Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Do you ever wonder about people you don't know?
A few years ago, right after school started, two kids were killed when they were hauling ass on their way home from work at the local grocery store. They hit a tree right around the corner from one kid's house.

I don't know the family, but one of my kids knew the boy and pointed his house out to me. It is in the neighborhood across the main road from me that we cut through sometimes to go to the local strip mall.

At first, there were tons of high school kids over there, consoling the parents, I guess. Letting them know they weren't alone. Then a few months later, there were no kids but the yard and house looked nice with fresh planted flowers and kempt lawn.

Six months later the house started looking pretty bad (but it was winter, so they get a pass). Last year the lawn was looking rough and the plants were all dead.

Today I cut through on my way to buy some Pinesol (it's fixin' to get all piney up in here!), and I saw the house was foreclosed. I guess the neighbors were keeping their stuff up for them the first few months, but after that they were left to their own fate.

I feel badly for them. I think it was their only kid. They have had a fucked up couple of years.

I had a fucked up couple of years, very close to their kind of fucked up, but I keep the grass cut and house note paid. I wish they could have found a way to be OK.

Bless you people that I don't know. Hold on.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.

Messages In This Thread
Do you ever wonder about people you don't know? - by Cracker - 08-20-2011, 12:30 PM