Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School
You didn't sound like you were defending them, to me. It's a fact that the parents knew their son Adam Lanza wasn't right and that they did take him to psychiatrists, counselors and such.

But, even if Nancy Lanza wanted to care for son at home (understandable), and even if Adam was misdiagnosed, and even if violence was not something they could have foreseen, their response to his anti-social troubling behavior was to walk away from it or ignore and enable it.

So, I agree that they were horribly irresponsible parents, with or without having sought outpatient psychiatric and counseling assistance. I'd be surprised if any of those professionals told Mr. Lanza that cutting off all communication with his young troubled anti-social son for years was good for the kid, or if those professionals advised Nancy Lanza to indulge her young troubled anti-social son by supplying him with an arsenal of firearms and allowing him to isolate himself in the house and not check his environment (plenty of red flags in his room).

Now Mr. Lanza says he wishes his son had never been born. That doesn't surprise me; I wonder how many times Adam Lanza figured his father felt that way? Mr. Lanza seems to have completely distanced himself from his son when the kid was alive.

Anyway, there are probably several family members and loved ones of Adam Lanza's victims who share Mr. Lanza's sentiment and wish that Adam Lanza had never been born too, or at least wish that his parents had been engaged or responsible enough not to have handed him the murder weapons.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School - by HairOfTheDog - 03-11-2014, 08:30 AM