Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
So what's something you want to do eventually?
My wife and I are planning to learn to speak Italian. Someday. We'll probably get started when I'm comfortable blowing $400 some odd dollars on Rosetta Stone.

Got plans you want to share?
Big celebration coming up next week as I mark the one year anniversary of switching from milk to cream in my coffee.

A few of us are gathering at Starbucks (in Vista, next to the courthouse- starting at 8:00 RG Thursday, should you want to join us).
Me and a bunch of cops eh? Should I leave my bag of weed and concealed handgun back at the house?
Now why would you assume my friends are all cops?
Thin blue line and all that.
I need to write. Not dicking around on message boards or amusing friends with anecdotes but an honest to god chunk of paper,ink and faux-leather with my name on it. Then I'll send you all copies of whatever it is as my first captive audience.

Gear, an aside: is OBk your blood bro?
Nah. In spirit only. Brothers in the Lord.
Like Donovan, i've thought about writing for years. if i didn't spend all my time on this computer i would have written 'War and Peace' by now!
i know i have a few (non-fiction) books in me. it's a matter of settling in to do it.

[Image: bookshelf-1.jpg]

I write; not sure where it's coming from most of the time. I almost always write in first person naturally, even though almost everything I write is based upon observation of others. I don't want to rape anybody else's experience, but can't deny having witnessed and absorbed it.

I joined Mock because LC had the best info on a case that I was following at the time. I ventured outside of the cell block forum because of a debate thread between Cracker and Dick; evolutionism vs. creationism. Good smart shit (and funny as hell too).

So, here's a poem that I alluded to several months ago in a thread with both Dick and Cracker. I sure as hell hope that they care more about the rest of you than to make me post more of this kinda bullshit before they return. Yeah, I'm pulling the "guilt trip" card. Dick and Cracker are worth it, imo

Dear Structured Religions,
You tell me to believe in what I cannot see
That having faith in you will truly set me free
That worship of your icons will heal my scorching loss
That I should blindly place my faith in the shelter of your cross

You tell me to believe your verse, and discount all the rest
To judge your non-believers with camouflaged detest
To lead them by example, so they might some day see the light
To smile at their ignorance, knowing that I’m right

You ask me to kneel before you, each and every sabbath day
From the sanctity of your pulpit, you beckon my to pray
You pass around your basket, better to give than to receive
You command that I pay for the privilege of having something to believe

You tell me that you love me, to place my spirit within your care
You promise to listen closely to the pleading of my prayer
You say that you forgive me for all the sinful pleasures I embrace
Then you swear that all sinners burn in hell – as the smile engulfs your face

You seduce the indecisive, sell them a chartered a mission
No longer do they need to choose or trust their intuition
Nothing remains to be decided, it’s long since been determined
Simply follow all the sacred rules and listen to the sermon

You say that your chosen one once died for us, and for that we must obey
Be your loyal servants and live our lives your way
Read our thick black rule books and do as we are told
Discard all rhyme and reason for the prophecies you hold

My brothers and sisters around the world are killing in your name
Raping, shooting, stabbing those whose beliefs are not the same
Righteously vowing to uphold your truth any way you shalt command
One dissident with a severed tongue, another less one hand

I see the lifeless people peering through their curtained glass cells
So alone in a world of masses, trapped in highly mortgaged jails
Each night before they close their eyes, they beg with heart and soul
“Dear God, please hear my cry this time, won’t you make me whole?”

Dear Structured Religion, please understand, I’m not a faithless being
It’s just your deep hypocrisy from which I can’t help fleeing
For those who embrace the best of you and make their lives much deeper
I smile with envy and offer flowers; I hope like hell to meet your reaper...

Dick and Cracker:
You are sorely missed, you brilliant crazy motherfuckers.. 44
In September i start a drug counseling course, I' like to try help people who suffer from many of the habits i have had.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

I want to design & build custom homes.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I want to learn sign language. I know universal scuba diving hand signs, but I'd love to learn to communicate effectively with those who have hearing and speach impediments.
Funny relate to last night's bad party: at one point the delta bravo who got wayyyy too drunk and pissed off the entire room was standing with his back to me telling some unfunny joke at the top of his lungs involving his g/f's tits (she was right there with that "kill me now" look) and I felt my annoyance boiling over so I spelled out DICK in sign language purely for my own amusement. However, some partygoer I didn't know burst out laughing, turns out she was a teacher at our deaf college. So we spent the next halfhour talking shop about deaf folks and I had to explain to my g/f what was so damn funny.
I used to want to write...had some good short fiction come out of me in the past. Not sure I can restart my muse. I may just need to be content to write what LC and Donovan write. I am sure it will be good.
Fuck ESAD.

hah
Commando Cunt Queen
(08-05-2012, 03:17 PM)username Wrote: Fuck ESAD

I'm coming to CA in december.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

I want to conquer my fear and learn to fly an airplane. And then own one.
(08-05-2012, 06:21 PM)krystalshores Wrote: I want to conquer my fear and learn to fly an airplane. And then own one.

That's cool. I had the same idea about skydiving. I went and did it. Turns out it reinforces rather than conquers that particular fear. Fun though.
(08-05-2012, 02:10 AM)Donovan Wrote: I need to write. Not dicking around on message boards or amusing friends with anecdotes but an honest to god chunk of paper,ink and faux-leather with my name on it. Then I'll send you all copies of whatever it is as my first captive audience.

Gear, an aside: is OBk your blood bro?

I hope you go for it Donovan. You are a great writer and I think you could do it!
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
(08-10-2012, 03:34 PM)pspence Wrote: I hope you go for it Donovan. You are a great writer and I think you could do it!

Donovan couldn't write fortunes for bubblegum, for chrissake.

Would you stop being so damn nice, ps? Your sweetness is making my teeth hurt.