Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Curiosity-- NASA Mars landing Monday
(08-06-2012, 04:08 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Great case you made.

Bravo.

I could have made a much more thorough argument about how the medical and pharm industries have actually discovered a great many products that would retard or reverse growth of various cancer cells, and that they also have a very good idea what carcinogens we have pumped into our bodies are the likely culprits for a lot of the problems.

But,

Finding a cure for cancer using products that occur in nature happens all the time, but natural products cannot be successfully marketed because they cannot be patented. This is part of the reason there was so much resistance to medical marijuana legalization. Instead, bigpharm finds a way to MIMIC the natural product chemically, which can then be sold for vast profit as a patented medicine. Much of the millions donated by well-meaning idiots like yourself goes directly to this effort and into marketing, not into cures.

Consider: if AIDS and/or cancer were suddenly cured, thousands would be spared a painful death, but HUNDREDS of thousands would be put out of a job. Scientists, researchers, drug manufacturers, charity hawks, various shills who make their living on the fringes of said cottage industry...hell, even the fuckwits who make those useless ribbons you all buy would be out of luck if we suddenly cured breast cancer or something else with big press.

And before you accuse me of totally derailing the Mars landing thread with this stuff, I can tell you the circumstances are exactly the same for both causes. You ask WHY we go to Mars?

Because it gives thousands of people employment, and we as a civilization are ultimately better for it. Same as cancer research. People have jobs, careers and lives because of that little dune buggy taking pictures of rocks.

So shut the fuck up until you have a thought in your head that isn't spit from your average right-wing radio personality.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Curiosity-- NASA Mars landing Monday - by Donovan - 08-06-2012, 05:28 PM