Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
the 2024 trivial, boring drivel thread
(04-29-2024, 12:25 PM)Duchess Wrote: Every now & then I creep on some of the people I went to school with and I recently found out one of them is a death doula. 

I have been sitting on this post for a while, wanting to respond and I realize I have such a long response in my head.

About 10 years ago I experienced the deaths of several people in a pretty short period of time, or at least over a 2 year period. I don't think I have a fear of dying, but I definitely did not want to get close to anyone else who was sick and dying, that scared me.
A man I worked for was dying and he had just lost his 22 year old son a couple of years prior. It is one of the reasons I came to the mountain.
During that time a friend from college passed, a friend in the neighboorhood and another guy in the community. And I can't remember all of them at this moment, but it was a lot. 

A lady I house sat for, who strangely so has passed-in my first years up here had a book "The Tibetan Book on Living and Dying" by Sogyal Rinpoche. It was so good and really helped me through working with this person who I knew was dying. It helped me see that it was such an honor to be a part of that process with him and his family.

I highly recommend that book, I'm not sure if it will address a person's fear of dying, but either way it is a good read.

All that to say-I respect those who are able to work in the field in any capacity where death is imminent.

Messages In This Thread
the 2024 trivial, boring drivel thread - by crash - 01-02-2024, 12:54 AM
RE: the 2024 trivial, boring drivel thread - by MirahM - 04-30-2024, 02:13 PM