Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School
(12-15-2012, 03:49 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-15-2012, 03:43 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I find it interesting that his dad, who apparently lives nearby, is not saying anything.

Can you elaborate on that a little? I'm curious to know what you'd like to see him say or do 24 hrs. after being told his son slaughtered a kindergarten class & his own mother as well as a few others.

I'm sure he's not wanting to bring attention to himself, but I think by at least acknowledging that 'yes, he was my son' it will actually reduce the burden on him over the years to come.

For instance, in September here in Minneapolis, a 36 year old man was fired from his job. He promptly went to his car and retrieved a gun. He then murdered the owner of the business and 5 other people before killing himself.

His parents immediately made a public appearance. They noted how their son was struggling with mental problems and recently had taken a turn for the worse. They offered condolences to the victims and looked to be genuinely hurt.

I think a little heartfelt emotion on the part of his dad at this time would be beneficial to all parties. People are looking for someone to blame now (because the perp is dead). Whether he likes it or not, attention will drift his way.

Just my opinion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School - by Midwest Spy - 12-15-2012, 04:01 PM