Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
EXTEME CHEAPSKATE
Oh. My. God. This is a show on TLC about super super cheap people. It's beyond foul. One lady cuts little squares of fabic and the family uses it for toilet paper and she washes them and they reuse them. They are all stained up and nasty. She buys expired food and feeds it to her family. Another dude takes home other people's leftovers from restaurants. Another dude only flushes the toilet once a week. They reuse paper towels. One guy gets food for his family dumpster diving. He also gets free ketchup packets from fast food places and squeezes them all into a ketchup bottle. It's gross. His hands are all filthy while he's doing this. He says he saves $70 a year on ketchup. How much ketchup does this guy use?? I might buy three or four bottles a year.

These people are beyond foul.

Thoughts?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Yeah, and they are making a whole series from it. I did see that original episode last year.
I think they need to so SOME kind of Extreme wierdo show because I think the Extreme Couponers has finally fizzled out..when people realized that much of that show was contrives, that people spent a batch of money buying stacks of newspapers and coupon inserts..just to have a gazillion rolls of paper towels. No one needs a whole room of paper products.
Some were caught using coupons in the wrong ways (for the wrong product) and getting away with it for the show.
OK..WTF are these hyperlinks suddenly appearing. money. home insurance
This is the first I have seen these.
Well..at least in the original post and my response. Are we suddenly becoming ad based?
I don't have any hyperlinks.
OK..in your first post, the word home and the word insurance in your sig are highlighted in dark blue, and link to Amazon sited. The word money in my first post hyperlinks to Amazon. Wonder if MY computer is fritzing out
Hmm weird.
I saw this show advertized on TLC, guess they need something to replace Honey boo boo.... hehe

Honestly I don't know if I could actually sit there and watch it, I have a feeling watching some dumpster dive and feed it to their family and the fabric for tp might make me heave.

$70 per year on ketchup is insane, I admit, i use ketchup a lot, on my mash potatoes, peas, cottage pie etc but I still maybe only buy 6 bottles per year, max $40 year on it.

ETA: I don't see any hyperlinks in any of the posts Smiley_emoticons_wink
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

You sure they aren't cast? We have a few reality shows like that over here, but they are all fake.

Nope, no hyperlinks for me, either Smiley_emoticons_smile
I have never watched the show and probably won't. I read about it online. It's foul and I have no interest in watching people live in squalor. Which is why I can't watch hoarders.
(10-17-2012, 01:18 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Thoughts?

Deal breaker.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
My husband is a cheapskate. Not like those disgusting people, but if he sees me using too many paper towels or throwing out leftover food I have to listen to him bitch about it. He'd have a heart attack if he knew that I suck up pennies off the floor with the vacuum cleaner.
(10-17-2012, 01:29 PM)QueenBee Wrote: OK..in your first post, the word home and the word insurance in your sig are highlighted in dark blue, and link to Amazon sited. The word money in my first post hyperlinks to Amazon. Wonder if MY computer is fritzing out

I've had that happen before. It's annoying as hell and I don't know what causes it or how I've gotten rid of it but it's definitely your computer. You could try just rebooting or clearing your browsing history, cookies etc. A virus scan might help too.
I'm not watching that. Its one thing to be thrifty, its another to be miserly. I don't condone excessive waste but if something is expired, its getting thrown away, whether its open or not. I often wonder if there's something wrong with people like this. The chefs brother is cheap to the point of miserly. When we go over there for parties, we have to bring our own food to cook and eat, our own beverages and dishes and cutlery. Then we all sit around in their sweltering or freezing house (because using the air or heat isn't "necessary") with one 40 watt lightbulb burning. Hes got the water heater turned down so low its only warm water at best. Its a little ridiculous.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.

You're a better person than I am. I'm not going to anyone's home to party (you can't call it that, Lucy) where I have to bring my own cutlery.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-17-2012, 04:05 PM)Duchess Wrote:

You're a better person than I am. I'm not going to anyone's home to party (you can't call it that, Lucy) where I have to bring my own cutlery.

Agreed. JFC that is beyond absurd. I would tell that dude to loosen up the purse strings or don't throw a party.
I WILL go down for a dime.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I never go anymore, I can cook, eat and drink with my own cutlery in my own climate controlled home lit up with 75 watt lightbulbs. I have never in my life one single time ever thrown a party where guests are expected to provide their own dishes snd cutlery. Bring a dish to pass, maybe yes. But beverages, dishes, cutlery, at least some food, i always provide. One time we had to take our own grill. His whole family is like that. As a result, I attend very few of his families functions. Not only is the whole idea ridiculous, its a pain in the ass to pack up your dinner and dishes to go eat at someone elses house.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
^^^^^
That's just weird....
Too cheap for an 'R' even it would seem...fucking dolt.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(10-18-2012, 12:24 AM)crash Wrote: Too cheap for an 'R' even it would seem...fucking dolt.

hah Give me an "R" Vanna..........
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.