Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-20-2011, 08:18 PM)onefortheroad Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 08:15 PM)EastCoastKat Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 07:23 PM)ToledoNative Wrote: It is accurate because Lisa was at work until 11pm. Johnny picked her up from work when her shift was over and they went to Lisa's house.

According to Tiffany she was on the phone with Johnny at 11 when all the ruckus went down, are you sure about the time?

I thought Lisa finished work at 10 that night?

Yes, you might be right. Was her shift over at 10pm or 11pm?
It may have been 10pm.
(02-20-2011, 06:16 PM)pspence Wrote: Yes, I was commenting that I was proud of her for facing her critics and standing up for herself, answering the questions, etc...that's all I was saying..she understood...I have a gut instinct that she is not involved in this horrific tragedy...just my opinion...nothing to base it on except a mother's intuition...

So you're the person that commented on TWs page thats you?
(02-20-2011, 08:20 PM)ToledoNative Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 07:23 PM)ToledoNative Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 07:20 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 07:05 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Not to slam the coroner but, I could have given that exact same answer without even seeing the bodies.

Yes...Vague isn't it....but I put it out there as statements are posted questioning the original and equally vague TOD as 1AM- to 4AM. The more recent "6 hours before being found" actually allows for the possibility of TOD before 11pm and makes speculation of the entire cronology which is based alot on TWs statements come into question. Especially the 11pm impression that LS and JC were alive and on the phone so if someone needs an alibi here it is....If the killer perpetrated the crime between 10-11pm and establishes his where abouts at 11pm. he has an alibi.....thanks to the belief we all all working under...that 11pm phone call.

It is accurate because Lisa was at work until 11pm. Johnny picked her up from work when her shift was over and they went to Lisa's house.

According to Tiffany she was on the phone with Johnny at 11 when all the ruckus went down, are you sure about the time?

I think quite a few people can verify that Lisa's shift was over at 11pm and that is when Johnny picked her up from work. So the Tiffany phone call was more likely 11:15 - 11:30pm.

i'm pretty positive that Lisa's shift was over at 10
(02-20-2011, 08:18 PM)onefortheroad Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 07:23 PM)ToledoNative Wrote: It is accurate because Lisa was at work until 11pm. Johnny picked her up from work when her shift was over and they went to Lisa's house.

I thought Lisa finished work at 10 that night?

ME TOO!!....I thought her shift ended at 10p
(02-20-2011, 08:25 PM)kitty1 Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 07:20 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: Yes...Vague isn't it....but I put it out there as statements are posted questioning the original and equally vague TOD as 1AM- to 4AM. The more recent "6 hours before being found" actually allows for the possibility of TOD before 11pm and makes speculation of the entire cronology which is based alot on TWs statements come into question. Especially the 11pm impression that LS and JC were alive and on the phone so if someone needs an alibi here it is....If the killer perpetrated the crime between 10-11pm and establishes his where abouts at 11pm. he has an alibi.....thanks to the belief we all all working under...that 11pm phone call.

It is accurate because Lisa was at work until 11pm. Johnny picked her up from work when her shift was over and they went to Lisa's house.

I think quite a few people can verify that Lisa's shift was over at 11pm and that is when Johnny picked her up from work. So the Tiffany phone call was more likely 11:15 - 11:30pm.

I think you are right. But either way, the phone call records would show who he was on the phone with and what time.
Tiffany says to the 911 dispatcher that she was on the phone with both of them but then Johnny hung up. Does that mean they were passing Lisa's cell phone back and forth talking to Tiffany?

Did anybody else catch this?
(02-20-2011, 07:02 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: Dr. Patrick said his office could not pinpoint a time of death, although it appears both died within six hours of being found.

Not to slam the coroner but, I could have given that exact same answer without even seeing the bodies.

Yes...Vague isn't it....but I put it out there as statements are posted questioning the original and equally vague TOD as 1AM- to 4AM. The more recent "6 hours before being found" actually allows for the possibility of TOD before 11pm and makes speculation of the entire cronology which is based alot on TWs statements come into question. Especially the 11pm impression that LS and JC were alive and on the phone so if someone needs an alibi here it is....If the killer perpetrated the crime between 10-11pm and establishes his where abouts at 11pm. he has an alibi.....thanks to the belief we all all working under...that 11pm phone call.

The first estimation is done by determining body temperature. Once the human body has had its life snuffed out, the body immediately ceases generating heat. This cooling process begins very rapidly, but after a period of just a few hours the cooling process slows down until it essentially is the same as the temperature surrounding it. Although a variety of factors enter into the equation, typically the process of cooling down to a plateau takes about twelve hours. And even at that, not every part of the body cools down at the same rate; the torso can remain warmer than the fingers, for instance. And then there is the interior temperature, which can take over twenty-four hours to cool down to the same level as the exterior. By establishing the temperature to which the body has cooled it becomes possible to roughly gauge the time of death.

Hypostasis is another means by which medical examiners can determine time of death. Hypostasis begins immediately upon expiration, but its effects usually take at least a half hour to become visible. Hypostasis is essentially the settling of the blood in the lower parts of the body following death and is marked by a purplish hue to the area. Hypostasis is also useful to coroners in determining some causes of death in addition to the time of death.

That being the case, why wouldn't Tiff or John Sr seen the
blood when they rang the doorbell? They said the car
was there, so whether the car was in the drive way or in
the garage, they had to be outside where steps would be.
front of house.
front of garage
any back door
(02-20-2011, 08:29 PM)ToledoNative Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 08:25 PM)kitty1 Wrote:

I think you are right. But either way, the phone call records would show who he was on the phone with and what time.
Tiffany says to the 911 dispatcher that she was on the phone with both of them but then Johnny hung up. Does that mean they were passing Lisa's cell phone back and forth talking to Tiffany?

yes. i think they were just passing phone back and forth imo
(02-20-2011, 08:30 PM)concerned Wrote:

The first estimation is done by determining body temperature. Once the human body has had its life snuffed out, the body immediately ceases generating heat. This cooling process begins very rapidly, but after a period of just a few hours the cooling process slows down until it essentially is the same as the temperature surrounding it. Although a variety of factors enter into the equation, typically the process of cooling down to a plateau takes about twelve hours. And even at that, not every part of the body cools down at the same rate; the torso can remain warmer than the fingers, for instance. And then there is the interior temperature, which can take over twenty-four hours to cool down to the same level as the exterior. By establishing the temperature to which the body has cooled it becomes possible to roughly gauge the time of death.

Hypostasis is another means by which medical examiners can determine time of death. Hypostasis begins immediately upon expiration, but its effects usually take at least a half hour to become visible. Hypostasis is essentially the settling of the blood in the lower parts of the body following death and is marked by a purplish hue to the area. Hypostasis is also useful to coroners in determining some causes of death in addition to the time of death.

The final determinant of the time of death is, of course, the onset of rigor mortis. While it is natural assume that the stiffness that accompanies rigor mortis would be the premier method of establishing the time of
death, in fact it is usually the path of last resort. The simple truth is that there are far too many variable factors involved, mostly according to weather conditions, that can affect the onset of rigor mortis. The body temperature effect is a much more reliable means of establishing time of death.

Check the entry here for Feb 12.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/topics/drug_wa..._countries
(02-20-2011, 08:23 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote:

Quoted statement:
"Dr. Patrick said his office could not pinpoint a time of death, although it appears both died within six hours of being found."

web address of quote:

http://beta.toledoblade.com/frontpage/20...calls.html

(02-20-2011, 08:29 PM)ToledoNative Wrote: I think you are right. But either way, the phone call records would show who he was on the phone with and what time.

Yes, I caught that too. I don't think she had her story straight at that point and wanted to keep her options open about who she spoke to.
(02-20-2011, 08:16 PM)Inspector Gary Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 07:05 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: Zero: Dr. Patrick said his office could not pinpoint a time of death, although it appears both died within six hours of being found.

the only thing precise about time of death in any case, is that it can never be precise. too many variables.
unless of course they are seen to die.

Here is one place where I read that the time of murder was between 1am and 4am. I just found it strange that 1am was suggested as the earliest time of death, since Tiffany's call was around 11pm. Just seems that the time of death would be estimated as sometime between 11pm-4am, rather than sometime between 1am-4am. Maybe I'm reading too much into this. It seems like I read/heard this several places, because it has stuck with me. This is an article that I found on Fox Toledo.

"Detectives suspect the murders were possibly the result of a robbery gone bad. The couple was murdered sometime between 1-4 a.m., at a home in the 2100 block of Longacre Lane near Pilliod Road, detectives said."

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/...-ohio-home

Quoted statement:
"Dr. Patrick said his office could not pinpoint a time of death, although it appears both died within six hours of being found."

web address of quote:

gee, thanks. they were seen alive within 6 hours of being found......

On LS Injustice page:
Maytee's niece"

"Maytee may have made "mistakes" but who didnt and who are you to judge her?? that was BEFORE she had kids when she was a teenager...? "

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll be this is what really has Maytee pissed off even more, the JVM page shows Maytee's rapsheet, and it is obvious from the dates she was extremely actively doing drugs and a lot of criminal behavior when Johnny was about 9 or 10 yrs old, not before she had kids like the niece says
About the time of death: I'm also surprised that they don't have the time of death listed as between the hours of 11pm -4 am. (Or even 10pm, when Lisa was last seen at work) The reason being is that from my own personal experience with my father, his time of death was listed as the last time he was known to be alive (Wednesday January 14 @ 3pm) & the time he was found deceased (Friday January 16 @ 9am) I spoke directly to the medical examiner who performed the autopsy & she would not narrow it down any farther than that although, without going into details, it was evident that he had not passed away anywhere near the time that he was found.
(02-20-2011, 08:30 PM)TotallyCurious Wrote: That being the case, why wouldn't Tiff or John Sr seen the
front of house.
front of garage
any back door

It was nighttime and there was no exterior light on.
(02-20-2011, 08:39 PM)catch22 Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 07:05 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: Zero: Dr. Patrick said his office could not pinpoint a time of death, although it appears both died within six hours of being found.

the only thing precise about time of death in any case, is that it can never be precise. too many variables.

Here is one place where I read that the time of murder was between 1am and 4am. I just found it strange that 1am was suggested as the earliest time of death, since Tiffany's call was around 11pm. Just seems that the time of death would be estimated as sometime between 11pm-4am, rather than sometime between 1am-4am. Maybe I'm reading too much into this. It seems like I read/heard this several places, because it has stuck with me. This is an article that I found on Fox Toledo.

"Detectives suspect the murders were possibly the result of a robbery gone bad. The couple was murdered sometime between 1-4 a.m., at a home in the 2100 block of Longacre Lane near Pilliod Road, detectives said."

Quoted statement:

web address of quote:

gee, thanks. they were seen alive within 6 hours of being found......

The doctor thinks they died sometime the week of the 31st...
(02-20-2011, 08:42 PM)onefortheroad Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 08:30 PM)TotallyCurious Wrote: That being the case, why wouldn't Tiff or John Sr seen the
front of house.
front of garage
any back door

It was nighttime and there was no exterior light on.

Hmm. I thought security companies insist on outdoor lighting.
(02-20-2011, 08:38 PM)onefortheroad Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 08:29 PM)ToledoNative Wrote: I think you are right. But either way, the phone call records would show who he was on the phone with and what time.

Yes, I caught that too. I don't think she had her story straight at that point and wanted to keep her options open about who she spoke to.

Yeah I caught that too, and thought maybe she was doing 3 way, but who knows....if this call was even with Johnny or with whomever had Johnny's phone!

Quoted statement:

web address of quote:

Thanks! I read what the coroner stated. I was just trying to figure out if there was something behind law enforcement's statement that the deaths occurred between 1am and 4am. Perhaps it was misinformation and the LE never stated that. If they did have reason to say that, then that would open up a lot of questions.