Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School

Just so you all know, I got this from the Daily Mail, the same rag I often laugh at & question their facts.

According to an article in the New Yorker magazine, Shannon Hicks, a reporter and photographer with local paper the Newtown Bee and a volunteer firefighter, spoke to one seven-year-old shortly afterwards.

She was on her way to the firehouse, which is 350 yards from the school and where the survivors were taken, when the boy asked her a question.

The New Yorker article reads: ‘He asked her if there had been a wild animal in the building.

‘Yes honey’, she said. As the boy’s class continued to the firehouse she heard the children whispering to each other down the line 'a wild animal, a wild animal, a wild animal.’

The article also reveals that police initially thought that there could be up to 60 victims and tells of the moment that parents realized their children were among the victims.

Mums and dads had been asked to come to the firehouse but as the number of children left to be claimed got fewer and fewer it felt like the ‘room was filling up with some kind of gas’, said John Voket, another reporter with the Newtown Bee.

When one mother realized that her child would not be coming back, a rabbi who was in the firehouse stood by her asking her to breathe.

He said: ‘My focus was cardiac arrest. I didn’t want the physiological reaction to kill her.’
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School - by Duchess - 02-25-2013, 01:02 PM