Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
WHOOPS! Florida Police accidentally kill the wrong man.
Sorry, but I am headed to a knock on my door at 1:30 AM armed as well. I am not opening the door before I know who is on the other side and I am certainly not pointing a gun when I open the door, but I guess I should be shot as well if the police make a mistake? Fuck that.

It's law enforcements responsibility to be reasonably certain that they are in the right place. I'm not entirely comfortable with the fact they approached that apartment because a motorcycle was parked in front of it. I looked on google maps, and the parking areas are common and not specific to apartments. A little more diligence probably could have avoided this.

Should he have been pointing a gun? Hell no! But who knows - maybe he didn't point it, and dead men tell no tales. But I don't fault him for answering the door at 1:30 AM armed. No one else should either.

Tragic all around, he's dead and some LEO's life just changed forever because of a mistake.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WHOOPS! Florida Police accidentally kill the wrong man. - by Jimbone - 07-18-2012, 01:51 PM