Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School
(11-25-2013, 09:59 PM)crash Wrote: Maybe she thought buying him weapons was her way of 'staying off the list'..

I don't go into my niece's room because it's a mess, and she's not a child, and it's her's, and I give her privacy. BUT, it's my house and she's under my care. I COULD go in there any time I damn well pleased. If she were anti-social, unable to attend school or maintain familial relationships, or anything more maddening than the normal lazy angst-ridden teen, I'd be watching her like a hawk.

Having said that, I understand a parent not wanting to think their child would/could do anything so evil and heinous.

What I don't understand is how a parent lets a teen who they know is so deeply disturbed call the shots. Even if the parent is in denial about what the child might do to others, wouldn't a normal parent be checking to make sure their child wasn't preparing to hurt himself and keeping control of weapons in the house?

Even If you, as a parent, were afraid OF one of your own children, wouldn't you also be afraid FOR him/ her?

Mrs. Lanza is dead. That sucks. But, Mrs. Lanza could have done more to save herself and 26 other people, including her son, IMO. Maybe I just don't understand full parenting and how most would have handled the situation though - open to that possibility.

Anyway, this snipped part of the report had me shaking my head.

Mock parents: how the hell does this happen?

Snip:
In Lanza’s home, police found a spreadsheet of mass murders, photographs of Lanza holding a gun to his head, multiple firearms, and “many edged weapons, knives, swords, spears, etc.”

At the home where Lanza lived with his mother, police found Adam Lanza’s bedroom windows taped over with black trash bags. Police also found multiple articles about school shootings, including one about the 2008 shooting at Northern Illinois University and another “pertaining to the shooting of school children” in 1891.

“Investigators found a large number of firearms and related items in the home,” the report states. “All firearms involved in these incidents were legally purchased by the shooter’s mother over the years.”

Adam Lanza had not been in touch with his older brother, Ryan, since 2010. Lanza's relationship with his father also apparently "deteriorated" in 2010. Lanza's mother, Nancy, was not allowed in his room.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School - by HairOfTheDog - 11-26-2013, 02:19 AM