Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skin and Bone: Human parts trade
Quote:The business of recycling dead humans into medical implants is a little-known yet lucrative trade. The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) discovered allegations of wrongdoing over the procurement of some of the raw materials used in the products. Find out more: www.icij.org/tissue.

Pretty morbid business. There needs to be a standard set for tracking of where donations come from that includes appropriate medical testing. Also, Ukraine sucks. Hostel is real. Fuck that.

What the fuck? I'm not clicking any link cuz I don't know you from adam, but this shit is disgusting. Fuckin a man.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
You're cute. Do you adorn your bed with stuffed animals?

If one lives in the good ol' U S of A I doubt that's something you have to worry about. Just stick your head in the sand like I do and it won't bother you.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
What's to bother? It's a medical advancement.

If it had better standards and was more known about, it could change many, many lives (for the better). All the market/industry is missing is rules and regulations, an association perhaps that keeps facilities in order.

There's dead & then there's dead, Jibbles. You can't harvest a corpse.
I'm sorry, I don't follow.

Using organ and tissue donations from fresh corpses to heal and repair living people seems like an amazing advancement to me. The families and/or individual (will) make the decision of whether or not they donate. It's not as if every corpse is being gutted and redistributed.

The standard is to keep people alive until they are harvested.

I don't know enough about this to have an informed discussion so I'll just back out of this thread for now.
They're not killing people to harvest tissue and organs (although some may have been murdered for this cause, it's not sufficient enough to discard the entire industry).

The standard is to use donations from the deceased to keep people alive and healthy. If an individual happens to become deceased and chooses to donate their corpse for others to benefit from, why say no?

The video is a nice intro into the subject. I'm no expert on the matter, but so far it seems like a good investment.

And for some reason my youtube link in the first post isn't working, I'll try again.