Mock
ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Some Honest Therapy (https://mockforums.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: ASK SALLY ANYTHING (/thread-12804.html)

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Duchess - 04-02-2017

(04-02-2017, 10:16 AM)BigMark Wrote: Is that what the cool kids are calling it now?

I don't know. Go find a cool kid and ask 'em.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 04-02-2017

(04-02-2017, 05:07 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Whenever I hear his name I think about him saying how delicious bone marrow is. He was so happy to be eating it. *shudders*

It is delicious roasted and then scooped out and spread on crusty baguette bread.

The thought of eating organ meat or blood sausage or anything like that makes me want to vomit, but the bone marrow doesn't bother me for some reason.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Clang McFly - 04-02-2017

(04-02-2017, 10:16 AM)sally Wrote: [quote='HairOfTheDog' pid='451205' dateline='1491114667']
He's up for grabs too, he split up with his wife who is an MMA fighter. So you won't have to worry about her beating the shit out of you if you sleep with him.

Is that why there hasn't been any new episodes of Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown(His No Reservations show on the Travel Channel was better) in awhile? I like Bourdain and his dry, sarcastic wit as well.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - HairOfTheDog - 04-02-2017

They only do 10 episodes of Parts Unknown per season, probably because there's so much travel time needed, so there's usually a long gap in between.

Season 8 finished up in December and there hasn't been an announcement yet for when season 9 will begin.

I don't usually watch the show when it originally airs, but CNN runs a marathon on Saturday nights and I usually catch a few at a time when I'm home. It's a great show, but I liked No Reservations too.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Midwest Spy - 04-02-2017

I've watched just about all of the Parts Unknown episodes myself, and while I don't want to cozy up to Bourdain, I'd definitely like to travel, eat/drink and party with him.

He writes really well. Places that I wouldn't necessarily want to travel to, I find interesting because of him.

His trip to Bangkok is one of my personal favorites.

He has a blast.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 04-02-2017

I read his book Kitchen Confidential and it was actually pretty good, it kept me interested enough to want to read more. Sometimes a book will just start boring the hell out of me and that's the last chance it gets.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - BigMark - 04-02-2017

liked his old stuff getting shitfaced and chainsmoking, I don't need Anthony fucking bourdain telling me how I should think about those dirty hypocrite Palestinians.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Mohammed - 04-23-2017

I've just spend a week with a massive invasion of Israelis here. I so understand the Palestinians!

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Clang McFly - 04-23-2017

(04-23-2017, 12:33 PM)Mohammed Wrote: I've just spend a week with a massive invasion of Israelis here. I so understand the Palestinians!

Yeah I understand the Palestinians too and all it took was one Israeli invading my privacy at the mall, trying to sell me $90 sea salt and moisturizer. Or a $50 bar of mud soap.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Duchess - 05-02-2017

Dear Sally,

Fair warning, I'm about to be cheesy.

Will you show this to J? It's very short, just a few minutes. I think it's charming. There isn't a word spoken but she won't have trouble understanding any part of it and she may even be familiar with the birds.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - HairOfTheDog - 05-11-2017

Did Big Sal sneak off to Zanzibar to party with Mo...........without us?! Or, maybe she's busy trolling the bird owners' forum?

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Maggot - 05-11-2017

Just when I was about to ask if aliens from other planets have bathrooms in their space ships. I've asked this before but all I ever get is "Where do you think asteroids come from" and stuff like that.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - BigMark - 05-11-2017

Why do you call her big Sal?

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - HairOfTheDog - 05-11-2017

That was sally's nickname here when I arrived on the scene over six years ago. It stuck with me.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - BigMark - 05-11-2017

Like a Kleenex to your foot in clangs bedroom.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Clang McFly - 05-11-2017

(05-11-2017, 08:38 PM)BigMark Wrote: Like a Kleenex to your foot in clangs bedroom.

Not unless you are stepping in my trash can/pee bucket. You're more likely to have the cotton stuffing from my ripped comforter stuck to your foot.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 05-12-2017

(05-02-2017, 02:31 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Dear Sally,

Fair warning, I'm about to be cheesy.

Will you show this to J? It's very short, just a few minutes. I think it's charming. There isn't a word spoken but she won't have trouble understanding any part of it and she may even be familiar with the birds.

I just showed it to her, she liked it.

Me on the other hand, I could take it or leave it. Probably leave it. Stupid fucking birds.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - aussiefriend - 05-13-2017

What's the deal with the Palestinian Israeli conversation?

I am out of the loop. I am not as fast posting on my phone but eager to get back into the swing of things.

There are beautiful people on both sides. Whether you wear a uniform or a wear a thobe and gutra. If you kill someone murder is still murder and evil. Someday all have to explain their actions to God and wearing a uniform won't cut it.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Duchess - 05-14-2017

(05-12-2017, 09:19 PM)sally Wrote: I just showed it to her, she liked it.

Me on the other hand, I could take it or leave it. Probably leave it. Stupid fucking birds.

I only cared that J like it. You didn't have to, you were just the tool I used to get her in front of the screen. Cranky old bat.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 05-14-2017

(05-11-2017, 05:32 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Did Big Sal sneak off to Zanzibar to party with Mo...........without us?! Or, maybe she's busy trolling the bird owners' forum?

I can't troll that place, those people will fuck me up. This is an example of how extreme they are. If I dared to tell them I fed Peanut Goldfish they would tear me apart.

#21 (permalink) Add to realitycheck's Reputation Report Post Unread Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Junior Member Join Date: May 2017
realitycheck is on a distinguished road

Re: My first bird!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of the replies on here really make me angry. I recommend not taking advice from this generation of people.

''not a week goes by without a bird flying into my window'' I have 4 double full size glass sliding doors, and it never happens - do you know why? Ever thought of putting an antibird sticker on the window?

First, a bird has wings, that means it is meant to fly, just like you have legs to walk. If you want to go cutting the feathers - GET A RODENT OR A PLASTIC TOY. I wish someone would put you in a wheelchair before you go and advise that course of actions on other creatures you think 'you own'. A bird unable to fly to its full ability will instead put stress on its heart, lungs and muscles. This is perceived as an injury to the bird - injuries cause depression. It will be unbalanced, miscalculate the distance it can cope with and injure itself. This practice is roundly attacked by vetinary surgeons. But as long as you get your $10 worth out of your little slave! A bird who lives its whole life in cruelty is still a good deal for people like that. The other reader's cockatoo flew out and never came back? I am not surprised! I have lovebirds I let out in the garden - they are back in the evening because their home is a place they love not hate, because freedom is not something they get once in their lives.

''He previously had another budgie friend but that bird passed away. 12"x18"x18" cage with plastic perches. ''

Of course it did. No-one cares, because they don't want to see that they caused its death.

Plastic is not a material suitable for a bird. Plastic perches and small (my definition being any size cage, not sure what yours is), ornate pretty cages exist for two things - the selfish egotistical owner and the man making all the money selling them.

GUARANTEE - this bird will be maimed within 5 years if it has survived: it will no longer be able to use its wings and will fall to the floor. Do you know why so many of these people know about 'heavy lead poisoning' - it is because they have bought the cheapest smallest cages they possibly could, people that probably have huge houses but cannot spare a few extra metres for a bird. A bird does not want to touch metal bars of the cage - it probably tastes of metal and the birds bones are so delicate it avoids touch instinctively- it does this only because it has to - ie it cannot fly from one perch to another - ie the cage is TOO SMALL. But don't blame yourself, find an excuse not to get a bigger cage. You will feel better.

How much mental effort did you go through to think a cage is interesting for a bird that is used to 1000kms of open space with trees, changeable weather and contact with its own species?

And you all pretend to 'love' your birds ' not willing to 'do that' to them, how totally deluded you are! You only care about yourselves. MILLIONS of birds are dying every year from owners that lie non-stop that they 'love' their birds and have NO EMPATHY whatsoever. Of course a bird is going to go into a mirror or a window it did not know was there - so do people!!!! Do you actually think? You have to actually take the time to close the curtains, until it is familiar with the windows. Taking a bird around on the finger and introducing it to each object?? How many new birds are that tame?? A bird is a cautious creature unless it is mislead or panicked. Open the cage door and let it come out step by step, fully in control of what it wants to do. A bird will always fly to the highest perch - put a perch high up and the bird will be able to plan its route calmly without some idiot trying to catch it and panic it all the time. A bird with a long tail likes to fly distance - it wants easy places to land: if there is a lack of them, it will fly back to its departure perch. They know what they are doing, people trying to make out that a bird is not capable of flying are simpletons. It is you that don't know how to look after a bird.

The previous owners got this bird because it was a cheap toy, if they had any thought for its wellbeing they would have googled what it should eat at least. I dispair at the people on this forum advising vegetables for a budgie as a main food...are you insane? Do you think wild budgies are in Australia right now digging up carrots? Vegetable matter should be given sparingly - any more and the birds chemical balance will be destroyed, the bird will get diarrhea and lose weight. They come from a dry climate - they are seed eaters - look at their beak. A budgie mix with millet sprays, carrot leaves, alfalfa, sprouted mustard seed, the odd corn on the cob, cuttlefish and a mineral block, good garden soil and grit, this type of thing is their natural diet. Willow, fruit tree, oak branches and strong rope to sit on. Some sort of swing that is large enough not to be simply a decoration for the owner. A shallow bath..really all these things are so obvious to a child..

And, another thing, people HATE hearing, a budgie is dying of depression waiting all day staring through its bars, waiting for you to come back and scare it to pieces. When it calls, it is hoping there is someone of its own species out there. It knows the mirror is a mirror, but it is all it has got: proof, mirrors are ignored in avairies where there are other budgies. ONCE THERE IS ENOUGH SPACE, you should get it a companion that it can actually interact with. Use the cage you have with a pole lodged in the branches of a tree for sitting the bird out in the shade of the garden when the weather is good. Choose a 2m square area in a corner of your accomodation, use the money for a cage and buy strips of wood and mesh, and make (or buy) aviary panels for an indoor aviary that goes up to the ceiling. This is still a compromise. The budgies still need to be let out most days to fly. I did this when I was a student - a whole 2 hours work- and I was a lot poorer than the terrible examples of bird owners here.
If you cannot afford the money or the space, do the bird a favour and give it to someone who can give it a decent life.