Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(04-01-2011, 12:34 PM)fabulous Wrote: I'm not saying that he's related to this case at all.... just found this to be interesting.

Bank Robber, being charged with attempted murder because he fired a shot at the bank teller. No one was injured.
(04-01-2011, 12:34 PM)fabulous Wrote: in the lucas county booking....there's a minor that's been charged with aggravated murder, springfiled twp. I won't say his name, but if I google his name, Toledo Blade articles come up, and I can't read the Toledo Blade at work anymore, now that they've switched it all up..... can someone else do the checking and see what his crime was?

(I hope I'm not in trouble for posting this!!)

I'm not saying that he's related to this case at all.... just found this to be interesting.

He was involved in a bank robbery. I saw that a week or so ago. I guess they just made him an adult.
ok- thanks guys for checking that. I'm so irritated that I can't read the damn blade at work! ha!
(04-01-2011, 11:48 AM)Freshbait78 Wrote: … I read a interview done by a news channel here with Verbosky. He seems certain that the killers were looking for a safe. If a safe never exsisted why would he be so certain of that? This has never made sense to me.… he says the pictures were off of the walls (I can understand hiding a wall safe behind a picture) Then he says that the walk in closet had holes punched in it (makes NO sense, you aren't going to install a wall safe & cover it with drywall)

You are applying your sense of fine logic to the situation. Put yourself in the position of the perpetrators and assume their less-developed mentality - that they heard about a safe or assumed that everyone in a nice neighborhood like that has a safe, and now they are frustrated by being unable to find it. Why wouldn't they punch holes in the walls out of desperation to find it?

Quote:Then I keep thinking about what Maytee said a week or so ago about her 1st exchange with Verbosky after the murders. She said something along the lines of : "He asked me if they got the safe…"

We do not know whether that is an accurate description of what he said. He may have simply commented to her, as he did to the press, that the conditions found upstairs made it look like they were looking for a built-in safe, and that none existed. In addition, if I were in his shoes, I would have been thinking about the cruel irony that the break-in and murders may have been motivated solely by a belief in something which never existed.

Quote: …Maybe the key that was found under Lisa was the key to the safe, they made her open the safe & took the contents? Again why lie about it?…

I don't see any internal inconsistency in what he said to the press. He said it looked like they were looking for a non-existent safe. In addition, having a home safe which opens with a key would be highly unusual. They almost all have combination locks, not key locks. (Another source has indicated that the key was to a storage locker.)

Freshbait78, Excellent post! #14253 I hope many read it over, a lot of things don't add up. If Johnny and Lisa moved into Maytees and lived there for almost 2 years, if any bragging was done by Johnny it would have been at the beginning of their relationship. We have no proof of any bragging done by Johnny - I am thinking he would be very protective of Lisa because of the angry ex-boyfriend, he wouldn't want to brag all over the place and have some robbery take place at the Straubs home - I think that would be the last thing he'd want - in the future they may be his new in-laws. Just my opinion here. So its all a bit of a puzzle Johnny and Lisa courting for that length of time - there were plenty of opportunities to go to the Straubs to do a robbery. I rule out robbery and still go along with Johnny's dad (it was planned) to murder them. The Uncle probably was not happy maybe along with many others in Lisa's family about Lisa being in LOVE with Johnny - thats the crux of it right there - it sounds to me like Verbosky was down right upset - I still wonder about this letter to Maytee from the Uncle.

Johnny and Lisa didn't get murdered because her parents had a nice home and all the extras - some angry bastard found out through the grapevine her mum and dad would be gone. All this drawers pulled out it looking like a movie I think is rubbish - dinars, keys and holes in the walls - right on freshbait 78. The Uncle asked if they got the safe to Maytee another snide remark.

Johnny and Lisa were murdered, by someone very angry - they just could not accept them being in LOVE. IMO
Wall Safe Models Overview

(04-01-2011, 03:53 PM)NightOwl Wrote: …We have no proof of any bragging done by Johnny - I am thinking he would be very protective of Lisa because of the angry ex-boyfriend, he wouldn't want to brag all over the place and have some robbery take place at the Straubs home…

Holding parties at the home prior to the night of the murders, inviting hoodrats, while Lisa's parents were on vacation and left the home in the care of Johnny and Lisa? IMHO I would not characterize that behavior as being protective of Lisa. Or of himself. Nor respective or protective of the Straubs and their home.

And what do you think of the scales found in the kitchen? Johnny and Lisa don't look like likely members of Weight-Watchers IMHO.

Quote:I still wonder about this letter to Maytee from the Uncle.

I do too, but my guess is that it was a request for her to refrain from behavior which he felt was inconsistent with the efforts of law enforcement. No doubt she would likely take offense at that.
(04-01-2011, 03:53 PM)NightOwl Wrote: Johnny and Lisa were murdered, by someone very angry - they just could not accept them being in LOVE. IMO

You should write a screenplay and contact Oliver Stone to help you make a movie supporting this "theory".

Russian
"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." - George Bernard Shaw Smiley_emoticons_fies
Addendum to my last Post #14265 I am only surmising here Maytee mentioned Lisa and a baby if Lisa was having a child that would really enrage someone out there maybe - Maytee mentioned the 3 and I've wondered off and on about that statement.
I still can't believe there is no news on whats going on??? It's driving me crazy that these little assholes are walking around and living their life and Johnny and Lisa can never do that again... Its a damn shame.. Weather LE catches them or not Im sure these little fuckers will get what they deserve because the life they are living is going to eat them alive... What goes around comes around when your dealing with the street life... IMO someone needs to speak out and stop being scared. IM so sick with all of this..
(04-01-2011, 04:24 PM)pplrcrazy Wrote: I still can't believe there is no news on whats going on??? It's driving me crazy that these little assholes are walking around and living their life and Johnny and Lisa can never do that again... Its a damn shame.. Weather LE catches them or not Im sure these little fuckers will get what they deserve because the life they are living is going to eat them alive... What goes around comes around when your dealing with the street life... IMO someone needs to speak out and stop being scared. IM so sick with all of this..

You know what's even crazier?

The ability people have to recycle the same shit and find it noteworthy of continued discussion.

"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." - George Bernard Shaw Smiley_emoticons_fies

Scales indicate drug dealing...straight up, there's no getting around that.

If they belonged to Lisa's parents for weighing food I will be delighted to come back & eat all the crow you all care to hand me.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I do not agree. You can talk about something numerous times and always come up with a different idea, like watching a movie more than once and everytime you see something different or understand in a different way. Don't you think that LE stays up all night and thinks about their cases and re-hashes them in their heads over and over to look that picture from different views???? I mean come on... People are allowed to discuss whatever they like and you can hit the mouse on your computer and scroll right on passed it if you don't like it but you don't you feel it noteworthy to reply back with a comment...
[quote='Duchess' pid='151917' dateline='1301689729']
[size=medium][i]

I agree, the fact not only did they recover scales but they also stated there we small baggies, I believe scattered around as well that LE found.
(04-01-2011, 04:19 PM)AriGold Wrote:
(04-01-2011, 03:53 PM)NightOwl Wrote: Johnny and Lisa were murdered, by someone very angry - they just could not accept them being in LOVE. IMO

You should write a screenplay and contact Oliver Stone to help you make a movie supporting this "theory".

Russian

AriGold Is this an April Fools comment from you or what LOL! Don't mock man one never knows...........I could be a mile off it is a theory and by gosh they may make a movie of it all yet.
(04-01-2011, 04:28 PM)Duchess Wrote:

If they belonged to Lisa's parents for weighing food I will be delighted to come back & eat all the crow you all care to hand me.

Duchess, Could the scales have been left laying around from the party the night before?
(04-01-2011, 04:31 PM)pplrcrazy Wrote: People are allowed to discuss whatever they like and you can hit the mouse on your computer and scroll right on passed it if you don't like it but you don't you feel it noteworthy to reply back with a comment...

Hence my previous comment.

Smiley_emoticons_wink

P.S. Your glaring use of run-on sentences really makes my head hurt.

NightOwl: I forgot it was April Fool's Day. In that case, yes.

Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
(04-01-2011, 04:17 PM)Methusala Wrote: Holding parties at the home prior to the night of the murders, inviting hoodrats,

Methusala, we don't know if they were all hoodrats and of course I do think Johnny would be protective of Lisa with regards to the ex-boyfriend - remember now Lisa was a party girl - this was their friends they invited over and maybe Lisa had permission even to have people over to play snooker - we don't know - then again maybe she was defiant and rebellious towards her parents, why then would they have her babysit the home while they are gone, sort of queer don't you think? From what I gather they had summer parties over there it is the in thing - if the Straubs went to the lake for the weekend there is a chance to go rob the home.

Scales out and baggies out spells drugs but, maybe thats from the night before.

The Uncle and the letter......Oh! Yes he could have written "stay the hell away from our family and don't dare appear at the funeral we don't want your kind." That is my opinion only - who knows. You don't know and I don't know Methusala. Happy April Fools' Day!
Just catching up...
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3