Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School
I agree that some types of killers will turn to alternate weapons if they can't get guns, and some types of killers prefer other weapons over guns anyway, Biggie. We've all acknowledged that in this and other threads.

But, that's not true for all killers. Adam Lanza was a weird kid who reportedly had Asberger's, didn't go to school, didn't have friends, only communicated with his mom in the home by email for months, was fascinated with the Columbine killers... He was weak, physically and socially. BUT, his mom gave him free access to all of her guns, had taken him out to the firing range many times, etc...

In this specific case, I don't believe the killer would have had the know-how or means to arrange a straw purchase, build a bomb, plan and execute an arson in that school complex which could kill as many people, stab/slash 26 people to death in minutes, etc.. He needed guns and they were right there in his reach.

Still, no existing gun law would have prevented him from attacking Sandy Hook. I think his mother should have known better than to provide him access to guns, and she should have entered her troubled son's room once in a while to see what he was up to. There was a lot of planning evidence found in his room. If mom had been smarter or more realistic (or had him institutionalized), the Sandy Hook massacre probably would never have happened. Adam Lanza is responsible for what he did with the family guns, but his mom also holds a lot of blame in my book.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School - by HairOfTheDog - 12-15-2015, 06:27 PM