Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AJ HADSELL - 18, VA. -- MISSING/FOUND DEAD
[Image: 274A4CFD00000578-0-image-m-16_1428611993894.jpg]
Anjelica 'AJ' Hadsell,^ 18, has been missing since March 2, when she was on a break from Longwood University in Farmville, Virginia and home in Norfolk.

Two days after Hadsell vanished, police received a tip that she had been seen on the Virginia Commonwealth University campus, two hours away from where she was last seen by her family.

Investigators had previously said there is no evidence of foul play, but her family and friends have said she wouldn't disappear on purpose.

[Image: 2769269A00000578-0-image-m-9_1428611743807.jpg]
Her stepdad Wesley Hadsell ^ was arrested for breaking into the home of one of AJ's male friends three weeks back. He said he was looking for AJ. He was arrested on March 21 after being interrogated by police for more than 15 hours.

While searching the property for around 15 minutes, he claims that he discovered her jacket.

'I was just trying to make the evidence come to light,' he said. 'It's not like I had the jacket, I didn't plant the jacket, I didn't know anything about that. It was the fact of the overwhelming information that led me there.'

The stepfather has aroused local suspicions because he has a lengthy felony criminal record. In 2005, his ex-wife went missing for several days and he was reportedly arrested after allegedly kidnapping her and driving her across multiple states. He also served over 4 years in prison for a bank robbery.

Wesley and his wife, AJ's mom, were estranged when he was arrested, but it is not clear what their relationship was at the time of the disappearance.

Jennifer Busby, AJ's mother, said she received text messages from her daughter's phone shortly after he disappearance but was not sure that the person sending them was actually the missing girl.

Wesley Hadsell was denied bond and the judge said the he was trying to impede the investigation into his stepdaughter's disappearance, according to the Virginian-Pilot.

He admitted to increasing cocaine use, but said that he just wants to see his daughter home.

Police had focused their search on a pond near Carrsville last week after receiving a tip that her cell phone may be below its surface.

Today, human remains were found outside a residence in Franklin, police said. Franklin is around 40 miles from Norfolk.

The body has been sent to the Chief Medical Examiner's Office to be identified and to determine the cause of death. The FBI is now involved in the investigation, police said.

Wesley Hadsell, 36, had not been named a suspect and has insisted he does not know where AJ is. He faces charges of obstructing justice, possessing ammunition and breaking and entering.

Ref: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-teen.html

Messages In This Thread
AJ HADSELL - 18, VA. -- MISSING/FOUND DEAD - by HairOfTheDog - 04-09-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: AJ HADSELL - 18, VA. -- MISSING/FOUND DEAD - by Gareet33 - 05-27-2015, 02:00 AM