Mock
~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ (/thread-4140.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - Duchess - 06-05-2023

To those of you on the East Coast, it is officially hurricane season. Oh happy day.   Sarcasm01

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - Clang McFly - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 12:10 PM)Duchess Wrote: To those of you on the East Coast, it is officially hurricane season. Oh happy day.   Sarcasm01

Woo 89

Don't get hurricanes in Albany NY. Just the occasional heavy rain.

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - MirahM - 06-05-2023

Stay safe!

I guess I could say we have now also entered fire season.

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - Duchess - 06-06-2023

I am getting smoke down here from the wildfires in Quebec. I can't smell anything but the sky is hazy and the weather people are saying the air quality is bad.

Whenever I hear about wildfires I always recall the people in California who were trying to flee but ended up being burnt to death in their cars. Awful. Just awful. 

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - Clang McFly - 06-06-2023

(06-06-2023, 01:54 PM)Duchess Wrote: I am getting smoke down here from the wildfires in Quebec. I can't smell anything but the sky is hazy and the weather people are saying the air quality is bad.

Whenever I hear about wildfires I always recall the people in California who were trying to flee but ended up being burnt to death in their cars. Awful. Just awful. 

We had an Air Pollution alert until 9am this morning. Wonder if it was because of the Quebec wildfires.

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - Duchess - 06-06-2023

(06-06-2023, 02:19 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Wonder if it was because of the Quebec wildfires.

Yes, I think so given the smoke is creating poor air quality throughout all of New York state.

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - cannongal - 06-06-2023

The sun was a giant red ball surrounded by haze this morning.   I think just about everyone in my state has a sore throat due to the smoke.

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - Clang McFly - 06-06-2023

(06-06-2023, 03:42 PM)cannongal Wrote: The sun was a giant red ball surrounded by haze this morning.   I think just about everyone in my state has a sore throat due to the smoke.

I've had dry, sore throat issues on and off since April so I haven't really noticed a difference. But yeah it's definitely hazy and the air has a funky burning smell.

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - Duchess - 06-19-2023

It begins.

[Image: Fy--UvtacAAj5XP?format=png&name=900x900]

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - Duchess - 06-01-2024

Today is the official start of hurricane season. Boooooo!

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - MirahM - 06-01-2024

Ick

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - rothschild - 06-01-2024

Eww...

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - Clang McFly - 06-02-2024

Yeah! 

Haven't had a decent Hurricane drink in ages.

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - sally - 06-02-2024

Motherfucker, here we go again!

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - Duchess - 06-03-2024

(06-02-2024, 07:08 PM)sally Wrote: Motherfucker, here we go again!

Have you experienced a really awful one where there was a lot of damage & no electricity for days?

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - sally - 06-03-2024

Yep, four in a row in 2004. All of them caused significant damage, but Charley was the worst. Couldnt even get down the street and lost power for 14 days just to find out another one was on it's way.

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - Duchess - 06-04-2024

No electricity for 2 weeks! That's so hard! I don't think I've ever lost it for that long and I feel like if I did I would probably want to leave home.

There are things I do when I know storms of that nature are on the way. One of the things I do is fill a tub with water so I can flush toilets. I make sure the grill has gas too so food can be cooked.

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - sally - 06-04-2024

They said Charley was going to hit the west coast right up until the last minute when it turned, went through the middle of the state and exited out my backyard. Those weather people are useless, they had all the people in Tampa evacuate from where they said it was going to hit right where it actually did hit.

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - Duchess - 06-04-2024

(06-04-2024, 09:44 AM)sally Wrote:  Those weather people are useless

You ain't kiddin'. Most are overly dramatic and scare the crap out of people ( Hibye me!) or they are outright wrong and excuse themselves by saying weather is unpredictable. 

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~ - Carsman - 06-04-2024

(06-04-2024, 10:03 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 09:44 AM)sally Wrote:  Those weather people are useless

You ain't kiddin'. Most are overly dramatic and scare the crap out of people ( Hibye me!) or they are outright wrong and excuse themselves by saying weather is unpredictable. 

I call weather forecasters: "Weather Terrorists"! More times then not, they scare the shit out of people who listen to them for no good reason, other then sensationalism! 
In other professions, if one was so often outright wrong, they would be fired!
The terrorists should be fired as well!