Since then she has been held in a dirty cell at Denpasar's police headquarters, terrified over what will happen to her and her daughter. When asked about he possibility of facing execution she said: "They are talking about things which I cannot even imagine."

She said she has suffered from hallucinations since her arrest, and has not slept or eaten for several days.

Miss Dougall was dragged kicking and screaming "I'm not sick, I'm not a criminal" to the hospital wing yesterday according to onlookers.

Her hospital cell is small and dark with only a plastic covered mattress and a stained plastic covered pillow. She has asked her lawyer to bring baby wipes because the bathroom is too "rank"to use.

Yesterday she was wearing the same white T-shirt and black footless tights she was wearing when she was arrested last week and her hand was bandaged with a drip tube attached.

[Image: article-2152434-135EB5C7000005DC-837_634x821.jpg]

Six-year-old Kitty Ponder standing with her family's maid Dayu Ariani and her gardening husband Ketut Suranchan

I have maximum sympathy for her poor little kid but I have zero sympathy for her. She knew what the penalties were before going ahead and committing the offence, zero sympathy.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
HAR HAR HAR HAR 9228115

[Image: article-2156923-1387CB83000005DC-361_634x435.jpg]

[Image: article-2156923-1387CB03000005DC-758_306x423.jpg]

DAILY MAIL
‘I could get the death penalty,’ she whispers, grabbing my arm. ‘I am so frightened. I could die here.’

So far, she says, she has already been tied to a chair for two days and had a pistol held to her head.

Held in solitary confinement in a windowless cell, she sleeps on a reed mat. ‘It’s stifling – like being in a steam room 24/7.’

Her interview with The Mail on Sunday took place in an office at the police station’s jail. As she walked down a corridor to meet us, she looked fixedly at the ground, her arms folded.

Fidgety and clearly traumatized, she was also exhausted. This, she says, is because the guards had kept her awake by turning on the lights in her cell every 30 minutes. (so she doesn't off herself)

Mrs Sandiford said she agreed to take the suitcase to Bali because her youngest son, Elliot, 21, was being threatened by a drugs gang.

‘I knew what they were asking me to do was something dodgy,’ she says. ‘They weren’t asking me to bring in tulips or balls of cheese but I didn’t know if it was money, gold, jewelery, guns, marijuana or heroin. I had no idea.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1xLuB09oX