08-19-2013, 01:05 PM
(08-07-2013, 11:03 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I hope they behead him with a hacksaw live on the internet.
If he isn't classed as a terrorist who da fuck is these days?
Honestly, I'm not comprehending some of the judge's rulings in this case.
It appears that the military court doesn't want the inference that Hasan was in fact a self-radicalized terrorist to be presented, though that's the prosecution's contention (personally, I think it's pretty obvious).
Here's the latest on the judge's rulings.
SNIP:
The judge, Col. Tara Osborn, refused to allow prosecutors to use materials they maintain show Maj. Nidal Hasan's interest in the actions of Army Sgt. Hasan Akbar, the American soldier sentenced to death for killing two soldiers and wounding more than a dozen others at the start of the Iraq war -- an attack he said he carried out to stop soldiers from killing Muslims.
"The court believes Sgt. Akbar is not on trial in this case," Osborn said. "It would only open the door to a mini-trial" and confuse the issue.
He's (Hasan) also left little question about why he did it, repeatedly saying before the trial started that he was acting to protect Taliban leaders in Afghanistan from the U.S. military.
Prosecutors hope to show that the devout Muslim had undergone a "progressive radicalization," going so far as to give academic presentations in defense of suicide bombings.
But Osborn declined to allow the prosecution to allow much of the evidence that prosecutors say goes to motive, saying "motive is not an element of the crime."
She also said the evidence, particularly the e-mails with Anwar al-Awlaki of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, would create undue prejudice.
Full story:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/19/justice/ni...al-monday/