Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School
(02-19-2013, 03:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-19-2013, 03:32 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Why is this 'speculation' so hard to accept?

Are you serious?

They are presenting opinions as fact. This is supposed to be a legitimate media organization, CBS News. That's not legitimate reporting, not by any stretch of the imagination.

So, you're more upset by the speculation from a legitimate news organization presenting it as fact, than the possibility that the speculation is true?

If that's so, I understand your outrage.

I do believe that this 'speculation' probably has quite a bit of truth to it, but the police just haven't released their final report yet.

Lanza was mentally unhinged, I think we can all agree on that. If he was obsessed with Breivik, that wouldn't shock me at all.

I hope the police report confirms a couple of things: 1) Did Lanza have an altercation the day before at the elementary school with staff? This could certainly prove that he was casing the place prior to the attack. 2) Did he try to purchase weapons on his own a few days before the slaughter? Who would then get notified when a 20 year old tries to buy weapons, and would there be any reason to find fault with someone who didn't notify authorities?

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School - by Midwest Spy - 02-19-2013, 03:51 PM