Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Michelle Le (26) missing, Hayward, CA 5/28/2011
esteban is looney tunes

Oakland Tribune

HAYWARD -- Police investigating the disappearance of Michelle Le have conducted a second search of the home of a "person of interest" -- a former friend who had a restraining order filed against her over concerns about threatening and erratic behavior three days before the nursing student vanished May 27.

The father of her child requested the restraining order against Giselle Esteban, 27, saying his former girlfriend appeared to be stalking him.

Esteban approached a television station when her Union City home was first searched May 28, saying that while she disliked Le and blamed her for ruining the relationship she had with former boyfriend, she had nothing to do with Le's disappearance.

Since then, she has not been available for comment, and police believe she moved back to San Diego where she and Le, 26, grew up and were high school friends.

In the restraining order filed May 24, Esteban's former boyfriend described behavior that had become increasingly disturbing after he was granted 80 percent custody of their 5-year-old daughter late last year.

It describes a December incident in which Esteban threatened to shoot herself if the man did not speak to her, and indicated that he believed her to be in possession of a firearm.

The petitioner stated that in February and March, she sent him text messages at least once a day "telling me to put a bullet in my brain."

It also stated Esteban said she was having him followed,
and she "has at times accurately informed me of what I had done the previous evening."

It said that on May 24, the man's mother found Esteban had entered their home uninvited and was standing outside the daughter's room. When asked what she was doing there, she said, "I'm messing with your son," before running away.

"My mother, brother and I are very concerned that she is trying to take our daughter," wrote the petitioner. "We are also very worried because this is an increased level of harassment."

A temporary restraining order was granted, prohibiting Esteban from getting within 100 yards of the family. A hearing is set for June 14.

The former boyfriend said Le has been a longtime close friend and that Esteban is mistaken in her accusation of Le ruining their relationship.

"There's no truth to any of that," he said.

He declined to comment further on the matter.

Hayward police said they returned to Esteban's house Monday night, but added that she is one of several "persons of interest" in the case.

Meanwhile, Le's family responded to the police department, which announced Monday that it considers the case a homicide based on evidence that had been collected.

"Even though Michelle's case is a different classification and even though Hayward police have given up finding Michelle alive, our family continues to maintain hope and faith in her return," said Son Le, her father. "Until the Hayward Police Department can offer conclusive and definite proof, we will continue to believe she is alive and needs to be rescued."

cousin, brother and father:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michelle Le (26) missing, Hayward, CA 5/28/2011 - by Lady Cop - 06-08-2011, 08:53 AM