Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your sig on emails?
I have this one client that always signes her emails Regards, Client.
For some reason it annoys me. No one says Regards anymore.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
"Explicitly yours" is so much more appropriate than "Regards" I see your point Ramsey
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(06-14-2012, 04:20 PM)IMaDick Wrote: "Explicitly yours" is so much more appropriate than "Regards" I see your point Ramsey

You sign your emails Explicitly Yours??? You might want to change that to Thanks or something more normal.

I don't sign them. hah

Personal/work snail mail correspondence is signed but I don't sign my emails. They already know it's me from my email address.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-14-2012, 04:32 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I don't sign them. hah

Personal/work snail mail correspondence is signed but I don't sign my emails. They already know it's me from my email address.

You don't sign them at all? You don't put
Thanks,
Duchess

???
you just end your last sentence and send?
(06-14-2012, 04:38 PM)ramseycat Wrote: you just end your last sentence and send?

I don't work in a traditional office atmosphere. There are no office memos or anything of that nature. Most of my work is done from home & chances are if I'm emailing something I've already spoken directly to that person and they are aware something is incoming. I might make a personal comment in closing but no, I never sign it Duchess. I've never thought anything of it & no one has ever mentioned it, they know it's me, my name is right there in my address.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Thank You
Maggot
s/m shop
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I have seen this more than once after a signature in an email:

"Be the change you wish to see in the world. ~ Rev. Martin Luther King Jr."

Always makes me laugh because Ghandi said it. People are stupid.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Our PTA president has some smarmy quote about children in his sig line. I think he's a pedophile; he gives me the creeps.
Commando Cunt Queen
If it is a personal email, I most often do not sign it, unless it is to someone I have not written to in a while.
If it is business, I will just sign my first and last name. With a phone number and address if appropriate to the letter.
Sigs piss me off.

wtf happened to my av?
(06-14-2012, 07:50 PM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: Sigs piss me off.

wtf happened to my av?

Me too! The_Villagers
If yours states, "Sent from my iPhone" (or, worse: "Sent from my iPad") then, goodness sakes, I don't even want to know you.
I get work emails from two people with the signature line, "Have a blessed day!". I figure it's a good wish; could go either way...
I get faxes with stuff like "keep your chin up" and " Drive safe" handwritten on it. Sometimes there is a little smiley face drawing. I feel they deserve a "grunt" so I do.
A common sign off for me, is "keep it real, peace out (then my name)"