Mock
ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Some Honest Therapy (https://mockforums.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: ASK SALLY ANYTHING (/thread-12804.html)

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 01-15-2023

I was laughing at Aussie, not you. I don't know why your bones hurt, old age maybe. Or maybe you're getting covid or the flu. It's probably nothing major.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Duchess - 01-15-2023

I saw we posted at the same time. I'll chalk it up to old age. It feels like it does when I start doing the first yard work of the season and I overdue it.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 01-15-2023

Do some stretching exercises.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Clang McFly - 01-15-2023

(01-15-2023, 11:08 AM)Duchess Wrote: Stiff & uncomfortable. 

That's what she will say to me if I ever have sex.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - BigMark - 01-15-2023

Soft Serve was your stage name.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - MirahM - 01-16-2023

Are you taking vitamins? Calcium and vit D?

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - BlueTiki - 01-18-2023

Yeah . . . I know there's a Soup Chicken Thread, but Sally is rock-solid when it comes to culinary advice. 

So . . . Sally, have you ever made a quiche using Brie? 

If so, I would appreciate your suggestion of veggies and protein pairings for this particular type of quiche.

I typically use heavy cream or evaporated milk . . . sometimes 5050 half and half mixed with whole milk (whatever is in the fridge).

Also, is a legally concealed handgun an appropriate accessory for a date or a social gathering?  

Asking for a friend (who is biologically, and also identifies as, a straight woman).

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 01-18-2023

Bacon, asparagus and brie quiche sounds nice and I would definitely take the gun. Just in case anyone complains about it.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 01-18-2023

Or ham and mushroom and just a tiny bit of truffle oil.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - BlueTiki - 01-18-2023

Thanks, Sally!

Will try a combo of caramelized shallots, blanched asparagus tips, mushrooms, bacon and heavy cream (what I have in the fridge).

Wish I had some truffle oil.  Been out for over 6 months.  That was a spot-on suggestion!

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - MirahM - 01-31-2023

Dear Sally,
i had another look at the place I will be staying in a few weeks and it is really dark. It is a rustic cabin where some of the walls have wood panneling and some are just particle board (I think that is the right word). I plan on bringing in lights-string lights, bright colored rugs, bright curtains and anything light colored to brighten up the space. Do you have any more reccomendations on how to brighten up a dark interior?

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - rothschild - 01-31-2023

Bacon and brussels sprout is God's gift to man.

(01-31-2023, 03:09 PM)MirahM Wrote: Dear Sally,
i had another look at the place I will be staying in a few weeks and it is really dark. It is a rustic cabin where some of the walls have wood panneling and some are just particle board (I think that is the right word). I plan on bringing in lights-string lights, bright colored rugs, bright curtains and anything light colored to brighten up the space. Do you have any more reccomendations on how to brighten up a dark interior?

Paint the particle board and use floor lamps and you should be good to go.

I'm not sure I will have permission to paint or make those kind of changes.

[Image: xeMywiR.jpg]

Looks nice, just bring some floor lamps and you'll be fine.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Duchess - 01-31-2023

I must be the only one who likes dark, moody rooms with low lighting here & there throughout.

I know others who do also. I think in the summer it will be fine. Yesterday it felt dark, of course we didnt' have all the lights on-the dining room areas and one of the sitting rooms seems bright, my bedroom seems dark-I may do some furniture re-arranging, esp for the winter. Maybe the snow will make it seem brighter? It blocks some of the sunlight. It will be interesting to stay my first night and week and see what it is really like.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 01-31-2023

(01-31-2023, 04:18 PM)MirahM Wrote: I'm not sure I will have permission to paint or make those kind of changes.

[Image: xeMywiR.jpg]
It's pretty dated and you obviously can't change the furniture and paint so I'd personally choose a neutral and natural understated color palette with a bolder accent color. I'd add earthy, organic materials and textures like plants, jute, linen, bamboo...To add a modern element I'd go with floor lamps with clean lines and curves and metal finishes. What are the surroundings outside like?

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 01-31-2023

Also you need black in there, every room strangely needs something black to brighten it. I would choose black for the lamps.

Currently covered in snow.

I'm not sure how to describe the outside when its not covered in snow, I will see if I can find a picture. (The outside of the cabin is not pretty either, but the view is right on the river and gorgeous)

And thank you for the ideas!!!!! I appreciate it alot.

*2nd edit: I had to look up what Jute is. Cool.