Mock
ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Some Honest Therapy (https://mockforums.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: ASK SALLY ANYTHING (/thread-12804.html)

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - BlueTiki - 02-27-2023

Mouthfeel and flavor.

Seasoning, too, if you prepare certain butters for steaks.

Sorry . . . I know you asked Sally, but depending on the type of steak and how it's prepared, I occasionally opt for butter.

I am carnivore!

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - MirahM - 02-27-2023

(02-27-2023, 05:05 PM)Duchess Wrote: Also, why do people put butter on their steak? OMG it makes me want to hurl.

I think the first time I read that was here. I never knew it was a thing before then.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Duchess - 02-27-2023

(02-27-2023, 05:22 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Mouthfeel and flavor.

Seasoning, too, if you prepare certain butters for steaks.

Sorry . . . I know you asked Sally, but depending on the type of steak and how it's prepared, I occasionally opt for butter.

I am carnivore!

No apology necessary. 

I never knew one prepares certain butters for steak.

(02-27-2023, 05:29 PM)MirahM Wrote: I think the first time I read that was here. I never knew it was a thing before then.

I never knew it was a thing either until I saw it done and then I started seeing it everywhere. People use a fuck ton of butter (in general), salt too!

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - BlueTiki - 02-27-2023

My Mum loves it when I grill ribeyes and whip up some Blue Cheese butter, for hers.

It's an occasional request and one I am happy to oblige.

I usually have a roasted garlic butter log, in my fridge . . . for burgers and toasted French Bread.

(I've been know to sneak a Chipotle Butter on grilled pork chops, too.)

(02-27-2023, 06:01 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: I usually have a roasted garlic butter log, in my fridge . . . for burgers and toasted French Bread.

Well that sounds pretty awesome. Toasted french bread. NomNomNom.

I like garlic. C'mere and let me breathe on ya.  Sarcastic

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 02-27-2023

(02-27-2023, 04:57 PM)Duchess Wrote: Sally, I'm asking for an idea for something to keep grated parmesan cheese in. I'm not interested in the clear glass shakers. Thank you!

Go to the Olive Garden and ask them to leave the grater at the table because you like to add your own parmesan. Then steal it. You can store a hunk of cheese in there and freshly grate it every time you need some. I don't know, that's what I did. I've had that thing for 29 years now and it still works great.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 02-27-2023

(02-27-2023, 05:05 PM)Duchess Wrote: Also, why do people put butter on their steak? OMG it makes me want to hurl.

Tiki answered the question the same way I would have. I also do the roasted garlic compound butter. I mentioned somewhere else that the cashier at Publix was curious to know why I was buying 30 heads of garlic.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Duchess - 03-25-2023

(02-27-2023, 06:57 PM)sally Wrote: Go to the Olive Garden and ask them to leave the grater at the table because you like to add your own parmesan. Then steal it. 

I don't know how I missed this!

Sally, does one need vitamins or supplements like calcium?

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 03-25-2023

If you have no health conditions that would require you to then I'd say no, why fix what's not broken? Sometimes the supplements can do worse than good.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - rothschild - 03-25-2023

(03-25-2023, 01:47 PM)Duchess Wrote: Sally, does one need vitamins or supplements like calcium?

You want vitamin K2 (MK-7) for calcium absorption. Calcium that isn't absorbed results in calcification of organs and joints.

Gin and zinc are Sally's preferred supplements.

(03-25-2023, 02:17 PM)sally Wrote: If you have no health conditions that would require you to then I'd say no, why fix what's not broken? Sometimes the supplements can do worse than good.

Understood. I was a little concerned about one day being geriatric and finding out I should have been taking something because I didn't drink enough milk or eat enough carrots, simplified, but you know what I mean.

(03-25-2023, 02:18 PM)rothschild Wrote: You want vitamin K2 (MK-7) for calcium absorption. Calcium that isn't absorbed results in calcification of organs and joints.

Absorption makes sense. I don't want any calcification going on. Damn. That sounds awful.

(03-25-2023, 02:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-25-2023, 02:18 PM)rothschild Wrote: You want vitamin K2 (MK-7) for calcium absorption. Calcium that isn't absorbed results in calcification of organs and joints.

Absorption makes sense. I don't want any calcification going on. Damn. That sounds awful.

Yes, so why take more calcium than you need? It's like kids, if they're healthy and eat fairly healthy then a multi-vitamin isn't necessary for them. And you don't have to drink a gallon of milk a day to get calcium, there are a ton of non-dairy foods that are naturally rich in calcium.

Don't get me wrong, calcium is very important, but calcium that isn't absorbed is detrimental.

Ideally we should be getting everything we need from the food we eat, but the averaqge diet is far from what could be considered ideal.

As someone who's spent several decades learning about socio-economics, I find nutrition to be far more complex.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - BigMark - 03-25-2023

Sally's supplements are beer and nicotine.

(03-25-2023, 02:53 PM)rothschild Wrote:

Don't get me wrong, calcium is very important, but calcium that isn't absorbed is detrimental.

Ideally we should be getting everything we need from the food we eat, but the averaqge diet is far from what could be considered ideal.

As someone who's spent several decades learning about socio-economics, I find nutrition to be far more complex.

That's why they have WIC, the parents dont know what a healthy diet is for their children or themselves. And neither does WIC for that matter, but they think they do.

Well they do know actually, but it's easier and cheaper to give out vouchers for tons of milk, juice and cereal that's all very unhealthy, but at least it has vitamins.