Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IS THIS LICENSE PLATE OBSCENE?

The Santa Fe Motor Vehicle Division thinks it is, but one man in New Mexico is fighting the department with a little thing called the US Constitution.

[Image: s-IB6UB9-LICENSE-PLATE-large.jpg]

Story
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It is NOT obscene. If the plate were obscene then the newscaster could not recite its contents letter for letter and number for number or display it clearly in the story without the FCC citing the station for a violation. The fine state of New Mexico is wrong and should spend their resources in more constructive pursuits. I have a friend whose plate is "Hard 6" and it has never garnered any unwanted attention from the state of NJ.
Idiotic. Even if everyone who reads it immediately recognized the sexual implication (I didn't, and I have a rather dirty mind), it's still so harmless the most extreme reaction it should illicit is a chuckle.
I find that plate highly offensive. I'm with the dmv on this one.
It does say "land of enchantment".

I think the BMV is within its rights squelching this one. I'm not offended but many would be and I wouldn't want anyone I care about to be seen in such a car.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
I see no hidden birthday wish.

Should be alright.
hah
(08-29-2012, 05:02 PM)Duchess Wrote:

The Santa Fe Motor Vehicle Division thinks it is, but one man in New Mexico is fighting the department with a little thing called the US Constitution.

[Image: s-IB6UB9-LICENSE-PLATE-large.jpg]

Story

that's just silly...the average person wouldn't even pay any attention to it or even get it.
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
I didn't get it at first either. It wouldn't bother me but my kids and I area always trying to figure out what vanity plates mean. I guess they are old enough now to figure out 69. But when they were younger I wouldn't have liked having to explain it. I probably would have said it meant their ages. ahahaaa
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Ha! That cracks me up! I saw one the other day that said "KNGSHT" I don't know how he got away with it. I don't know if its obscene. Maybe inappropriate but I see no reason why he can't have it. Its funny!
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
I'll tell you what's obscene - People trying to tell me shit with a clever message stamped into a metal plate screwed to the back of their car. Where's my opportunity for rebuttal is what I want to know.

"THIS IS WHAT I THINK AND YOU CAN SAY ANYTHING NEENER NEENER LOL LATER FUCKER!!"
Only vain people have vanity plates.
Commando Cunt Queen
I, personally, think that everyone should have to show their mobile phone # on the rear of their cars. It would make life just that much more fun.
I hate when I can't figure out what a person's vanity plate is saying.
If people don't know what it says, it ruins the whole point of having a vanity plate. j/s

It would take two hands but no more to count the number of people I've given my cell phone number to. When I'm asked, "do you have a mobile number" I answer yes and leave it at that. hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The latest thing here is we have to get everyone's email addy. It's a BIG deal. Something they track and send us reports on how many files we didn't get it on or if it wasn't usable or whatever. The company sends out surveys via email on how our service is. We all think it's ridiculous. People don't want their email spammed with surverys and shit. A lot of people say no, you can't have my email. LOL

And cell phones? For awhile they wanted us to text people to make initial contact on new files if we couldn't reach them by phone. People bitched up a storm about that. They do NOT want to receive text messages from their insurance company.

Is nothing sacred anymore? Do we have to put our personal stats out there for everyone to see? Our license plate should have our address, phone number, age, rank, serial number, and a number to report to if our driving is bad. ahahaaa yea, no.
(08-30-2012, 02:59 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It would take two hands but no more to count the number of people I've given my cell phone number to. When I'm asked, "do you have a mobile number" I answer yes and leave it at that. hah

heh, I'm using the cell phone same way as a throw-away E-mail address. Since I have a prepaid sim-card, I can just disable it anytime, and it's not like ppl can track me and get my address details from it.
My landline, though, is a whole 'nother story.

(08-30-2012, 03:05 PM)ramseycat Wrote: The latest thing here is we have to get everyone's email addy. It's a BIG deal. Something they track and send us reports on how many files we didn't get it on or if it wasn't usable or whatever. The company sends out surveys via email on how our service is. We all think it's ridiculous. People don't want their email spammed with surverys and shit. A lot of people say no, you can't have my email. LOL

And cell phones? For awhile they wanted us to text people to make initial contact on new files if we couldn't reach them by phone. People bitched up a storm about that. They do NOT want to receive text messages from their insurance company.

Is nothing sacred anymore? Do we have to put our personal stats out there for everyone to see? Our license plate should have our address, phone number, age, rank, serial number, and a number to report to if our driving is bad. ahahaaa yea, no.

I don't give my E-mail address to corporations if I can avoid it, and in cases I can't, I use an account that is separated from my private stuff. And unsolicited texts from companies? Big no-go. I can get very, very stern when they don't stop after the first one Smiley_emoticons_wink
I Heard somewhere that a city has banned balls hanging from trucks/vehicles. I am not sure if it is true.
"Truck nuts," fake bull testicles made of plastic or metal that drivers hang on the back of their pickups to make a truck look more manly, have been around for years. Some find them funny, while others find them offensive, prompting at least three states to try to ban them -- unsuccessfully.

But a recent case in South Carolina is fueling debate over whether these ornaments violate a state's indecency laws and if attempting to regulate them infringes on freedom of speech.

On July 5, Virginia Tice, 65, from Bonneau, S.C. pulled her pickup truck into a local gas station with red, fake testicles dangling from the trailer hitch. The town's police chief, Franco Fuda, pulled up and asked her to remove the plastic testicles.

When she refused, he wrote her a $445 ticket saying that she violated South Carolina’s obscene bumper sticker law.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/02/han...z256QUGjpM

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/02/han...ch-debate/

“We concur with the sentiments of people in our community and across the nation that this whole thing is a big waste of time, but it was all started by Chief Fuda,” says Bischoff.

The case goes to trial next month.
We see truck nuts around here once in a while. My kids always laugh. I think they are hideous. It's usually some ugly fat guy with a nasty truck that has them too. Freakin rednecks.