Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ORGAN DONATION

Does your drivers license say you're willing to be an organ donor?

Would you sign the papers for a loved one to donate their organs after they just died?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(08-06-2012, 12:40 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Does your drivers license say you're willing to be an organ donor?

No, and I have expressed my refusal to anybody who would have the right to decide that when I can't say so myself.

Quote:Would you sign the papers for a loved one to donate their organs after they just died?

Only if I knew for certain that it is what they wanted.
Yes and Yes
Yes and yes
No and no.
No and no.
yes and yes.
No and maybe. I doubt by the time I die my organs would be useful to anyone. Heaven forbid something would happen to one of my kids where i had to make that decision but I'd cross that road when I came to it. Don't know.
Commando Cunt Queen
Being an atheist makes those answers easy.

Yes, it's on my license and yes, as I would sincerely hope others would do for my loved ones, I'd gladly offer help to them.
HolyshitIagreewithSally.
^
I bet, deep down inside, you truly and honestly don't.
Yeah. Truth be told I do think she should give up her meat parts.
Yes and yes. If any of my organs can be used to save another life, then by all means.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
Yes and maybe. I could not for my kids. I just couldnt.
What if I die with only one kidney and it matches a 60 old woman and a 16 year old girl who both have equally good chances of survival? How do they determine who gets my kidney and can I give first dibs to the pediatric patients?
(08-07-2012, 11:08 AM)sally Wrote: What if I die with only one kidney and it matches a 60 old woman and a 16 year old girl who both have equally good chances of survival? How do they determine who gets my kidney and can I give first dibs to the pediatric patients?

Given you've given both an equal chance at survival it would probably go to the one that was next on the list.

Your kidney wouldn't be suitable for a small child because of the size, it needs to be compatible in that aspect as well.
(08-07-2012, 11:18 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 11:08 AM)sally Wrote: What if I die with only one kidney and it matches a 60 old woman and a 16 year old girl who both have equally good chances of survival? How do they determine who gets my kidney and can I give first dibs to the pediatric patients?

Given you've given both an equal chance at survival it would probably go to the one that was next on the list.

Your kidney wouldn't be suitable for a small child because of the size, it needs to be compatible in that aspect as well.

I looked that up and they actually can use an adult kidney and many other organs for children and even infants. If I were going to donate my organs I'd prefer children to have first priority.

Here's a link. Don't worry it's safe hah.

http://news.nurse.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...6608140372
Yes..I am a registered organ doner. Figure, when I am done with them, may as well pass them on. I am all for recycling shit.
And yes, I would definatly sign up for my husband to use his. I know he is OK with that.
(08-07-2012, 11:34 AM)sally Wrote: I looked that up and they actually can use an adult kidney and many other organs for children and even infants. If I were going to donate my organs I'd prefer children to have first priority.

You taught me something today. I've always thought it had to be body size compatible.
"OH MY GOD WHATS WITH THAT BABY'S GIANT KIDNEY?!?!"

"Calm down. It's a donor"

"Phew"