Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Your Youngest Memories Reveal About You
Don't remember anything from when I was real young.

I remember when I was about 5 or 6,  I got a bike for my birthday.  It was beautiful, red, shiny chrome wheel covers, colored steamers coming out of the handle bars caps, mirror, shiny white seat, training wheels, I loved it.

The only thing wrong with it was I was 5 years too young for it! It was a " 20" 2 wheeler, I could never have reached the peddles for years to come! My folks wanted to get their money's worth, and wanted it to last me for years, but it would have been years before I could reach the peddles! So it had to go back & then they got me a 10" two wheeler. (With training wheels)

Then when I was going on around 7, at Easter time my mom bought me an Overcoat that was 2 or 3 sizes too big for me.
Again, they wanted to get their money's worth, and for it to last me for years.
As it turned out on Easter Sunday, we came home from church, and I was climbing up the front steps going into our house, and my foot got caught in the oversize coat's bottom hem, and I fell against and smashed the glass storm door, and I got a gash on my wrist.
It was a deep gash, I needed stitches so we had to go to our family doc and I got 4 or 5 stitches, "with NO anesthesia! My folks were happy that came in to his office to stitch me up on Easter Sunday.
It hurt like hell!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Your Youngest Memories Reveal About You - by Carsman - 11-14-2021, 10:41 PM