Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Joshua Davis - missing Texas toddler
i'm too cynical. i watched the mother crying tonight but saw no tears. i cannot get past the fact that baby couldn't have gone too far, yet cadaver dogs have not found him. did tracking dogs even pick up a scent? and i still want to know how a baby walked out and nobody noticed.

KENS5
SAN ANTONIO -- On Sunday, a mother and father prepare to go to bed with their toddler missing for a third straight night.

It was an emotional day for the parents of Joshua Davis Jr. First, authorities reported that their missing son might be dead. Then rumors surfaced that claimed the boy was found. However, this news ended up being false.

“I went to sleep and all I could hear was my baby crying and calling for mommy,” Sabrina Benitez said.

Sabrina Benitez has not experienced a good night’s rest in days since the mysterious disappearance of her 18-month-old son Joshua Davis Jr.

Authorities believe the toddler wandered away from his Savannah Hill Circle home Friday night.

“I just want to know he’s okay and that he’s still alive,” Benitez said.

Sunday proved to be an emotional roller coaster ride for the family. After 36-hours that spanned two evenings of sub-freezing temperatures, New Braunfels Police transitioned their search and rescue operation to a recovery effort. They fear the child could not withstand such harsh elements.

“As a response to that, we did bring in additional K9 search teams particularly ones that were specifically looking at cadaver dogs that search for a deceased person,” New Braunfels Police Lt. Michael Penshorn said.

Later that day, the family rushed to police headquarters after receiving word that someone posted a message on Facebook indicating someone found Davis. The message falsely reported Davis was found alive and doing well in a trailer about 10-miles away from his home on Hunter Road.

“They had my hopes up and then I came to find out this was all a joke. Whoever started that rumor, it was wrong of you,” Benitez said.

Benitez, who is expecting her next child in three weeks, believes her baby boy was abducted and now pleads for his safe return.

“He’s still out there; don’t give up looking for him. If you don’t want us to show your face, drop him off somewhere… so he could be back at home with us,” Benitez said.

Police are trying to track down the person responsible for posting the false Facebook messages. In the mean time the search for baby Joshua continues.

Joshua Davis is 2-feet tall and weighs 30 pounds. He was last seen wearing a blue and red long sleeve shirt, beige jeans, and black and white socks.

If you have any information on Davis’ whereabouts, give New Braunfels Police a call at 830- 221-4570.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joshua Davis - missing Texas toddler - by Lady Cop - 02-07-2011, 02:43 AM
RE: Joshua Davis - missing Texas toddler - by Kip - 02-08-2011, 06:30 PM