Mock
ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Some Honest Therapy (https://mockforums.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: ASK SALLY ANYTHING (/thread-12804.html)

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 05-24-2021

(05-24-2021, 12:36 PM)Duchess Wrote: One of the things that comes to mind right away is his opinion of "cancel culture". I think that cancel culture is simply a new word for an old thing. The difference is that regular citizens have a platform, small that it may be in some cases, in the form of social media. Opinions are read immediately, as opposed to opinions traveling by word of mouth. Back in the day if one hired a contractor and their work sucked, that would get around by word of mouth, these days it gets out to the masses immediately once it's posted online and the business gets dragged and no one will hire them. I don't see cancel culture being an all bad thing unless an innocent gets pulled into it. 

There are two sides to every story and now anyone can say whatever they want to drag someone through the mud. We have a few bad reviews and none of them are due to workmanship. They are complaining that we didn't return their call in what they felt was a timely manner for a free fucking estimate. We're busy, but apparently some people aren't and have nothing better to do.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Clang McFly - 05-26-2021

Dear Sally,

A friend of mine just arrived in Miami Florida today to visit his sister and brother in law. Now he wants me to fly out Thursday night and hang out with them Friday, Saturday, Sunday. They plan to hit the club and nude beach and other cool stuff. I'd have to play hooky from work for the second time this month.

But I was invited first to hang out with this other friend at a cabin in the mountains in Grafton NY where there's no frills and we'd be essentially camping and roughing it and communing with nature. It would take place Saturday, Sunday, Monday, come home early Tuesday morning before work. I wouldn't need to play hooky from work.

sally, what should I do?

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 05-26-2021

Tell your friend in Miami that you'd love to, but it's too much to take a flight out to Miami and then miss work when you've already missed more than you can afford. Go to the sucky ass mountains and make the most of it. Miami is a lot of fun and some great places to eat, but taking a flight out and missing work is such a pain in the ass. A mountain cabin is just as fun, although a different type of fun. I'd personally rather go to Miami, but having to take a flight just for a few days and then have to fly back isn't worth it to me. I'd do that when I have a good week to spend there on vacation time.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 05-26-2021

Actually fuck it, go to miami.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - BigMark - 05-26-2021

get some cuban pussy you'll never be the same

(05-26-2021, 10:16 PM)sally Wrote: Tell your friend in Miami that you'd love to, but it's too much to take a flight out to Miami and then miss work when you've already missed more than you can afford. Go to the sucky ass mountains and make the most of it. Miami is a lot of fun and some great places to eat, but taking a flight out and missing work is such a pain in the ass. A mountain cabin is just as fun, although a different type of fun. I'd personally rather go to Miami, but having to take a flight just for a few days and then have to fly back isn't worth it to me. I'd do that when I have a good week to spend there on vacation time.

Thanks, sally. I'm going to take your advice and go on the less fun adventure at the cabin. Maybe later this summer, my friend will go to Miami again and give me more notice and we can fly down together. I hate doing stuff alone. Especially flying.

(05-26-2021, 10:41 PM)BigMark Wrote: get some cuban pussy you'll never be the same

Why would I kidnap and grave rob Fidel Castro's body?

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - BigMark - 05-26-2021

Because that is what fat fucking fruit salads do in tourist mode.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 05-27-2021

(05-26-2021, 10:47 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 10:16 PM)sally Wrote: Tell your friend in Miami that you'd love to, but it's too much to take a flight out to Miami and then miss work when you've already missed more than you can afford. Go to the sucky ass mountains and make the most of it. Miami is a lot of fun and some great places to eat, but taking a flight out and missing work is such a pain in the ass. A mountain cabin is just as fun, although a different type of fun. I'd personally rather go to Miami, but having to take a flight just for a few days and then have to fly back isn't worth it to me. I'd do that when I have a good week to spend there on vacation time.

Thanks, sally. I'm going to take your advice and go on the less fun adventure at the cabin. Maybe later this summer, my friend will go to Miami again and give me more notice and we can fly down together. I hate doing stuff alone. Especially flying.

It's probably your smartest and easiest bet. Planes really suck between boarding and then thinking you could die at anytime. Statistically you have a better chance of dying while driving, but the thought is still there regardless. I always feel like if I'm going through the uncomfortable experience, it should be for more than just visiting a place for a couple of days.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Clang McFly - 05-27-2021

(05-27-2021, 12:05 AM)sally Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 10:47 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

It's probably your smartest and easiest bet. Planes really suck between boarding and then thinking you could die at anytime. Statistically you have a better chance of dying while driving, but the thought is still there regardless. I always feel like if I'm going through the uncomfortable experience, it should be for more than just visiting a place for a couple of days.

They're both uncomfortable. But the cabin is local less uncomfortable. I kind of want to back out,but the guy I'm going with has no car to get there himself and already posted on Facebook that he was glad he was getting away for the weekend because he was stressed as fuck.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Duchess - 05-27-2021

(05-26-2021, 09:46 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: hang out with this other friend at a cabin in the mountains 

Oh hell yeah! That sounds awesome, Clang!

(05-26-2021, 10:16 PM)sally Wrote: sucky ass mountains 

How DARE you!    16

(05-27-2021, 11:34 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 09:46 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: hang out with this other friend at a cabin in the mountains 

Oh hell yeah! That sounds awesome, Clang!

We will see. I've never been camping. I need to bring an air mattress, cooler, ice, flashlight, and my own food. There is a fire pit and a horse farm nearby. If anything does go wrong I'll have some Irish whiskey, cigars, and 3 weed gummies to calm me down.

Don't forget the toilet paper & take a couple lighters. You'll be fine! I sure hope you can enjoy the experience, Clangy. As long as you're prepared with the things you'll need it should be a relaxing time.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - BigMark - 05-27-2021

Poison Oak leaves make great toilet paper

(05-27-2021, 12:51 PM)Duchess Wrote: Don't forget the toilet paper & take a couple lighters. You'll be fine! I sure hope you can enjoy the experience, Clangy. As long as you're prepared with the things you'll need it should be a relaxing time.

I'm bringing at least 2 rolls of toilet paper and 2 butane  lighters. Toiletries such as soap, deodorant, a towel,etc. Napkins, paper towels, paper plates, solo cups, plastic silverware.

There's a horse farm nearby and they have fire pits at the cabin so if I get really desperate for food.....free horse steaks.

(05-27-2021, 01:03 PM)BigMark Wrote: Poison Oak leaves make great toilet paper

Sarcastic

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 05-27-2021

(05-27-2021, 11:35 AM)Duchess Wrote:

How DARE you!    16

Mountains are cool I guess, but not really my thing. I'm more of a city person than a nature person when I go on vacation. We went to some mountain in Switzerland and it was alright. Then we got to the top and there was a huge restaurant and bar so that made it better.

(05-27-2021, 07:27 PM)sally Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 11:35 AM)Duchess Wrote:

How DARE you!    16

Mountains are cool I guess, but not really my thing. I'm more of a city person than a nature person when I go on vacation. We went to some mountain in Switzerland and it was alright. Then we got to the top and there was a huge restaurant and bar so that made it better.

I'm not really a mountain or nature type person either. But I've began to appreciate nature more since ive been walking to and from work through Washington Park. I love seeing and talking to all the geese, ducks, squirrels, and robins. I loved looking at all the different colored tulips they had out earlier this month for Mother's Day and the Tulip Festival.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Duchess - 05-28-2021

Did you check the weather forecast, Clangy?