Mock
POLITICAL HUMOR & SATIRE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: POLITICAL HUMOR & SATIRE (/thread-13616.html)

RE: POLITICAL HUMOR & SATIRE - Duchess - 06-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 12:11 PM)MirahM Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 05:32 PM)Duchess Wrote: You mean it's not my fashion sense and love of clothes & decor? Say it ain't so.   111

All the same BS in this thread.

So guys who don't like Trump are feminine, and being feminine is a bad thing anyway? 

And still with the "BLM/Antifa is what is wrong with America today"

I can see nothing has changed.

The comparison of the insurrection to the BLM protests is a false equivalency and the majority of the world knows that. Those that make the comparison have nothing else and they don't ever mind looking ridiculous. Fine by me.  Awink

RE: POLITICAL HUMOR & SATIRE - MirahM - 06-08-2021

Yep

RE: POLITICAL HUMOR & SATIRE - Maggot - 06-08-2021

This is why America is such a great country, people can believe what they want and not worry about getting their heads cut off...........The greatest country in the world, Gods country. 

I believe everyone has a right to express their beliefs.

Maggot,
Woud you be interested in checking out the book "The New Jim Crow, Mass incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness" by Michelle Alexander?

https://newjimcrow.com/about

It is available on several e-readers. You can read it and disect it and tell me that it is all BS. I just want to know if you are interested in at least checking it out and letting me know what you think about it.

Is that the opinion columnist for the NYT's ?

Yes and a civil rights advocate.

RE: POLITICAL HUMOR & SATIRE - Carsman - 06-08-2021

[Image: 04-trump-return-dt-sm-1200x630.jpg]

I love my country. That freak in North Korea just made up some new laws--no slang, no foreign films, some shit about clothes & hairstyles. Damn. People could actually be killed or locked away for a long time. The other day I watched him enter a room and people were clapping so fast they were referred to as hummingbirds and you know damn well no one wanted to be the first to stop.

I hate it when someone comes to America after saying they were abused in their old country only to come to America and protest America. Why come in droves to this country then belittle it?

Other countries are worse. If you come to America be an American.

RE: POLITICAL HUMOR & SATIRE - rothschild - 06-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 12:11 PM)MirahM Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 05:32 PM)Duchess Wrote: You mean it's not my fashion sense and love of clothes & decor? Say it ain't so.   111

All the same BS in this thread.

So guys who don't like Trump are feminine, and being feminine is a bad thing anyway? 

And still with the "BLM/Antifa is what is wrong with America today"

I can see nothing has changed.

People see what they're programmed to see. They support their tribe's broad, sweeping generalizations, and attack those that don't accept them as 100% valid, and all the various tribes behave almost identically. Infantile drones smearing feces on each other whenever they don't get their way. A nationwide dumpster fire, facilitated by big tech, big media, and big brother.

So, should we keep doing the same old thing, which guarantees we'll keep getting the same old results, or should we try doing something different that offers the possibility of putting out the dumpster fire?

(06-08-2021, 02:10 PM)MirahM Wrote: Maggot,
Woud you be interested in checking out the book "The New Jim Crow, Mass incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness" by Michelle Alexander?

https://newjimcrow.com/about

It is available on several e-readers. You can read it and disect it and tell me that it is all BS. I just want to know if you are interested in at least checking it out and letting me know what you think about it.

I was reading about the incarceration industry 30 years ago, long before it became a fad.

Read Chomsky's Necessary Illusions if you'd like to understand how we got to where we are today. I don't think much of him these days, but that book is a rock solid introduction to the relationship between information and power.

Why do you always have to belittle people? You treat some of us like we are incapable of free thinking and talk about us being programmed, and Love Child has books that interest her and you tell her it's a fad. Stuff like that. You can be a real buzzkill, rothschild.

(06-08-2021, 06:21 PM)Duchess Wrote: Why do you always have to belittle people? You treat some of us like we are incapable of free thinking and talk about us being programmed, and Love Child has books that interest her and you tell her it's a fad. Stuff like that. You can be a real buzzkill, rothschild.

She sounded whiny to me, with her "same old BS" whinge. And social justice IS a fad now -- totally. You know how long that shit's been around? Since the 1500's.

Reading books is wonderful, but it doesn't make you morally superior to those who haven't read them. Knowing something is worthless if you don't have the ability to communicate it to others, and that is an immensely challenging capability -- but not impossible.

(06-08-2021, 02:16 PM)Maggot Wrote: Is that the opinion columnist for the NYT's ?

So is that a no?

She isn't just an opinion columnist.

From Wiki:

Career
Alexander served as director of the Racial Justice Project at the ACLU of Northern California from 1998 until 2005, which led a national campaign against racial profiling by law enforcement. She directed the Civil Rights Clinic at Stanford Law School and was a law clerk for Justice Harry Blackmun at the U. S. Supreme Court and for Chief Judge Abner Mikva on the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. As an associate at Saperstein, Goldstein, Demchak & Baller, she specialized in plaintiff-side class action suits alleging race and gender discrimination.
Alexander sits on the faculty of Union Theological Seminary in the City of New York, as a Visiting Professor of Social Justice.
In 2018, she was hired as an opinion columnist at The New York Times.

Hidden Colors 2

Alexander appeared in a 2012 documentary Hidden Colors 2: The Triumph of Melanin, in which she discussed the impact of mass incarceration in melanoid communities. Alexander said: "Today there are more African American adults, under correctional control, in prison or jail, on probation or parole than were enslaved in 1850 a decade before the Civil War began.
13th 
Alexander appeared in the 2016 documentary [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13th_(film)]13th[/url] directed by Ava DuVernay. As a guest expert interviewee, Alexander described the evolution of racial disparity in the United States of America through its evolution from slavery, the Jim Crow laws, the War on Drugs, to mass incarceration. Alexander said, "So many aspects of the Old Jim Crow are suddenly legal again once you've been branded a felon. And so it seems that in America, we haven't so much ended racial caste but simply redesigned it".

(06-08-2021, 06:42 PM)rothschild Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 06:21 PM)Duchess Wrote: Why do you always have to belittle people? You treat some of us like we are incapable of free thinking and talk about us being programmed, and Love Child has books that interest her and you tell her it's a fad. Stuff like that. You can be a real buzzkill, rothschild.

She sounded whiny to me, with her "same old BS" whinge. And social justice IS a fad now -- totally. You know how long that shit's been around? Since the 1500's.

Reading books is wonderful, but it doesn't make you morally superior to those who haven't read them. Knowing something is worthless if you don't have the ability to communicate it to others, and that is an immensely challenging capability -- but not impossible.

As long as racism has been around.

I don't think I am morraly superior. I didn't say I was.

(06-08-2021, 06:49 PM)MirahM Wrote:

I know you didn't. It's my perception of you. But I also think you have a lot of human potential.

Racism is part and parcel of tribalism, which is why identity politics feeds into racism. If we want to end racism we're going to have to come together as a single tribe -- the human tribe.

You're doing it again.    Taz

(06-08-2021, 06:56 PM)Duchess Wrote: You're doing it again.    Taz

(06-08-2021, 06:42 PM)MirahM Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 02:16 PM)Maggot Wrote: Is that the opinion columnist for the NYT's ?

So is that a no?

She isn't just an opinion columnist.

From Wiki:

Career
Alexander served as director of the Racial Justice Project at the ACLU of Northern California from 1998 until 2005, which led a national campaign against racial profiling by law enforcement. She directed the Civil Rights Clinic at Stanford Law School and was a law clerk for Justice Harry Blackmun at the U. S. Supreme Court and for Chief Judge Abner Mikva on the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. As an associate at Saperstein, Goldstein, Demchak & Baller, she specialized in plaintiff-side class action suits alleging race and gender discrimination.
Alexander sits on the faculty of Union Theological Seminary in the City of New York, as a Visiting Professor of Social Justice.
In 2018, she was hired as an opinion columnist at The New York Times.

Hidden Colors 2

Alexander appeared in a 2012 documentary Hidden Colors 2: The Triumph of Melanin, in which she discussed the impact of mass incarceration in melanoid communities. Alexander said: "Today there are more African American adults, under correctional control, in prison or jail, on probation or parole than were enslaved in 1850 a decade before the Civil War began.
13th 
Alexander appeared in the 2016 documentary [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13th_(film)]13th[/url] directed by Ava DuVernay. As a guest expert interviewee, Alexander described the evolution of racial disparity in the United States of America through its evolution from slavery, the Jim Crow laws, the War on Drugs, to mass incarceration. Alexander said, "So many aspects of the Old Jim Crow are suddenly legal again once you've been branded a felon. And so it seems that in America, we haven't so much ended racial caste but simply redesigned it".

I will check it out. It's more than likely a good read and I will never know until I start reading it. If it flows I will continue. I'm not abject to considering other views. But as you know it does take time to read a book.

(06-08-2021, 06:52 PM)rothschild Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 06:49 PM)MirahM Wrote:

I know you didn't. It's my perception of you. But I also think you have a lot of human potential.

Racism is part and parcel of tribalism, which is why identity politics feeds into racism. If we want to end racism we're going to have to come together as a single tribe -- the human tribe.

A lot of people try to split racism as a human casualty. I think people should ignore color and just look at the person and their values before passing personal justice on anyone. Humanity is humanity, kind of simple without tossing in all kinds of dogma. But people will be people and toss in all kinds of perimeters.....................It really doesn't have to be all that complicated. 

Most people suck and that's what I'm stickin with.