Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Nietzsche guy
I wanna start this, but I don't find the paragraph I want to cite, at least not in English. 'Gear (or anyone else with the book at hand/or a better 'net source), help me out with the quotation please?
It's from "human, all too human", from the seventh part, "from the future of marriage" (242 in my version). Starts with something like "all those noble, free-spirited women... "

I always thought this passage was intriguing in the lights of the misogyny that people always attribute to him. I would like to check my interpration of it against those of whoever is interested to participate in here.

Other than that - feel free to add whatever you want. Unless it is a joke about The Dude (yes, sally, I am looking at you. Sternly so) Wasnme
Closest I could come up with:

Oh, oh, oh, come fill my glass up a little more
We 'bout to get up, and burn this floor
You know we getting hotter, and hotter
Sexy and hotter, let's shut it down

Yo, what I gotta do to show these girls that I own them
Some call me nicki, and some call me roman
Skeeza, pleeza, I'm in Ibiza.
Giuseppe Zannotti my own sneaker
Sexy, sexy that's all I do
If you need a bad bitch
Let me call a few
Pumps on and them little mini skirts is out
I see some good girls, I'mma turn 'em out
Ok bottle, sip, bottle, guzzle
I'm a bad bitch, no muzzle, hey?
Bottle, sip, bottle, guzzle
I'm a bad bitch, no muzzle, let's go.

Music, makes me, high

Pound the alarm!
Pound the alarm!

I wanna do it for the night, night
So get me now, and knock this over
I wanna do it like you like, like
Come get me, baby we're not getting younger
I just want you tonight, night
Baby we won't do it for life

Music, makes me, high

Pound the alarm!
Pound the alarm!
Pound the alarm!

We 'bout to get hot, and burn this floor

Pound the alarm!
Pound the alarm!
THAT'S EXACTLY IT!! Damn, you're good!
[Image: hugsbison.png]
The perfect woman. The perfect woman is a higher type of
human than the perfect man, and also something much
more rare.

The natural science of animals offers a means to
demonstrate the probability of this tenet.

Friendship and marriage. The best friend will probably get
the best wife, because a good marriage is based on a talent
for friendship.

Parents live on. Unresolved dissonances in the relation of
the character and disposition of the parents continue to
reverberate in the nature of the child, and constitute his
inner sufferings.

From the mother. Everyone carries within him an image of
woman that he gets from his mother; that determines
whether he will honor women in general, or despise them,
or be generally indifferent to them.
The only thing I'm concerned with is that RG doesn't cut anyones johnson off.
Hey Sal, I know - Why don't you tell me again about how Nietzsche was a nihilist. Better yet, why don't you tell me what you think a nihilist is -
sally Wrote:Geez with you fucking trolls. I don't get this shit, I don't get it at all. Who goes around quoting deceased football players like Ray Neitzsche? It's like an episode of Jersey Shore if it was on PBS and had, you know, intelligent not-brain-damaged people on it and stuff. I need to go find more disabled people for my avatar.
Well okay she didn't actually, I beat her to it so she doesn't hurt herself trying to spell Nietzsche.

Gear's example, as always, is thorough and accurate. Guy knew what he was talking about on a number of levels. Then there's this gem:
that Nietzsche dude Wrote:“When entering into a marriage one ought to ask oneself: do you believe you are going to enjoy talking with this woman up into your old age? Everything else in marriage is transitory, but most of the time you are together will be devoted to conversation.”
I hate my mother.
She made you eat your vegetables too?

(Better than dating them. . .)
I am dispassionate about my family. I forget to think about them most of the time.
My family accuses me of me dispassionate and lethargic, but honestly, I don't care nor do I have the energy to find out if they're right.
(08-02-2012, 11:02 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: She made you eat your vegetables too?

(Better than dating them. . .)

Among other things. Of course my hate for her pales in comparison to her hate for me.

So I guess it all evens out.
Deep thoughts. They're everywhere. Kahlil Gibran...

On love...

But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.

Henry David: The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
(08-02-2012, 10:53 PM)Donovan Wrote:
sally Wrote:Geez with you fucking trolls. I don't get this shit, I don't get it at all. Who goes around quoting deceased football players like Ray Neitzsche? It's like an episode of Jersey Shore if it was on PBS and had, you know, intelligent not-brain-damaged people on it and stuff. I need to go find more disabled people for my avatar.
Well okay she didn't actually, I beat her to it so she doesn't hurt herself trying to spell Nietzsche.

Apparently I hit a nerve with that comment about the troll forum being filled with idiots and now you want to prove that you're really smart goddamnit. I don't blame ya, I don't blame you at all.

Had you and RG spent less time studying philosophy and more time on something useful you might own your own homes by now. But there is still time, you guys are only in your mid 40's.
I tried to whore myself out as a teenager for drinks but apparently that only works for chicks. Step back in line, breeding cow, people who read are talking.
(08-02-2012, 10:37 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: [Image: hugsbison.png]

I love that Sentiment
(08-02-2012, 11:41 PM)Donovan Wrote: I tried to whore myself out as a teenager for drinks but apparently that only works for chicks. Step back in line, breeding cow, people who read are talking.

When you go to bed tonight alone and jerking off while crying yourself to sleep in your crappy rental unit, just think of me and Nietzsche quotes and all will be right with the world.

Goodnight, Donovan.
Smiley_emoticons_wink
(08-02-2012, 11:22 PM)username Wrote: Deep thoughts. They're everywhere. Kahlil Gibran...

On love...

But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.

Henry David: The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.

David was misquoted. What he said was "The mass of men lead lives of quiet masturbation."