Mock
ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Some Honest Therapy (https://mockforums.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: ASK SALLY ANYTHING (/thread-12804.html)

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 08-04-2023

They are expensive, but I think they’re worth it. Plus they’re pretty.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - crash - 08-06-2023

I have some Le Creuset stuff. They’re still in boxes from about three moves ago. I was at Aldi about twelve months ago and they had red cast iron Dutch ovens, skillets, griddle pans and sauté pans for $10 each so I splurged $50 and bought one of each. I’ve put them in 450+ ovens, scoured them with steel wool, even put them in the dishwasher and I literally can’t kill them.

Fuck the French and their $400 Dutch ovens; for $50, I’ll go buy another set and never unpack them. If I do come across them one day, I’m going to sell them on eBay

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Duchess - 08-06-2023

Aldi sells Le Creuset! Holy shit. There is an Aldi here and I'll be checking it out now.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - crash - 08-06-2023

No, they don’t sell Le Creuset, they sell a no brand cast iron, range of enamel coated crockery for a fraction of the price, and you literally can’t kill it..

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Duchess - 08-06-2023

I misunderstood your post.   Smiley_emoticons_slash

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Duchess - 08-09-2023

Sally, do you like to read? 

Do any of you like to read for pleasure?

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 08-09-2023

I like going to book stores and buying books that I would like to read but never get around to if that counts.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Clang McFly - 08-09-2023

(08-09-2023, 06:22 PM)Duchess Wrote: Sally, do you like to read? 

I used to read for pleasure back when there were only 3 TV channels. I used to be into mystery books before I discovered science fiction. Got alot of crap from my classmates for reading Nancy Drew as well as the Hardy Boys. I loved reading my Star Trek books that were so good I could hardly put them down.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Clang McFly - 08-09-2023

(08-09-2023, 06:41 PM)sally Wrote: I like going to book stores and buying books that I would like to read but never get around to if that counts.

Yes that's what I do nowadays. I buy all these books, CDs, DVDs at garage sales that I know I'm most likely never going to use. I still have 47 unread comic books from Free Comic Day in May.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - MirahM - 08-10-2023

(08-09-2023, 06:22 PM)Duchess Wrote: Sally, do you like to read? 

I thought I had a book thread here somewhere.

I have a stack of books to read this winter. I'm getting a little reading in this summer, but not much. I do like to read.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Donovan - 08-10-2023

I recently deliberately forced myself to put down the fucking phone for a bit and begin reading some of my piles of books. Right now I'm reading a behind-the-scenes thing about Caddyshack, a crappy mystery surprisingly written by Joyce Carol Oates (who is normally pretty solid) and just picked up an Allman Brothers book written by one of the members who was doing a signing during a festival I went to last month.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 08-22-2023

(06-18-2023, 11:27 AM)Duchess Wrote: Sally, I don't have a question, I just want to draw your attention to something. I found your soul mate, not for love, nonono, but a cooking soul mate. He's you...with a dick. 

https://twitter.com/ChefReactions

Here it is, Duchess.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Duchess - 08-22-2023

He's so funny. I recently found out he lives with his gramma (or his gramma lives with him). He takes care of her. Someone asked him about his dream kitchen and he described it as having everything his now kitchen doesn't have, but he won't move because his gramma is comfortable in this home and he's all about making sure she's comfortable in her golden years.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - BlueTiki - 09-14-2023

Hey, Sally . . . 

Have you ever heard of or used a Hallman (manufacturer) stove?  It's Italian and recently installed in my Williams retreat.

It's retro looking and absolutely amazing!

Commercial quality without the whole stainless industrial look.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 09-14-2023

Your Williams retreat? Aren’t you the fancy one with your Italian stove.

Actually no I’ve never heard of it, but I’ll look it up. I stand corrected, I have seen those and they are beautiful, I just didn’t know it was called Hallman. I’m picking out kitchen appliances now for my “Inland retreat” and I was going to go with a Zline stove, but I may reconsider now.

I have a question that I can’t answer myself. So my neighborhood is having a real problem with feral cats and the city won’t do shit about it. A mama had kittens on the side of my house and I’ve been feeding them and my husband says to stop doing it because they won’t be able to find food on their own. They’re starving and thirsty, what am I supposed to do, just ignore them?

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - rothschild - 09-14-2023

(09-14-2023, 10:57 PM)sally Wrote: I have a question that I can’t answer myself. So my neighborhood is having a real problem with feral cats and the city won’t do shit about it. A mama had kittens on the side of my house and I’ve been feeding them and my husband says to stop doing it because they won’t be able to find food on their own. They’re starving and thirsty, what am I supposed to do, just ignore them?

In some areas there are shelters that manage feral populations by spaying/neutering, after which they're much less of a public nuisance. Takes resources, of course, so people in the community have to be willing to give some support.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Clang McFly - 09-15-2023

(09-14-2023, 10:57 PM)sally Wrote: I have a question that I can’t answer myself. So my neighborhood is having a real problem with feral cats and the city won’t do shit about it. A mama had kittens on the side of my house and I’ve been feeding them and my husband says to stop doing it because they won’t be able to find food on their own. They’re starving and thirsty, what am I supposed to do, just ignore them?

Feed the cats. Ignore the husband. Tell him if you can't feed the pussies, he can't feed your pussy.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - BigMark - 09-15-2023

We went to a dog rescue dinner at a local park last night. Mostly French people showed up, they danced in a circle, like covid dance, kinda weird. People here feed the stray cats and dogs.