Mock
In honor of MLK day. - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Some Honest Therapy (https://mockforums.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: In honor of MLK day. (/thread-10833.html)

In honor of MLK day. - Maggot - 01-20-2014

I don't want to work. I just want to sit here and collect a check.

RE: In honor of MLK day. - Duchess - 01-20-2014

I hear ya, buddy & since I support that thought I'm going to do that too!

RE: In honor of MLK day. - Maggot - 01-20-2014

Wanna go skating in my pool?

I'd love to! It'll give me a chance to wear my new trapper hat!

I have to warn you that I have been known to ply women with spiked hot cocoa.

Can we smoke a lil' weed in the barn first?

Spiked hot cocoa! Yay!

Weed-2 All set.

RE: In honor of MLK day. - HairOfTheDog - 01-20-2014

In honor, I'm going to the professional car wash for the first time in years this afternoon.

And, shopping for office supplies.

Then, to see The Marked Ones - Paranormal Activity 5 (seriously).

In the meantime, reflecting a little on the accomplishments and words of Martin Luther King, Jr.

[Image: martin_luther_king_jr_1.jpg]

Always liked this quote, which has risen to the surface of my recollection a couple of times recently:
“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

(01-20-2014, 03:35 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

Amen

RE: In honor of MLK day. - Clang McFly - 01-20-2014

(01-20-2014, 01:07 PM)Maggot Wrote: I don't want to work. I just want to sit here and collect a check.
heh. I'm actually doing some job searching today when I usually just lay around.

RE: In honor of MLK day. - username - 01-20-2014

I like this quote:

"But there is something that I must say to my people, who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice: In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high lane of dignity and discipline".

Hmmm.....

RE: In honor of MLK day. - SIXFOOTERsez - 01-20-2014

So because of MLK day the schools were closed, so there were no school bus tours at the fair. So tomorrow morning I'll open the blacksmith shop and try to instill a little desire for skills to make something by hand to several hundred 6 to 10 olds.
With a little luck something will stick to 1 or 2.
Anyone need a fireplace poker?

(01-20-2014, 09:31 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: So because of MLK day the schools were closed, so there were no school bus tours at the fair. So tomorrow morning I'll open the blacksmith shop and try to instill a little desire for skills to make something by hand to several hundred 6 to 10 olds.

I use a pc of rebar now. But they took my trash so all is good.

Get the kids to make some beer can openers. [Image: %24T2eC16NHJGQE9noMZGOiBQp,RY1Lhw~~60_35.JPG]

RE: In honor of MLK day. - Cynical Ninja - 01-21-2014

(01-20-2014, 03:39 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: heh. I'm actually doing some job searching today

I think Obama is going to recommend that you are to be bestowed with the Medal of Honor.

Bravery is on the line clang! Will you take the call?

RE: In honor of MLK day. - SIXFOOTERsez - 01-21-2014

(01-20-2014, 09:48 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(01-20-2014, 09:31 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: So because of MLK day the schools were closed, so there were no school bus tours at the fair. So tomorrow morning I'll open the blacksmith shop and try to instill a little desire for skills to make something by hand to several hundred 6 to 10 olds.

I use a pc of rebar now. But they took my trash so all is good.

Get the kids to make some beer can openers. [Image: %24T2eC16NHJGQE9noMZGOiBQp,RY1Lhw~~60_35.JPG]
Hmmm....

I can do that