Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Tool Thread
What sort of tool/tools do you carry, have in the car, drawer in the kitchen/can't live without?

Because of my job I usually have a pretty complete selection of tools in close proximity. I'm never without a knife.

Allegedly it has been rumored that someone said they know somebody who can neither confirm nor deny that I have a pistol with me in certain select parts of town and on certain days. BUT that would be illegal in California without the impossible to obtain Unicorn AKA a CCW permit.

Other things I like to have close - Gorilla brand duct tape, zip ties and 550 paracord.

What's your thing?
Around the house: electric drill and assorted bits, Gorilla glue
Oustide the house: pocket knife with bottle opener and mini flashlight
(07-03-2012, 05:00 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Around the house: electric drill and assorted bits, Gorilla glue
Oustide the house: pocket knife with bottle opener and mini flashlight

Gorilla glue! Yep.

Those folks at Gorilla have sticky down.
I have a butter knife for a screwdriver, and a shoe for a hammer.
I've used a screwdiver as a knife and a hammer on my boot.
(07-03-2012, 05:13 PM)Riotgear Wrote: I've used a screwdiver as a knife and a hammer on my boot.

I screwed a knife-wielding driver and got hammered with him to boot.

Don't judge, Donovan. I was of age and I had my own booze in a flask. All on the up and up.
(07-03-2012, 05:13 PM)Riotgear Wrote: I've used a screwdiver as a knife and a hammer on my boot.

hah

I think I've done that too.
I do have all the required tools a girl needs to get by.
Including some 8" drill bits?
Technically, a vagina isn't a tool.

Wait, no that's not right.
(07-03-2012, 05:17 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

Trying to rape up my tool thread?
(07-03-2012, 05:20 PM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: Including some 8" drill bits?

Absolutely!
(07-03-2012, 05:23 PM)Riotgear Wrote:
(07-03-2012, 05:17 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

Trying to rape up my tool thread?

Nah, not my style, just word play. Only a total tool would blast somebody's thread with talk of whores and hookers and such.
I know right?

I'll have to remember not to tool up your rape thread.
Appreciated.

Wrench. Another tool I use often around the house.
Crescent type? (the one you roll open or closed with your thumb)
(07-03-2012, 05:41 PM)Riotgear Wrote: Crescent type? (the one you roll open or closed with your thumb)

Yep. My dad had a woodshop in the garage and the man could fix anything. He always gave me tools for holidays and birthdays. I have a pretty nice set in my garage. My sisters were all married, so he said they already had their own tools. They've all divorced since he died, so they'd probably agree now.

I have about 30 of those cheap allen wrenches that come with do-it-yourself kits. Don't know why I don't toss 'em.
(07-03-2012, 05:10 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I have a butter knife for a screwdriver, and a shoe for a hammer.

hahahha before I was married that was my tool collection.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Nothing sexier than a hot guy with levi's and a tool belt.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I used to be a tool snob. Now I use whatever works for the moment. Which you can read as meaning I can't afford a garage full of Snap-On. I used to leave my dad's tools in the yard. Now he doesn't give mine back. Full circle I guess.
(07-03-2012, 06:03 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Nothing sexier than a hot guy with levi's and a tool belt.

Knowing your history with strange men on the internet, it's likely you'll come home from work to find Ma in your bedroom wearing a tool belt minus the levi's.