Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sara and Max Apple - Ohio missing mom and child
well well

Newark Advocate:

NEWARK — Newark police have halted an investigation into the disappearance of Sara Apple after they determined she left voluntarily, possibly stealing money from her bank employer to flee, according to a Newark police news release.

“While there is still great interest in determining the safety of (her son) Max Apple, the police department is no longer, at this time, actively searching for Sara Apple as the victim of any crime,” according to the news release.

Sara Apple, who was responsible for the money management in the family, failed to make significant payments on financial obligations, such as mortgage and car payments, according to a Newark police news release. Numerous checks were returned with insufficient funds. She created new bank accounts, and police found undelivered “goodbye” letters to family and friends.

They also found a “to do” list of products to obtain and actions to delay her discovery, according to the news release.

Heath police was notified about a significant shortfall in Sara Apple’s Thursday banking till at Fiberglas Federal Credit Union, Newark police Sgt. Scott Snow said. No complaint had been filed with Heath police Tuesday, Sgt. Craig Black said.

Newark police will maintain an open investigation and consider possible criminal charges such as inducing panic or interference with custody.

Sara Apple’s husband, Chris, said he would speak with attorneys to file for divorce and seek custody of his son.

“My son’s been taken from me. I think it’s horrible,” Chris Apple said.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sara and Max Apple - Ohio MISSING - by Kip - 06-13-2011, 02:18 PM
RE: Sara and Max Apple - Ohio missing mom and child - by Lady Cop - 06-14-2011, 04:43 PM