Mock
ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Some Honest Therapy (https://mockforums.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: ASK SALLY ANYTHING (/thread-12804.html)

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - BlueTiki - 09-20-2023

(09-14-2023, 02:45 PM)sally Wrote: Your Williams retreat? Aren’t you the fancy one with your Italian stove.

It was a friend's place.  

She just got the stove installed a couple of weeks prior to my arrival.  

Loved cooking on it . . . especially since I was the one who seasoned her stainless griddle.  

It's a beautiful ivory/antique white color with dark bronze knobs and bars.

BTW - It's a hybrid . . . the oven is electric (6 burner stovetop is gas).  9 settings to cover every bell and whistle oven option one could hope for.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 09-20-2023

I have a DCS range and griddle that I really like. The griddle is well seasoned and you can make a breakfast with the works on there for several people. The griddle is definitely a necessity if you do lots of cooking for more than two people. All these people fucking around with stupid air fryers, a well seasoned griddle is where the real magic happens.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 09-20-2023

I was joking about the retreat by the way, it just sounded like you’re up there in the Hamptons or something cooking up a storm with Barefoot Contessa and Jeffery and all their gay friends. Maybe Oprah pops in once in a while.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - BigMark - 09-21-2023

It's a beautiful ivory/antique white color with dark bronze knobs

Brown Chicken, Brown Cow.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Clang McFly - 09-21-2023

(09-20-2023, 11:17 PM)sally Wrote: I have a DCS range and griddle that I really like. The griddle is well seasoned and you can make a breakfast with the works on there for several people. The griddle is definitely a necessity if you do lots of cooking for more than two people. All these people fucking around with stupid air fryers, a well seasoned griddle is where the real magic happens.

Air fryer is where the lazy, faster cooking magic happens. I love my slow cooker but can't wait to try my Chefman air fryer. Stick the food in, set the temperature and time, and 20 minutes or less......yummy goodness.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Duchess - 09-21-2023

(09-21-2023, 10:33 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: Stick the food in, set the temperature and time, and 20 minutes or less......yummy goodness.

For real? Don't tease me.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Clang McFly - 09-21-2023

(09-21-2023, 11:08 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 10:33 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: Stick the food in, set the temperature and time, and 20 minutes or less......yummy goodness.

For real? Don't tease me.

In theory....I'll test it out one of these days. I've got a week off scheduled in October. Should try it out at least once then.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - MirahM - 10-13-2023

Sally, what are those round or oval rugs that are usually in farmhouses called?

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 10-13-2023

I love rugs, how do I not know this. I’ll go google it and get back to you.

I could not find any particular name for a round farmhouse rug other than rustic. Or maybe you’re thinking of jute rugs?

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - BigMark - 10-13-2023

Either a rag or rope rug.

[Image: Orval+Handmade+Green+Indoor%2FOutdoor+Rug.jpg]

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - Duchess - 10-13-2023

I've seen them referred to as braided rugs.

I had a sea grass rug, I loved the way it looked but it was uncomfortable as fuck on bare feet and the dog kept pissing on it.

(10-13-2023, 12:21 PM)Duchess Wrote: I've seen them referred to as braided rugs.

That one is a a braided rope rug.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - MirahM - 10-13-2023

Thanks. Those are it. I swear we called it something else as a kid, but I can't remember what.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - MirahM - 11-12-2023

Dear Sally,

This morning I made apple crisp, but I halved the recipe. It was delicious, but not very crispy. Could I have possibly used too much butter?
Honestly I did not follow the recipe or halving it perfectly.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - sally - 11-12-2023

You half assed it and the crisp recipe needs to be to a T to come out right. Unlike other food, baking needs exact measurements.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - BigMark - 11-13-2023

Cooking is art, baking is science.

RE: ASK SALLY ANYTHING - MirahM - 11-13-2023

I also didn't use chilled butter, I used the stick I took out the night before