Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
DON'T GO TO CHURCH

I think it's a bad idea unless your church is loving & tolerant of everyone.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-02-2013, 12:23 PM)Duchess Wrote:

. . . unless your church is loving & tolerant of everyone.

Sorry.

I'd have a tough time with an group who is loving and tolerant of pedophiles, rapists, murderers and ADHD mixed-race kids.

Ugh. I never take into account the fuck ups when I make these blanket statements.

This is what happened - I had already thought about Kid & his new religious girlfriend and how that probably won't work out because he's not into the religious aspect and then I read about a former NFL player who was scheduled to speak at a church but when the church discovered the player had sent a tweet in support of the gay basketball player they cancelled his talk. I think that's fucked up and not godly or tolerant. Self righteous, holier than thou people make me irate.
(05-02-2013, 01:00 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I read about a former NFL player who was scheduled to speak at a church but when the church discovered the player had sent a tweet in support of the gay basketball player they cancelled his talk. I think that's fucked up and not godly or tolerant. Self righteous, holier than thou people make me irate.

I think all religions should stay true to their core beliefs. If they don't then I see them as pandering, disingenuous douchebags.

It's kinda like why I would never patronize a rib joint owned by someone named Goldstein or Mammoudie . . .

I don't think it's in the spirit of God to discriminate. Churches talk about the law of God, that all people are God's children, that he doesn't differentiate between them yet that's exactly what some churches do. It makes me uncomfortable to say that church is a crock of shit & I'm not uplifted by so much of their bullshit, most of the time I don't even recognize the God they talk about because it's not the one I know. I don't like the dictating that goes on, it bugs the snot outta me.
(05-02-2013, 01:28 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I don't think it's in the spirit of God to discriminate.

And there are religions that reflect that tenet.

There are religions that hold women as subservient.

There are religions who promote violence against those outside the fold.

There are religions that prohibit the carnivore lifestyle.

It's truly wonderful that we have so many tax-exempt choices.

Praise God!

You fucker! Stop being so logical. Dramaqueen

For calling you a fucker - Love3
I like the way "the host" melts in your mouth and not in your hands.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
You don't have worry about me going to church, besides for not believing in it, it gives me the creeps. Jesus hanging on the wall, stained glass windows which give off a dark red glow, creepy organ music, musty smell, no it's not for me.

I used to clean a church and I ended up getting fired because I was in such hurry to get the hell out there that I was leaving garbage on the pews.
I don't go to church, I have tried, I don't fit in. I don't like the way some of them behave. I don't think that they are living what they are preaching. It's just not my scene.
(05-02-2013, 01:16 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 01:00 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I read about a former NFL player who was scheduled to speak at a church but when the church discovered the player had sent a tweet in support of the gay basketball player they cancelled his talk. I think that's fucked up and not godly or tolerant. Self righteous, holier than thou people make me irate.

I think all religions should stay true to their core beliefs. If they don't then I see them as pandering, disingenuous douchebags.

It's kinda like why I would never patronize a rib joint owned by someone named Goldstein or Mammoudie . . .

+1
(05-03-2013, 04:06 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I don't think that they are living what they are preaching.

Those that live in the Bible Belt came to mind when I read that. They are the most intolerant group of people ever or how about those fuckers that make up the congregation of Westboro Baptist.
The Westboro people are the opposite of Christian.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(05-02-2013, 03:41 PM)sally Wrote: I used to clean a church and I ended up getting fired because I was in such hurry to get the hell out there that I was leaving garbage on the pews.

hah

In my mind's eye I'm seeing soiled napkins, KFC Buckets, Egg McMuffin wrappers and empty Skittles bags.
(05-03-2013, 07:51 AM)ramseycat Wrote: The Westboro people are the opposite of Christian.

The fat simpleton strikes again.
(05-03-2013, 10:40 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 03:41 PM)sally Wrote: I used to clean a church and I ended up getting fired because I was in such hurry to get the hell out there that I was leaving garbage on the pews.

hah

In my mind's eye I'm seeing soiled napkins, KFC Buckets, Egg McMuffin wrappers and empty Skittles bags.

Lots of soiled napkins and dirty tissues they did God knows what with.
(05-03-2013, 10:49 AM)sally Wrote: Lots of soiled napkins and dirty tissues they did God knows what with.

I guess if they were part of the "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" sect, they wouldn't need a cleaning service.

In their defense, I don't recall any Gospel telling of Jesus picking up trash.

Or one indicating his disciples adopted a stretch of road and patroled for litter.
(05-03-2013, 10:48 AM)sally Wrote:
(05-03-2013, 07:51 AM)ramseycat Wrote: The Westboro people are the opposite of Christian.

The fat simpleton strikes again.

More of the same boring insults.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies