Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AN EYE FOR AN EYE

Do you believe in that philosophy?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
No. I believe in karma.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I think that I'm a hypocrite about it.

Sometimes I really want to see people get exactly what they've dished out (legal or not), especially when it comes to violent crime against others.

In my personal life, I don't know if I've ever tried to exact revenge or even the score on those rare occasions where I've felt wronged. I typically just leave garbage at the curb and move on.
(01-06-2013, 12:16 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: In my personal life, I don't know if I've ever tried to exact revenge or even the score on those rare occasions where I've felt wronged. I typically just leave garbage at the curb and move on.

Like you, I always leave it at the curb, I've never had a problem moving on. I used to have the occasional conversation with someone about those who hang onto baggage and we decided that some people love their baggage, they like to talk about it, they like to pull it out and show it off, their baggage brings them comfort in an odd way. They stroke it like a perv strokes his dick.
^
I had a one thought when I entered this thread but the posts above gave me pause and now I share in the thinking expressed here.
It's not worth my time to dwell; I think patience is a virtue. At some point, whoever they are will get what they deserve.
(01-06-2013, 11:59 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Do you believe in that philosophy?

No. Do unto others as you would do unto yourself.
(01-06-2013, 01:55 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: No. Do unto others as you would do unto yourself.

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned.
(01-06-2013, 01:56 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-06-2013, 01:55 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: No. Do unto others as you would do unto yourself.

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned.

hah

Yeah, I try and live that philosophy but don't always succeed.
I have mixed emotions about it. I do believe in karma, however I also live by the 10 fold rule. Screw me once and I will screw you over 10 fold if I am able.
(01-06-2013, 02:50 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: I have mixed emotions about it. I do believe in karma, however I also live by the 10 fold rule. Screw me once and I will screw you over 10 fold if I am able.

So ten eyes for an eye then?
(01-06-2013, 04:25 PM)Jimbone Wrote:
(01-06-2013, 02:50 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: I have mixed emotions about it. I do believe in karma, however I also live by the 10 fold rule. Screw me once and I will screw you over 10 fold if I am able.

So ten eyes for an eye then?

If they have 10 eyes, yes. If not I would settle for eyes, ears, nose, fingers or toes.

Yeah, I'm not an eye for an eye person but I'm a big believer in restitution and revenge. Basically, I believe in treating others the way they treat me/mine.
Eye for an Eye is too late!

Said it before, saying it again. Do unto other's, before they do unto you!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

When someone does me wrong I never ever seek revenge, however I have found that my enemies frequently leave town and are never seen again during the next time I am out of town or otherwise covered by multiple witnesses. Happy coincidence?
I don't know about you fucking weirdos, but I don't have any enemies. I have a few acquaintances and family members that I find extremely annoying, but I don't wish death on them or anything.
I do not believe in Karma or "an eye for an eye". I have seen evil, wicked people who have lived a charmed life until the day they die. I have seen things people call Karma happen to wonderful people.

I do believe that God is the ultimate judge and that's when you shall reap what you sow.
that type of god seems like an asshole
(01-06-2013, 09:33 PM)Sphincter Cop Wrote: that type of god seems like an asshole

S. Cop previously said:

It's not worth my time to dwell; I think patience is a virtue. At some point, whoever they are will get what they deserve.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, they will get what they deserve from God. This is Mock, but do not mock God.
I hope he uses a good lube when the time comes...