Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School
I think it's good that the details were released to the public; helps heighten awareness of what to look for and why it's important to take action before someone like Adam Lanza has a chance to take his rage out on innocent victims.

There aren't enough free beds to assist those with mental illness and sometimes people get turned away, especially in rural areas. It's a serious problem and the results are sometimes tragic and fatal.

I don't think that was Mrs. Lanza's problem though.

If she had been monitoring her mentally ill son and filed a petition for him to be committed (or even called the cops and gone from there), all of those bright red flags in his bedroom would likely have classified him as a danger to society and a priority admittance. She also had money and could have sought private institutionalization. (Hell, if she'd simply gotten rid of all "her" guns in order to protect her mentally ill son from himself and others, 26 people might well still be alive.)

She instead chose to give him more guns, buy guns for him and illegally claim that they were for herself alone, and allow him total solitude in the home - communicating with him only by email for the three months prior to his killing spree. Those are the claims of a journalist whose book will be released on Monday. I believe at least some of them are true - they jibe with the details within the investigative report that was released to the public last week. Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...veals.html

Mr. Lanza also knew that his son was mentally ill and how his ex-wife was "handling" the situation. He bears some responsibility too for not staying engaged or intervening. Two years without communicating with his son; that doesn't excuse him - it makes him a contributing factor, IMO.

Anyway, it's hard to believe that it will be a year next week.

4242RIP to those who lost their lives...4242

[Image: article-2517116-19B93E7300000578-644_634x784.jpg]

Note: Mrs. Lanza is bottom right corner - I view her more as an accomplice than a victim, but this was the collage released to the media.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School - by HairOfTheDog - 12-07-2013, 10:33 AM