Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Brothel open for business … in a Chinese hospital
(01-15-2013, 05:04 PM)username Wrote:
(01-15-2013, 04:52 PM)DMP Wrote:
(01-15-2013, 02:36 PM)username Wrote:
(01-15-2013, 02:18 PM)DMP Wrote: IDK, if I had a long term issue getting pregnant - I would definitely consider adoption. To each his own but, I think the overpopulation issues in China make it more of an issue. The fact that female infants are defintely aborted and possibly killed, makes a good case for adoption to me.

Why would it take a long term issue getting pregnant for you to consider adoption? If you're worried about children in China you could forego having a biological child and adopt.

Because a) I have 2 kids of my own (no more, tyvm). b) I don't live in China. c) I'm fertile as fuck and if I wanted to have more kids, it would be no issue.

My point was that if I was one of the couples they are talking about in the article who have had infertility issues, I would think of adopting. I said after 'long term' issues because a lot of people do want to have biological children for their own reasons.

I don't live in a country where my offspring may be destroyed upon birth if it is not the right gender so, the issue isn't the same in the US.

I'm sure many of them do consider adoption but the fertile as fuck people that care about kids being killed/orphaned in their country ought to be considering it too instead of bearing biological children.

Pretty sure that even if I wasn't fertile and had the same issues that these people were having, I am pretty sure that a brothel hospital wouldn't be my first avenue. If, in the US, the female infant issue were the same as in China - I definitely would've considered adoption right along with having biological children. As a matter of fact, even without that same societal issue, I considered adoption. But fortunately, I do live in the US and have the freedom to give birth to as many females as I wish. The reason this story seems so ridiculous to me is that it almost completely ignores the major issue that China has with overpopulation and a pronounced distain for female infants. There was a newstory (I may be wrong but, I even think it may have been linked in LC's cell block) about a bunch of female infants (full term) that were found discarded in the back of a hospital in China. The article went on to describe that even though it is supposedly illegal now to basically kill female infants (after a certain amount already have been born to one family) - the practice still continues.
"My thing is this; if I'm sick enough to think it, then I'm sick enough to say it."

"The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed."

Eminem

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brothel open for business … in a Chinese hospital - by DMP - 01-19-2013, 09:06 PM