Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I bought a microscope today.
It's really cool to look at cells on a molecular level. A book came with it with a ton of experiments. Different clicks on the scope brings cellular life up close. I was looking at leaves, hair, spider webs all kinds of stuff. A great learning tool for the kids and I can look at my coins at 900x magnification.
I want to look at live sperms cells sometime. It should be fun if I can get my wife involved. She is a masters of science major after all ya know.

Does anyone have a microscope?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Wow. That brings back memories!

I got a really cheap one for Christmas when I was a little kid. It didn't have a light... just a mirror you have to angle to get light to bounce up through the aperture on the stage. It also came with a dozen or so prepped specimen slides... so I looked at flowers, insect parts, whatever else that was in the kit.

Thanks for jogging that in my brain. I hadn't thought about that in decades!

Oh, and no, I don't have one anymore.
(06-04-2013, 10:26 PM)Maggot Wrote: I want to look at live sperms cells sometime. It should be fun if I can get my wife involved.

la la la LA LA LA!
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(06-04-2013, 10:34 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Wow. That brings back memories!

I got a really cheap one for Christmas when I was a little kid. It didn't have a light... just a mirror you have to angle to get light to bounce up through the aperture on the stage. It also came with a dozen or so prepped specimen slides... so I looked at flowers, insect parts, whatever else that was in the kit.

Thanks for jogging that in my brain. I hadn't thought about that in decades!

Oh, and no, I don't have one anymore.

It took me a bit to figure out how to turn the light on! The instructions don't tell you how so I had to mess with it to find out you have to turn the bottom magnification lens around to make contact with the battery terminals and the bulb lites up there is no switch. I must have messed with it for 15-20 min trying to figure it out.
(06-04-2013, 10:43 PM)crash Wrote:
(06-04-2013, 10:26 PM)Maggot Wrote: I want to look at live sperms cells sometime. It should be fun if I can get my wife involved.

la la la LA LA LA!

hah [Image: 51pEEIZsg2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg]
You're a funny dude Maggot. I bet your wife is never bored with you. Boredom can be a killer in a relationship, that and claustrophobia.
(06-04-2013, 11:15 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Boredom can be a killer in a relationship, that and claustrophobia.

Not to mention human papillomavirus (HPV)!
(06-04-2013, 11:51 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(06-04-2013, 11:15 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Boredom can be a killer in a relationship, that and claustrophobia.

Not to mention human papillomavirus (HPV)!

eewww I have stayed away from that thread deliberately. You Yankees love yer sex don't ya?

Addit: I miss Boom Boom Washington, them were the good old days of Welcome Back Kotter.
(06-04-2013, 11:53 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Addit: I miss Boom Boom Washington, them were the good old days of Welcome Back Kotter.

Mr. Kotterrrrrr....

For a couple hundred US dollars, you can carry Boom Boom with you everywhere.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7eYSyF8_YAz_FsIVSY3e...E6kOuEN0SQ]

Two Sweathogs dead, one a Scientologist who's morphing into a vamp, and then there's Freddie.

You might actually have chosen the best guy of the lot this time, aussie. I don't even think he's gay either.

Add: I don't have a microscope. But, I have a magnifying glass and I used to have a telescope. The telescope was great for overnight trips to the desert.
(06-04-2013, 10:26 PM)Maggot Wrote: I want to look at live sperms cells sometime.

Here you go, Maggot:

[Image: Paris_Hilton_21_8505.jpg]
Commando Cunt Queen
(06-05-2013, 12:06 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Two Sweathogs dead, one a Scientologist who's morphing into a vamp, and then there's Freddie.

You might actually have chosen the best guy of the lot this time, aussie. I don't even think he's gay either.

I was inconsolable when Horshack died.
(06-05-2013, 12:16 AM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(06-05-2013, 12:06 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Two Sweathogs dead, one a Scientologist who's morphing into a vamp, and then there's Freddie.

I was inconsolable when Horshack died.

I imagine so.

Please tell me that you weren't one of the many fans who were surprised, upon his death, to learn that he was secretly gay! I liked some of his stage work after Kotter - seemed like a good guy. RIP. I was shocked to learn that the secret was a secret to anyone though; didn't think you really had to put him under a microscope to see his orientation (weak attempt to stay on topic).

When Ron Palillo died on Aug. 14, 2012, TMZ reported that he "was found by his partner of many years Joseph Gramm." That is how many of his fans learned for the first time that the actor was gay......
I had no idea! Just think I may have lived my life never knowing if it was not for you. I just can't pick 'em. I don't have that gaydar thing.
Wow Maggs, now you can look at "dust mites" up close and personal!
Some things are better left unseen. hah

(No scope here, only a 20x magnifier)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I use a couple small microscopes and even have one I can carry in my pocket but it's hard to use and only about 125x. I have access to a school science lab microscope from the '40's but it's not in good shape.

I keep meaning to buy a good one but never get around to it.

It's a very big world when you look at it at 450x. But then it's a pretty big world no matter how you look at it.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
(06-05-2013, 07:35 PM)cladking Wrote: I use a couple small microscopes and even have one I can carry in my pocket but it's hard to use and only about 125x. I have access to a school science lab microscope from the '40's but it's not in good shape.

I keep meaning to buy a good one but never get around to it.

It's a very big world when you look at it at 450x. But then it's a pretty big world no matter how you look at it.

This thing goes 900x and up. You can use different dyes to bring out the cellular structure. Iodine is one catalyst. I just fed some pond water a couple pcs of rice to look at the creatures wiggling around in a petri dish, and will look at them in the next couple of days.

At a different setting 450x a coin looks very cool!
I might even find 7/11's brain but this thing is not nuclear powered it works on 2-9V batteries.
(06-05-2013, 10:10 PM)Maggot Wrote: I might even find 7/11's brain but this thing is not nuclear powered it works on 2-9V batteries.

har har very funny.
I got a microscope set when I was about 9 or 10 it was fun and as soon as I started masturbating I wasted no time in having a look at my little tadpoles swimming around!
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]