Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
70% of Americans believe in angels
(12-18-2010, 02:35 PM)Cracker Wrote:
(12-18-2010, 01:58 PM)Spiderlady Wrote: I don't believe in evolution in the sense that we all came from some big pile of ooze- to me, that takes a much bigger leap of faith than believing there is something out there that is bigger than we are that had a hand in designing such an intricate universe and all the things within it. I don't see how someone can look at all the things around us, and believe that it just 'happened'. I do believe animals and plants can adapt over generations to their surroundings.Flame me if you must.

I'm not going to flame you. The title of this thread indicates most people in America believe this.

You can't not believe in evolution then turn around and say animals and plants adapt over time, because the IS evolution. Adaptation over time= evolution. You can't have it both ways.

Please tell me what believers think of dinosaurs and Java man. I would love to know that. I won't be ugly.

I think there's a big difference in believing that we all came from some primordial ooze (did I spell that right?), and believing that animals and plants can adapt over seasons or generations.
I believe there were animal and plant types and that over the years, they can change and develop- I don't believe all the different types of dogs existed in the beginning, for example. But there was a type of dog in the beginning- wolves, coyotes, dogs and other dog-like creatures came from them.
The same with people - I think races of people developed and changed to adapt to their surroundings; I do believe we started out as humans.

Of course there were dinosaurs! doesn't this sound like a dinosaur?
Job 40:15 ΒΆ Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.
16 Lo now, his strength [is] in his loins, and his force [is] in the navel of his belly.
17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.

And Job 41 describes a sea creature:
19 Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.
20 Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.
21 His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.

Not familiar with Java man- I'll have to research into that so I can answer you. I am in no way claiming to be a Bible scholar, so it may take me a while to find answers.

As far as science goes- I believe in science. I also know that scientists are human, just like the rest of us. Some make mistakes, and some have agendas that they will do anything to further. As an example: I'm 52 years old- my mom's generation of young women were encouraged to smoke and to take drugs like thalidomide that were later proved to cause birth defects, to prevent morning sickness. Science was behind that. so we can't say science is perfect either.

Messages In This Thread
70% of Americans believe in angels - by Cracker - 12-16-2010, 06:10 PM
RE: 70% of Americans believe in angels - by Spiderlady - 12-18-2010, 03:07 PM